New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/23/2014 7:36:00 PM

It's cheap for $2 at Rite Aid! It does a decent job of lengthening and thickening, but it might be irritating my eyes a little. I'm not sure as this is the very first mascara I've ever tried. I have short, straight, but fairly dense eyelashes, and the difference before and after is somewhat noticeable. The brush is a bit big compared to my lashes (although it's hardly a large brush) and the formula does tend to clump with a few more passes. I get it all over my upper lid when I apply it---might be my amateur technique, but it's easy to remove as long as you don't have eyeshadow in place, so I would put my eyeshadow on afterwards. Definitely doesn't curl unless I hold my lashes up while it dries. It smudges a bit on my lower lash line, but not on my lids thankfully (I have very oily eyes).

Update: it's all about the technique. Apply it to the tips of your lashes first with a "fluffing" motion then swipe through. That really builds up the length. Would buy again.

on 12/31/2013 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this! Makes my lashes appear to be really huge and long! The formula is great, a little dry but also a little wet! I love it and will continue to use it and repurchase it for that false lash effect!

I bought this at my local drugstore because I needed new mascara and I like lengthening mascara. I didn't have too much money, therefore this one was the mascara that I ended up buying. It is overall a good mascara, minimal clumping, and it doesn't weigh down my lashes too much. I would repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is good for people who don't wanna spend a lot of money. For me, it gives nice length to my short lashes, and I adore the packaging! But it does clump, so it wasn't my most fav, but it was good. I won't repurchase unfortunately.

on 11/1/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim when I was on vacation because I forgot my mascara. I didn't want to spend a lot and I found this one for really cheap. I didn't have high hope for this mascara. As I predicted this mascara couldn't hold my curled lashes the second I put this on my lashes started to go down. But I used it for a week until I got back home and tossed it in the trash can. Will not repurchase.

on 10/26/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this as a replacement for my HG everyday lengthening mascara (Wet n Wild), and was pleasantly surprised. Holds a curl well, dries quick but not too quick, and overall looks great. If you're looking for an inexpensive mascara to say, keep in your purse or gym bag as an extra, this would be a great choice.

on 10/13/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit I bought this because there were some good reviews and it is so cheap. It really is barely effective and not worth buying for any reason. I can say that also about City Curls and the other NYC mascaras which I tried. I never reach for them anymore after giving them a chance for several days and realizing they do nothing. I reach for mascaras that coat and colour the lashes. This brand just doesn't do that. OK - to be fair, if this was the only brand of mascara in the world, then yes, I'd use it and buy it again. Or maybe I'd just make my own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

It's an okay mascara, but nothing I would repurchase. It gives me some length, but not much. My eyelashes start to droop after 5 minutes of wearing it. On the plus side, it is very dark and black. Meh, not impressed.

on 9/25/2013 5:25:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good little mascara. I bought this to pair up w/ a volumizing mascara to create a dramatic lash look. I liked the thin little brush and thought, if nothing else it would make a good bottom lash mascara. First of all, it's a drier formula, so it holds a curl very well. And even though it is dry, it's very comfortable to wear; it doesn't leave you with plastic-y, stiff lashes. I hate that feeling, but sometimes tolerate it if it gives a great look. But stiff lashes can be a bit painful sometimes, for me, anyway. Also, it adds decent (not incredible) length. By itself, it is good for an everyday mascara. Paired with a volumizing mascara, it gives just that bit of added length that my lashes need for a dramatic, false lash effect,

on 9/20/2013 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In all honesty, this is my favorite daily use mascara. It always amazes me that this is so inexpensive! It gives great length, holds a curl all day and stays wet just long enough to apply a few coats yet dries quickly enough not to smudge. For me, this lasts all day and doesn't flake or smudge under my eyes. The brush is thin enough to get the lower lashes too. I like different mascaras for different looks but if I could only use one for the rest of my life, then this would be the one.

Edit 1/14/2014-
Ok, I don't know if the formula changed or I have gottena a couple of bad batches but this is just no longer working like it used to. I have found a new fave (see my reviews! lol) and even when this was the best for me, it didn't look like my new fave. Have had to knock off a few lippies on this one....such a bummer!