April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Bright, cheerful, vibrant, energetic--YET not irritating in the slightest. Beautiful floral burst of honey+ roses, jasmine, orange blossom. The honey MAKES this for me, it goes so well with the other notes. Lovely lasting power and sillage, rare in perfumes these days. Sweet but not cloyingly so. SO beautiful. Not one bad thing to say about this. It actually reminds me of Michael Kors, probably due to the white florals--and also Valentina Valentino, cuz of the citrus-y sweetness. Theperfumecritic.com has an awesome review of this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried this scent several times and always love it. Orange blossoms are my favorite and I take pleasure in the fact Elie Saab delivers. The main factor I will buy this is due to its staying power. I would sample in the morning and still smell it well past dinner. I also think it works for all seasons as it dries down warmly. This is not the most unique, groundbreaking perfume ever so I won't give it a '5', but for me it's lovely and wearable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 More reviews by fivezero

Spritzed twice on my arm in the store and it followed me around all day long, for probably 10 hours (hot day, though). Points for lasting power, but otherwise it's a generic floral with some oriental notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by jaiken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just purchased this in Paris while on vacation. It is the perfect blend of understated with lasting power. In the US, I have tried many "subtler" fragrances that fade after an hour. This one has better lasting power. It starts off floral on me, but dries to a spicier, warmer scent. I already love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Elie Saab is my signature scent. It's definitely not your average fragrance. It's got a unique, sophisticated combination of ingredients. The orange blossoms, patchouli, Jasmine, rose honey and cedar work perfectly with my chemistry. I put on Elie Saab and feel like a woman. It's the first scent I can truly call my own.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by calanthe

I ripped out the sample strip from a magazine and rubbed it on my wrist, then let my husband smell it. Usually he's indifferent to my perfumes (Angel, Organza, Black Amethyst, Notorious...) but when he smelled this, he said, "Now THAT's a perfume." I've been searching for a fragrance that would get that reaction from him! Just hope he surprises me with a bottle of it. Yummy, lovely, feminine, but not cloying or sweet.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an edgy perfume, it's neither FULL floral or too oriental. On my skin it smells slightly exotic with a tad bit of spice. Not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's not fair to base a review on a paper tester in a magazine but I reacted so badly to this perfume that I have to say something. (There were other fragrance testers in that magazine that were fine so there is some basis for comparison.) Bottom line, this overwhelmingly floral perfume smells something akin to bug spray - I had to shower and throw the magazine in the trash before I could get it out of my nostrils. Ugh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I sniffed this on a tester in Nordstrom's and really enjoyed the sweet, uplifting citrus scent that reminded me of SweetTarts candy. I bought a sample, and it goes on smelling very sharp and alcoholy--not like candy at all. Eventually the SweetTarts reveal themselves, but they are mixed with something green and somewhat acidic that hurts my nose when I inhale it. This doesn't smell bad, but my sensitive nose just can't handle it. If you are looking for something similar to Serge Lutens Fleurs de Cittronnier, this is it. When it dries down, the greenness subsides somewhat and there is a faint powderiness like the SweetTarts have been crushed. Not bad, but not super-good. Reminds me of something a rich teen girl would wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ScottishScentLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Elie Saab is an edgy, classy but sassy scent with excellent staying power. I first smelt it in a magazine sample swab and it was love at first scent. Bought it immediately afterwards. It does start off sharp, but it very quickly settles down into a clean, crisp, white and green floral. Beautifully feminine and very sexy. I'd say it suits the more confident woman - shrinking violets look away now! The bottle is stunning as well. I can understand why some have given this a negative review, as it's one of those scents which (like Marmite) some will love and some will hate. I hate Marmite. I love Elie Saab.