April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Polishes - Essie - Muchi Muchi

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Nekokisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a pretty color in the bottle. Once you try putting it on its a different story. Its streaky and takes a million coats to look even slightly opaque. It doesn't look good with slightly darker than tan skin tone either. I bought it with shine of the times (which I do recommend) to make an opal effect. It looks okay but it isnt wow. I still have doubts about the color on my skin tone but I love opals too much, so I wear it every one in a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love the color of this!! I just wish it wasn't so hard to apply. It's streaky and takes several coats to make even and opaque. I love milky white color; it makes my skin looked more tanned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm an Essie fan but this is by far the worst nail polish I ever put on my nails. Its so sheer and the more you layer the worse it gets. This polish bubbled after coat #2 and even with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat it STILL wasn't dry after an hour and ended up smudging and denting on me (usually my polish is rock hard after half an hour). I may keep it for a french manicure but that's the only thing its good for. I wanted a pale pink for a wedding I am bridesmaid for (her colour are charcoal and pale pink) and I ended up going to Sally's to get Orly "Lift The Veil" which worked much better in formula and a very similar shade of pink. I will definitely not repurchase this product and do not recommend it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by michellekim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour is a pretty pastel pink-lavender shade - very girly and cute for summer. I like its "jelly" formula/texture, like most Essie shades. Although a pretty shade, it's not my absolute favourite... I like it, but don't love it - just a matter of personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Melli098

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Freakin love this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muchi Muchi is one of the 1st colors I ever bought and I still love it. Like most milky pastels it may go on streaky but will even out with 2/3 coats. This color is so cuteee...its a nice subtle barbie pink..a perfect pastel pink :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by prettycoyote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was surprised how bad the reviews were for this polish! :( I bought this along with A Crewed Interest and they're my first two Essie polishes. Now, let me tell you how and why this may have worked for me!
I got this at target, perhaps they have a fresher stock than drugstores? Everytime I go into CVS the polishes look separated and untouched for years. Ew! Not sure if it makes a difference. Was $7.50 ish.
I can't paint my nails to save my life. And my natural nails arent cute. So, I have short acrylics. I went to my salon and had them do my nails and paint them with this. Took two coats, and it didn't seem goopy at all to me, she didn't have any issues? I think it applies better to the acrylic than to natural nails maybe?
She put on a topcoat, dried in a while and I've been adoring my nails ever since. They're beautiful! I love the soft lilac essence in the pink. No streaks, looks perfect.
So! Maybe apply a ridge filler before using this?
I wish everyone else got to love this the way I do. What a shame! But if you're liking the color and have acrylic nails like me, I'd say get it.
I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is an ok color, definitely not the pink I was expecting. It is very streaky, and takes about 3-4 coats to get the color pay off. It takes a long time to dry, even when you think it's dry, if you scratch your head or something it will smudge. I swear it took two days for this to completely dry. However, it does give your nails a nice classic finish, and with a pink glitter accent nail it looks really good. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by FuzzyBear

I really liked the pastel pink color in the bottle, but at full opacity on your nails it has a purple undertone that isn't evident at all from looking at the bottle. The first coat is incredibly streaky. :P By the second and third coat it evened out. The formula isn't unworkable but there certainly is a lot of room for improvement. Still, I love the color and it would probably look great on tanned skinned girls. In the end, though, I'd probably pass it up for a similar pink that isn't so problematic to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by tiky232

1-word: Garbage

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

This is basically another ballet slippers.. pretty colour, horrible application.