August 28, 2014 | 1715 users online

Polishes - Essie - Muchi Muchi

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kristinfelicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I saw this nail polish I fell in love with the color, but when I got home and tried it out I was really disappointed. The formula is very thin and watery, and since you need at least 4 coats it takes forever to dry. But if you like really sheer colors, you might like this...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by saranov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My review is a verification of the things that others have said. Now, if only this color were more opaque and less streaky upon applying it, it would be a HG polish for me. I'm a huge fan of light nude pinks, and Muchi Muchi seemed to call my name. The color is absolutely gorgeous and looks great against my fair skin. The bad part is that each coat takes seemingly FOREVER to dry. It's frustrating. The formula is awful, and it's a shame. I suppose if you have the patience and time to dedicate to put at least FOUR coats in order for it to not be horribly streaky or to see the whites of your nails, then by all means buy Muchi Muchi!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually love Essie polishes and this one looked so promising in the bottle, sadly it a nightmare to apply, very watery and after five coats it was still very sheer and streaky, drying time was horrendous also. I have tried it again several times and get the same results, I cant bring myself to bin as its such a pretty colour. I only paid 3 for this, I'd be angry if Id paid full retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I say no because I don't see me running out anytime soon. I am a pedicure person though, being in the medical field, I don't paint my nails often. On my toes, having tan skin it looks nice, yes can be a bit streaky but applied carefully looks good I use my Orly rubber base coat and it looks good. I like it I am picky about pinky nudes being around Mac Nc42 sometimes nude pink colors don't show up on my nails. I like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Nekokisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a pretty color in the bottle. Once you try putting it on its a different story. Its streaky and takes a million coats to look even slightly opaque. It doesn't look good with slightly darker than tan skin tone either. I bought it with shine of the times (which I do recommend) to make an opal effect. It looks okay but it isnt wow. I still have doubts about the color on my skin tone but I love opals too much, so I wear it every one in a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love the color of this!! I just wish it wasn't so hard to apply. It's streaky and takes several coats to make even and opaque. I love milky white color; it makes my skin looked more tanned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm an Essie fan but this is by far the worst nail polish I ever put on my nails. Its so sheer and the more you layer the worse it gets. This polish bubbled after coat #2 and even with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat it STILL wasn't dry after an hour and ended up smudging and denting on me (usually my polish is rock hard after half an hour). I may keep it for a french manicure but that's the only thing its good for. I wanted a pale pink for a wedding I am bridesmaid for (her colour are charcoal and pale pink) and I ended up going to Sally's to get Orly "Lift The Veil" which worked much better in formula and a very similar shade of pink. I will definitely not repurchase this product and do not recommend it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by michellekim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour is a pretty pastel pink-lavender shade - very girly and cute for summer. I like its "jelly" formula/texture, like most Essie shades. Although a pretty shade, it's not my absolute favourite... I like it, but don't love it - just a matter of personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Melli098

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Freakin love this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muchi Muchi is one of the 1st colors I ever bought and I still love it. Like most milky pastels it may go on streaky but will even out with 2/3 coats. This color is so cuteee...its a nice subtle barbie pink..a perfect pastel pink :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by prettycoyote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was surprised how bad the reviews were for this polish! :( I bought this along with A Crewed Interest and they're my first two Essie polishes. Now, let me tell you how and why this may have worked for me!
I got this at target, perhaps they have a fresher stock than drugstores? Everytime I go into CVS the polishes look separated and untouched for years. Ew! Not sure if it makes a difference. Was $7.50 ish.
I can't paint my nails to save my life. And my natural nails arent cute. So, I have short acrylics. I went to my salon and had them do my nails and paint them with this. Took two coats, and it didn't seem goopy at all to me, she didn't have any issues? I think it applies better to the acrylic than to natural nails maybe?
She put on a topcoat, dried in a while and I've been adoring my nails ever since. They're beautiful! I love the soft lilac essence in the pink. No streaks, looks perfect.
So! Maybe apply a ridge filler before using this?
I wish everyone else got to love this the way I do. What a shame! But if you're liking the color and have acrylic nails like me, I'd say get it.
I love it!