Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 4/13/2014 6:51:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation, but unfortunately there is nothing matte about it.
I have oily/combination skin, NW15, and Calico matches me pretty well, albeit it gives me a bit of a grey cast.
I love the texture of this foundation, it's so easy to spread and blend. But it's never matte on me, it gives me a glowy finish right after application (and because I've had oily skin all my life, the last thing I want is glow!), and I look oily within the hour, even if I set it with powder.
It does last and covers very well, I'd say the coverage is medium-high, but other than that, it's just meh. I suppose it would be much better for someone with normal, even slightly dry skin.
It's not a bad foundation by any means, but it definitely doesn't suit my type of skin.

on 4/7/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin.. even at my age mid 40s. I have yet to find a foundation that truly keeps me shine free for more than a couple of hours, and this foundation is no exception.

It goes on easily, and a little goes a long way. Has a yucky smell to it, reminds me of a stinky vacuum if you have dogs. Thankfully the smell doesn't linger. It blends well and if needed, builds well. However after a couple of hours I'm super shiny. And I do notice that the make up accentuates the fine lines I have around my laugh lines, even with primer.

I do like it though.. and will continue to buy it, as it's the only matte/long lasting foundation I have found that doesn't rub off the high spots, and it doesn't look cakey at all like foundations like Revlon Color Stay does to me.

I'll use it until I find something better or until my skin dries up, hopefully someday.

on 3/11/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've been using this foundation for about a week now, and so far I'm loving it.

I'm a NC37 and I purchased this in the shade "deeply beige" which seems to be a near-perfect match! I was using Revlon's whipped before this but decided to move on and find a new foundation which I didn't have to manipulate to suit more of my yellow undertone.

I apply with SK's synthetic flat top brush and achieve medium-full coverage. What I love about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize at all, it hasn't broken me out, and it does keep my skin matte for several hours (I always set with powder, though). It doesn't settle into pores or lines and I find the powders that I layer on top of it (setting, contouring, blush) to blend into it very well. I don't find this to slip off my face at the end of a long day... it actually still looks pretty fresh and even a bit more natural. It lasts!!

I love the fact that this has a pump that is super easy to control... Really nice packaging. I was getting too used to dipping my fingers into Revlon's whipped foundation jar (eek, I know!).

Happy that got around to trying this foundation. Will repurchase

on 3/9/2014 10:02:00 PM

this foundation can be quite pricey but if you warch at target sometimes it goes on sale. the best foundation to help make you feel like you have covered all the flaws on your face :-)

on 3/2/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

didnt last on face broke forehead out

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've written a review on this product before. I can't believe how much I love this product. I want anyone and everyone to at least try this foundation because it's not very well known or marketed. This is single-handedly the best foundation I've ever bought! Great in every way, honestly.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love it.

Pros:
--LASTS
--price
--a pump....but--see cons
--color choice. I'm a pale NEUTRAL. The lightest shade fits me perfectly.

Cons:
--hard to see how much is left in the bottle. I wish it was in a squeeze tube, instead. You can always cut the bottom of those to scoop out the rest.
--I didn't notice this at first, but the product stinks now. it has a sour smell; I don't know if it's gone bad...or if it just smells that way. It's hard to imagine that I didn't smell it from the beginning...?

This is no exaggeration: my foundation was still in place from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. I used ELF's white primer. I will buy this again.....but I hope it doesn't had that sour odor.

I have been wanting a new foundation for a while as the current one I had was doing my skin type no good. I have Oily and Dry skin, which is a horrible combination, so finding the right foundation has proven difficult. However, if you are prone to this skin type also then follow in my footsteps as it may suit you just fine.

No 7 counters in Boots stores today offer a colour match service which provides you the exact skin tone you need to search for when rummaging through their make-up products. It is an exciting process, I tell you. Firstly I explained to the woman my skin issues which she then advised which product she would test on me. This was No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation at £12.95. Slightly steep, but with the constant offers they seem to provide I managed to bag it for £10 and it lasts at least 4 months.

Firstly they wipe off any make-up and then test the skin tone with a remote thing they have. Mine turned out to be 'Calico' which is the lightest they provide. She then re-did my make-up for me with the product she was advising and the results were great! She used minimal amount and blending with a foundation brush. Using a sponge or fingers is fine also. Using a small amount still covers blemishes but also stops my skin from becoming oily!

I highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I have oily prone skin, but I have yet to find a foundation that I do not have to set with a powder. I was absolutely blown away the first time I used this foundation, I have never seen my skin look so good. 3rd time repurchasing, the wow factor has decreased a tad (as expected) but I am still completely in love, and I will remain a faithful user of this foundation.
Pros - Glides on to skin effortlessly. Cons - Moderately expensive.
- Long lasting (To a certain point). - Packaging is difficult at times.
- Airbrushed finish.

on 1/6/2014 1:46:00 AM

I Love this foundation it might be hg, but I'm still trying to decide how I feel about running out so quickly. I used it exclusively for about 6 weeks, one pump a day and while it looks like I should have half a bottle left, the pump no longer dispenses product and the bottle no longer had any weight so I cam only assume the bottle is empty even though it doesn't look empty. Grrr

On to the positives. I have dry skin with an oily t zone and thus Foundation makes my skin look smooth and covers up my Rosacea, acne, and age spots. Even better, it didn't havea crazy dry finish, nor does it accentuate my huge pores or cling to drier areas. It doesn't break me out and it blends great with my real techniques stippling brush, I also blended it in with my fingers and the elf flat top brush, but like the finish best with the real techniques brush. The stayng power isn't the best on its own, I'd say is kinda average in that respect, but the way it makes my skin look makes up for that and it lasts okay.

Hmm the more I think about it, the more I reckon I will go pick up some more, even if I did run out in half the time a foundation normally lasts.

ETA: I ended up taking the top off and yes, it is still half full of foundation. I presume that the pump broke so I've been doing the whole, q-tip in the bottle thing to use it up. I really wish the packaging were different. Then it would truly be HG.