July 28, 2014 | 2169 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very thick, heavy coverage foundation which is okay because I have acne scarring and need a lot of coverage, however it may be TOO thick. I found you have to use quit a bit of product to get enough for your whole face. It's consistency makes it difficult to blend, and if you don't blend right away then it dries almost like a clay and is impossible to blend afterword. It also tends to looks splotchy over dry areas but maybe if you have oily skin (I don't, mine is on the dry side) then it would work better for you. PROS: thick coverage, lasts all day, no need for setting powder, doesn't feel too heavy, hides redness CONS: too thick, blending is VERY difficult, time consuming application, sticks on dry spots, can give that "too much makeup" look. Overall this foundation is not bad and I will use it for nights out or special occasions but definitely not an everyday foundation. Best for oily/combination skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Enp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice foundation that definitely gives a matte finish, in fact it's almost like a powdery effect. I like this product however I feel as though it doesn't go very far in terms of application. I felt like in order to cover one cheek I had to use a fair amount unlike the brands Stay Perfect foundation.
I wouldn't use this product if you have dry skin but would be great for those who suffer from oily zones. I liked the idea tht the pump pushes up the bottle and you can see how much you have left. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just came back from a European holiday and bought a few makeup items and this is one of them. I heard about them before but since Australia does not stock the brand I have never had a chance to try it, so when i went to London I made sure to visit a boots store (they are everywhere!) and the consultant match my skin with a little machine and since I was after a matte foundation, beautifully matte that is!
I cannot even start to say how much I love this foundation, granted this is matte, very matte, so dry skin ladies please go look for something else because you will hate it. I on the other have combination skin, my t zone can get very oily and my cheeks are dry. I still love bourjois' healthy mix foundation but usually it does melt off after long day at work. I do not need to powder with this boots foundation during the day and my face looks pretty much the same as I left the house in the morning.
But yes, this foundation hangs onto dry patches, so with my cheeks I just need to make sure I hydrate them very well the night before and then its fine when the foundation goes on.
It is a med-full coverage foundation but I do not find this buildable in the sense if you want this to be a full coverage. Once you start to pile this on, it cakes and doesnt look nice. I usually use one pump, spread it out using my fingers or beauty blender and if i really need to then maybe another half a pump on the area I want a little more coverage, but I think thats the limit to the foundation. I tried once to see what happen if I put another pump through, it starts to cake in patches and doesnt look nice anymore... so I wouldnt recommend that.
I also finish off using their translucent powder (which also love) and my face would stay like that the whole day. For the price I really cannot complain.
For your reference, I use warm ivory in this, 52 in healthy mix, and NC20 in pro long wear

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by labelladani

HORRIBLE. Worst foundation I have ever purchased. It has a horrible fragrance that makes me want to gag the first and only time I applied it. Midway through the day my face started to breakout around my jawline and around my nose! I have never experienced this problem with any product before and I have had numerous trial and errors with so many foundations ranging from high end to drugstore. This is simply a horrible product for me, it goes on very gray, sucking the life out of my face but a little contouring help to counteract that effect. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this product because I did like the coverage. No doubt, it provided a full coverage for my face full of acne scars and redness in areas. Unfortunately that matte finish doesn't hold up all day and worst of all it broke me out midway during the day! I will stay far away from this product and line.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use a lot of no7 products so I thought the foundation would be a good buy, its not the cheapest of products the bottle is an average size and would probably last quite a while. The product itself is pretty thick when using a sponge or brush it needed to be damp to work with the product and it clung to all the dry parts of my face, its very matte like its states on the bottle and would probably be a good buy for someone with rather oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i looooooooooooooooove this foundation the only reason why i don't wear it often is that i got it in a shade that only matches me when i am tanned,its creamy and smooth easy to blend the finish is matte its a full coverage foundation and covers all my imperfections perfectly and believe me i have a lot ... i don't like the color range some of them seem way too pink but i think this foundation is amazing for oily/combo skin i would think you really need to moisturize well if you have dry skin it has a really horrible smell but fades after you put it on i feel like this is one of the best drugstore foundations out there

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is really a matte foundation which is awesome because most foundations thay claim to be matte really are not and don't stay matte all day but this does. I took off a lippie because it makes my face very flat but bronzer and highlighter and blush are an easy fix for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by beiler24

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will stay put on my oily skin in the summer. I purchased this foundation at Target for $13. Upon application (I use a foundation brush) this foundation gives a lightweight, matte finish and covers small blemishes well. The only area I have to apply concealer to is the sunspot on the bridge of my nose, but even then I only need a small additional amount of coverage for that area. I love the finish this foundation gives...matte without looking dry or emphasizing my fine lines. Throughout the day (as I am in and out of the humidity and heat we have here) I find that my oil does break through, but I don't "shine" and my foundation does not slide off my face. There is not a single foundation to date that I have found that truly controls my oil; it always breaks through, but I can blot this foundation with oil absorbent papers and my face still looks nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great when it's first applied but after maybe 3 hours, if that, my face is so shiney! It should be called beautifully dewy. It's certainly not matte, at least not for long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I wasn't sure about the colour match originally as I was matched to Deeply Beige when I had a tan and was looking for a summer shade and it seemed far too light for my complexion then. However, it matches my non-summer NC25-30 complexion perfectly. The texture, ease of application (for a foundation aimed at oily skin), beautiful slightly satin finish as opposed to flat matte, medium to full coverage, lack of chemical-y fragrance and longevity make it a definite re-purchase for me. It's in the mid-to-upper price range at around 15 UK quid unless it's on offer and it's worth every penny as the finish is definitely high end. I have cheaper foundations that I use if I'm just out for a few hours but this one looks great all day. I apply with a brush and don't have to work fast to blend, unlike another foundation aimed at oily skin... It doesn't go shiny although I do have to use finishing powder and touch up once or twice during the day, which is standard for me. Due to my experience, I am not convinced the matching gadget is infallible; you still need to check the samples.