November 23, 2014 | 1979 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

I *love* the full, flawless, velvety coverage given by this foundation. However, I still find that I develop slight shine on my T-Zone within a few hours so it isn't perfect in that respect but still very good. Also, I was colour matched for the palest shade 'Calico' which made me look like a ghost. I therefore bought it in 'Beige' as well and mix the two on my hand and then apply. Gives me a much warmer, truer match I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Aimrimx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've read so many comments saying this product is 'okay'. Personally, I think it's amazing! I've tried so so so many different foundations, including MAC, Benefit, YSL and all of the drug store brands like Rimmel, Maybelline etc. However my friend told me to buy this a few months ago, and it's the best decision I've ever made. My skin is oily, spot prone and I have dozens of acne scars. People have been saying the liquid itself is too thick, well it's lovely, it feels like velvet, and the smell isn't off putting at all! It helps my oily skin and doesn't bring me out I'm spots, and best of all it hides most of my acne scars! It's definitely one foundation that I will carry on purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I bought this foundation last week as I was on the hunt for a good drugstore full coverage foundation . At first I was a bit skeptical as it is a matte foundation and I have a few dry patches but when the woman tried it in the shop it looked lovely on my skin which was surprising. The colour match is perfect which made me want it even more. I've been using it everyday now and I really am liking it. I use it with a beauty blender and it gives a lovely coverage and covers all of my redness, scarring and spots. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it can be a little hard to blend and you have to do it pretty much straight away or it won't work out. Other than that great foundation !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Alician1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially started to use this foundation as my skin became very 'acne-prone', something my skin has never experienced! So because of the salicylic acid I went for this foundation to try and tame the acne - The acne was only on my chin and so far (touch wood) this is has cleared with the help of tablets prescribed from the doctors (antibiotics tetracycline) and epiduo cream.

When I first started to use this foundation, I thought it worked wonders in covering and not aggravating my spots - my spots at one point became VERY sore and this foundation never once aggravated that.

However, the foundation is pretty thick/cakey and would enhance my fine lines i.e. my laugh lines and it also sunk into to the vey fine lines around my face, and lines I never even thought I had!!! - Bear in mind I'm only 21 and don't have 'deep' wrinkles.

I would recommend this to someone who is struggling with spots, and wants a foundation that will not aggravate them but just be cautious that this foundation will sink into your fines lines!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very thick, heavy coverage foundation which is okay because I have acne scarring and need a lot of coverage, however it may be TOO thick. I found you have to use quit a bit of product to get enough for your whole face. It's consistency makes it difficult to blend, and if you don't blend right away then it dries almost like a clay and is impossible to blend afterword. It also tends to looks splotchy over dry areas but maybe if you have oily skin (I don't, mine is on the dry side) then it would work better for you. PROS: thick coverage, lasts all day, no need for setting powder, doesn't feel too heavy, hides redness CONS: too thick, blending is VERY difficult, time consuming application, sticks on dry spots, can give that "too much makeup" look. Overall this foundation is not bad and I will use it for nights out or special occasions but definitely not an everyday foundation. Best for oily/combination skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Enp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice foundation that definitely gives a matte finish, in fact it's almost like a powdery effect. I like this product however I feel as though it doesn't go very far in terms of application. I felt like in order to cover one cheek I had to use a fair amount unlike the brands Stay Perfect foundation.
I wouldn't use this product if you have dry skin but would be great for those who suffer from oily zones. I liked the idea tht the pump pushes up the bottle and you can see how much you have left. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just came back from a European holiday and bought a few makeup items and this is one of them. I heard about them before but since Australia does not stock the brand I have never had a chance to try it, so when i went to London I made sure to visit a boots store (they are everywhere!) and the consultant match my skin with a little machine and since I was after a matte foundation, beautifully matte that is!
I cannot even start to say how much I love this foundation, granted this is matte, very matte, so dry skin ladies please go look for something else because you will hate it. I on the other have combination skin, my t zone can get very oily and my cheeks are dry. I still love bourjois' healthy mix foundation but usually it does melt off after long day at work. I do not need to powder with this boots foundation during the day and my face looks pretty much the same as I left the house in the morning.
But yes, this foundation hangs onto dry patches, so with my cheeks I just need to make sure I hydrate them very well the night before and then its fine when the foundation goes on.
It is a med-full coverage foundation but I do not find this buildable in the sense if you want this to be a full coverage. Once you start to pile this on, it cakes and doesnt look nice. I usually use one pump, spread it out using my fingers or beauty blender and if i really need to then maybe another half a pump on the area I want a little more coverage, but I think thats the limit to the foundation. I tried once to see what happen if I put another pump through, it starts to cake in patches and doesnt look nice anymore... so I wouldnt recommend that.
I also finish off using their translucent powder (which also love) and my face would stay like that the whole day. For the price I really cannot complain.
For your reference, I use warm ivory in this, 52 in healthy mix, and NC20 in pro long wear

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by labelladani

HORRIBLE. Worst foundation I have ever purchased. It has a horrible fragrance that makes me want to gag the first and only time I applied it. Midway through the day my face started to breakout around my jawline and around my nose! I have never experienced this problem with any product before and I have had numerous trial and errors with so many foundations ranging from high end to drugstore. This is simply a horrible product for me, it goes on very gray, sucking the life out of my face but a little contouring help to counteract that effect. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this product because I did like the coverage. No doubt, it provided a full coverage for my face full of acne scars and redness in areas. Unfortunately that matte finish doesn't hold up all day and worst of all it broke me out midway during the day! I will stay far away from this product and line.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use a lot of no7 products so I thought the foundation would be a good buy, its not the cheapest of products the bottle is an average size and would probably last quite a while. The product itself is pretty thick when using a sponge or brush it needed to be damp to work with the product and it clung to all the dry parts of my face, its very matte like its states on the bottle and would probably be a good buy for someone with rather oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i looooooooooooooooove this foundation the only reason why i don't wear it often is that i got it in a shade that only matches me when i am tanned,its creamy and smooth easy to blend the finish is matte its a full coverage foundation and covers all my imperfections perfectly and believe me i have a lot ... i don't like the color range some of them seem way too pink but i think this foundation is amazing for oily/combo skin i would think you really need to moisturize well if you have dry skin it has a really horrible smell but fades after you put it on i feel like this is one of the best drugstore foundations out there