October 2, 2014 | 1007 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Lash Love Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start this off by writing a bit about MK. My mom has bought from MK since I was a small child. My sister started selling MK within the past few years. Both try to push it off on me because my mom loves the brand and wants me to support my sister. I get this but I went with my mom one time to a hotel meet-up. They had this thing where you could try out and buy the make-up. The make-up I tried there caused my face to be tender, red, and have a few hives. So you can understand why I'm hesitant to re-try MK. My sister tends to think that pushing MK on me for birthdays and Christmas is a good idea. It isn't and I tend to not really use the stuff.

So I have this mascara sitting in a box unused. I have one I have used and I'm not impressed. I love Covergirl Clump Crusher so much better. The Lash Love mascara doesn't really separate, give thickness, or length. It's just a mediocre mascara for an expensive price ($15). You could buy 2 CG mascaras for that price. I just don't see the love for this and probably will toss it. I have no idea what to do with the spare I have along with the make-up remover (both still in box). Might be worth trading...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I am blessed with long curly lashes, I just use mascara to thicken them up and they always look gorgeous with any brand! And let's be honest, the only difference between every mascara is not their chemical composition but the different tips of wands the companies make (except if you purchase Dr. Haushka's all natural makeup, they really make all natural stuff - very expensive though- but I'm getting off the point). This mascara is a mess! And I mean, a mess! The formula is liquidy instead of being a little more creamy -although that changes over time- but I don't mind that, the thing is the brush is a small flexible tip covered in very small bristles that do NOT comb through the lashes effectively, making huge black clumps that have to be removed with tissue immediately. This could be perfect for short, scarce lashes, and I'm still doubting it can be useful. If you want your lashes to look like tarantula legs, this is for you dear...
******** UPDATE ********
I have found a way to make this mascara not get clumpy in my lashes, and it really worked. My lashes looked long, full and gorgeous. BUT, ever since I started using this regularly my eye lashes have started to shed. I have lost up to 10 hairs per eye per day... Which has made me worried... My beautiful lashes are now scarce and thin...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by bturney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new holy grail. Before this it was Covergirl Lash Blast Volume. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I use it with the Mary Kay Lash Primer. These two together are 5 stars in my opinion. The mascara on its own is great but I feel like it tries to clump a little without the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Yecats7250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this mascara. Iím on my 3rd or 4th tube of it. I tried to venture out at Sephora and try something else (only because it does seem to dry out a bit faster than other mascaras) and I bought one, exchanged it for another, that one didnít work, so I got another and then I decided to stop looking and go back to MK. Itís just that good. The formula is nice, the brush is rubber and volumizes, defines, lifts and seperates. It does all. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Hilbean

At first, this mascara had too much of a wet texture for me. A mascara that's too wet weighs down my lashes and doesn't keep the curl I need. After a week or two, the formula dried out a little bit and became perfect! I do wish the tube cleaned off a bit more of the product when you pull out the brush, but it is a great formula that gives beautiful volume and length. I would definitely recommend it, as long as you're willing to be just a bit patient with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by hyperspacecake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a full-sized sample of this with some shoes for some reason, and was initially apprehensive... It is a really thick formula so if you don't have time to seperate your lashes then it probably isn't for you. But I love this stuff, once my lashes are seperated it makes them thick and long. It's really easy to layer for more length too. I sell Mary kay so I get the products for half off, so I will almost definately buy it again. I'm not completely sure if I would if it weren't half price, but probably.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I received this as a freebie from Shoedazzle, so I decided to try this mascara for a month. I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my lashes - they appear to be the same length. And it doesn't hold curls very well either. I love the packaging though and the long brush makes it very easy to apply. If I was not given this as a gift, I don't think I would have bought it for its full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara just isnt for me. I think I just dont have the kind of lashes you need for this to work. Mine are thick, straight and as to the lenght somewhere in the middle. This just coated them, did not add volume or lenght and smudged really bad. I am really sorry this wasnt the right mascara for me. I believe it works for people with different kind of lashes though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Yuck - this stuff is the bain of my lash existence! My sister loves this mascara, so I thought I would try it - total clumpy mess!!! It turned my long, fairly thick lashes into a disgusting, horrific mess. I guess it just depends on what kind of lashes you have, and what you need - just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh. My. Gosh. What a great mascara! I am quite the diva when it comes to my eyelashes. I want a formula that will hold my curl but still be flexible enough to not make my lashes look stiff or clumpy. I think the trick to this stuff is the brush! It's a rubber brush and I find it coats my lashes evenly and really helps lengthen and define them. I will be repurchasing! Score!