Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- Makes your skin feel so soft and velvety
- Portable packaging. For those who have complaints about the messy nature of the powder, I suggest putting a powder puff on the top of the holes to prevent the powder from going everywhere.
- Mattifies the face
- Prolongs the wear of my foundation

Cons:
- For me, I can only use this powder for the daytime since it causes the dreaded white cast ie. flashback in flash photography as a result of the predominant constituent in this HD powder being silica. I found that even though I did my best to blend and not over-apply, my face was always uncomfortably slightly whiter than my neck.
- Very average lasting time of around 3-4 hours.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best finishing powder I've ever used! I was a little bit scared at first becaus it was white, but I was looking for a trancslucent powd that was actually fully trancslucent. This doesn't add any white or any colour to your face, it just sets your foundation really nicely and give it a nice smooth texture. Becaus sits made up of silica, it has a super smooth feeling. Silica is used in high en finishing powders, so if your looking for a cheap alternative try this. I picked it up for $12 at Priceline :)

on 3/30/2013 10:42:00 PM

Another Australis product that keeps me matte and doesn't break me out. I've been using it for a week and I haven't had nothing. It last all day and I am not oily at the end of the day. I have combo to oily skin and it doesn't catch onto my dry skin or breakouts. It's amazing :)

on 3/13/2013 11:07:00 PM

One of the best finishing powders I have ever used. I initially started off using the revlon photoready translucent powder but it was grey and cakey on my skin. Then I found this product and fell in love with it. Didn't need to touch up all day while I was at uni (10am-6pm). Absolutely gonna buy again.

on 3/3/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

favourite powder EVER and i've tried alot. Does not break me out at all, minimizes my pores and gives the skin a soft airbrushed smooth look, but does not add coverage ( which i like ) because that makes it impossible for it to look cakey, which i love cause i always had a problem with other powders looking cakey. It is translucent which i also LOVE because i am very fair and 95% of powders in the past have been too orangey and the wrong shade, so being transparent you cant go wrong. It sets the foundation lovely. My nose does get abit oily through the day with it but i do have oily skin. I live in NZ and this powder is $20 which is reasonable here so i think its a fair price, love it

on 1/16/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Iv gone through at least 3-4 of these.it leaves no white residue or anything it's completely invisible on me and I'm tanned! I'm very oily and this keeps shine at bay even in the late arvo (if I haven't reapplied yet) my skin is still shine free but is also greasy to the touch if that makes sense? Dirt cheap and the best setting powder iv had

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the first setting powder I've used & I must say, I'm impressed. I was expecting it to leave horrible whit patches on my face, but it has no colour when applied to the skin. It sets my makeup perfectly & lasts forever.

on 12/8/2012 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty good, especially for an Aussie brand. Think is reasonably priced ($13) but after trying the far superior MAC prep + prime loose powder ($42), I don't feel as excited over it. Yes I know, MAC is 3-4 times the price but I use heaps less of MAC ( and achieve way superior results) so it ends up a similar price in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, but doesn;t give the airbrushed look of MAC and I have to use quite a lot of it which doesn't make it that economical.

I also find it hard to get the balance between it keeping me fresh looking (i.e non shiny) and looking very powdery (which never happens with MAC).

I guess if I hadn't found MAC I'd be happy with it, so it can't hurt for you to try. It also never caused pimples etc, which is great. It can initally apprear quite ghost like but usually settles. I'm not sure how it would be on darker skins though as I am casper like.

Anyway, the best powder you can buy in Aus for such a cheap price, but I'd pick MAC over this any day despite the intial price difference. Would be great for teenages who can't afford the outlay of MAC, or anyone wanting to support a pretty decent Aussie product.

on 11/30/2012 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok WOW my HOLY GRAIL translucent face powder, applies well I hardly notice I have any on!, I get no shine or oil come through all day, Fantastic and cheap!

on 11/16/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this a month ago after reading good reviews on MUA. Thanks everyone for recommending it. I've been using it everyday ever since over my BB cream. It gives a lovely matt finish on my combo skin. With other powders, my T-zone still shiny and my cheeks still dry, but not with this one. The best part of all is the price, excellent value for money. Absolutely love it!

Recommended for Normal Skin