April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Loose Powders - Australis - Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good, especially for an Aussie brand. Think is reasonably priced ($13) but after trying the far superior MAC prep + prime loose powder ($42), I don't feel as excited over it. Yes I know, MAC is 3-4 times the price but I use heaps less of MAC ( and achieve way superior results) so it ends up a similar price in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, but doesn;t give the airbrushed look of MAC and I have to use quite a lot of it which doesn't make it that economical.

I also find it hard to get the balance between it keeping me fresh looking (i.e non shiny) and looking very powdery (which never happens with MAC).

I guess if I hadn't found MAC I'd be happy with it, so it can't hurt for you to try. It also never caused pimples etc, which is great. It can initally apprear quite ghost like but usually settles. I'm not sure how it would be on darker skins though as I am casper like.

Anyway, the best powder you can buy in Aus for such a cheap price, but I'd pick MAC over this any day despite the intial price difference. Would be great for teenages who can't afford the outlay of MAC, or anyone wanting to support a pretty decent Aussie product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Ok WOW my HOLY GRAIL translucent face powder, applies well I hardly notice I have any on!, I get no shine or oil come through all day, Fantastic and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by phungdo

Bought this a month ago after reading good reviews on MUA. Thanks everyone for recommending it. I've been using it everyday ever since over my BB cream. It gives a lovely matt finish on my combo skin. With other powders, my T-zone still shiny and my cheeks still dry, but not with this one. The best part of all is the price, excellent value for money. Absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good cheap silica based powder controls oil extremely well, does not irritate my sensitive skin, makes you skin appear smooth and soft and pores seem to disappear. Same as makeupforever hd powder at 1/4 of the price! Be careful though leaves that white cast in photos like the makeupforever hd powder. But amazing for everyday that i want long lasting results!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is fantastic, i use this daily over my BB cream just to set it in. I feel as though it really has helped with my shiny disco ball face, infact i haven't been sweaty betty by the end of the day since using it.

You cant go wrong for the price, it really has replaced alot of my high end powders actually.

I am not a fan of the packaging though, it may just be me, but it seems to go everywhere when i open it?!?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Neffy94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best translucent powder ever created ! I swear ! I wore it last night to a party and it made me shine free and matte for literally 8 hours. I was so happy ! Even though the powder is white it doesn't put any lighter pigments on your skin. I recommend it to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yep, this really is a dupe of MAC's translucent finishing powder. I have had this on top of my make up all day, and my forehead and chin (which is always prone to become very oily) has stayed almost matte this entire time. Like MAC's variant, this loose powder can become very messy! It loses a lippy for the packaging. Still, for $12.99, this is certainly a much more affordable alternative to MAC's translucent powder, and is now my HG finishing powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ilessthan3u

This is a fantastic finishing powder! I've gone through 3 of them already. I have oily-combination skin and it keeps my t-zone shine free for at least 5-6 hours (with the use of a primer under my foundation) before any shininess shows through. It does not cake up and does not leave a white cast on my face. I have never experienced any break outs with this powder so that's been a huge plus.

I love carrying this around for touch ups but its very frustrating when it has tipped upside down because when I open it the powder flies everywhere! Very annoying but it does the job. It does not come with an applicator which is fine so I've been applying this with a powder puff instead of using a brush and it gives your face an amazing airbrushed finish! Its cheap too which is a bonus.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Enkelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this Australis Ready, Set, Go! Finishing powder from Big W for AU$10 which I thought was a good price. Personally this finishing powder works well, it definitely does it's job and my foundation stays well. The issue is that it's caused breakouts on the areas I use it the most but I would recommend it for people who don't break out easily. The powder itself is very fine and white but goes on translucent.

It does leave your skin feeling very soft and smooth. The only flaws are that it leave a massive mess, the packaging isn't the best and the powder causes you to breakout sometimes. I wouldn't buy it again but then again I usually only buy something if I absolutely love it. All I'm going to say is that it does what it says it does, nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect to be wowed by it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by AliceJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have generally oily skin which makes even the lightest of powders cakey :( This however is a God send! It truly sets my powder foundation, blush and bronzer all day without my dreaded oily skin breaking through. It's true to it's claim, translucent. It didn't make my face paler at all, its so light and refreshing to have on! I just dab it on around my forehead, nose, mouth and chin and I'm good to go for the day :)
Packaging as always is cute, black case with hot pink writing. Twisting off the lid of the pot you will notice lots of small holes where the product rises up upon gently shaking. Or turning upside down (LID ON!) to disperse more product.
Price was $15 NZ at Farmers which is VERY reasonable and I love love love this. Will purchase again and again!