Clinique Chubby Stick - Mega Melon

4.3

on 6/5/2013 3:38:00 PM

I just got this product because I wanted to try a lipstick that's creamy, pencil like and not too too pigmented. I don't like heavy lipstick so I usually stick to the light and lipgloss type of products. I wasn't too sure about the color when I bought it but now I love the color. It's my go to lip color~ It's easy to apply and it goes on smoothly and I like how it makes my lips feel. It goes with any outfit which is a huge plus. Will purchase again! I want to try other colors too! <3

on 4/9/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got a mini version of Mega Melon in a gift-with-purchase kit. It's a warm peachy-rosy color in a cute little crayon-shape. It's decently moisturizing when it's freshly applied, but after the color wears off, my lips feel drier than before. Not a fan of that. The color's nice for when you wanna look fresh and natural, but I wouldn't pay $14 for a full-size once the sample runs out.

on 3/20/2013 3:47:00 AM

I love Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, but mine ran out with regular use every other month, and I just couldn't justify $15 lipbalm purchases every other month. It is a pretty and natural pink color that works well with most skin tones. The "pencil" packaging works well for precise application.

The formula goes on smoothly, moisturizes lips without drying, and is not sticky at all (I absolutely hate sticky lip products and avoid most lipglosses primarily for this reason). It does not last long, just a couple of hours, but it's such a nice product that I did not mind re-applying throughout the day.

I found a decent drugstore dupe in the Revlon LipButters Berry Smoothie, except that the Berry S is a slightly darker pink, a bit more sheer w/little sparkles, and doesn't have the pencil application. I do disclaim that if MM is very coral pink on you, Berry S may not be an exact dupe (MM comes out dark pink on me). However, Berry S is similar to Mega Melon as a pretty pink color and most importantly, feels quite the same when applied.

But anyway, I would recommend the chubby stick in Mega Melon to try out or if you don't mind paying $15 on a regular basis for lipbalm.

Absolutley LOVE! This colour really suites fair skin, quite expensive considering that it is just a tinted chap stick and It doenst last very long but it feels great and looks great while it lasts!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

ABSOLUTELY in love with this specific colour for the chubby sticks. I like some of the other colours I have but this is by far my favourite everyday one! I'm turning 16 in may and this lipcolour is totally wearable for a girl my age. I just throw this on with some mascara and powder for school and it looks so natural and makes my lips look so much bigger and lush. For me, it's kind of like a "your lips but better" colour because my lips kind of have more red tones than pink tones in them. So this just looks perfect. If your lips are naturally a lighter shade and you want a naturally darker look to them, definitely pick this up. Sooo moisturing and so worth the price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample size in my bonus box and I love it! The colour is perfect, a warming nude-coral which enhances my very pale lips. It's not too glossy either - it really is a coloured balm, and for me, really nice and moisturing on my lips.

I like the packaging and am glad it winds up - I wouldn't like it if I had to sharpen it. What I don't like is the price (you can get similar products for 1.99 from Superdrug) and also the smell. It is vile. That very waxy, L'oreal lipstick type smell. I've thrown away lippies with this type of smell before, this one doesn't seem so offensive - maybe because it is quite sheer?

I would still rebuy this though, I am hoping to get the bright pink one next. I love the finish.

on 1/2/2013 7:06:00 PM

This is hands down one of my favorite lip products of all time. Essentially a lip balm, it does what lip balms do: moisturize. Granted, since it's a colored lip balm, it's not going to compare to a Vaseline lip balm or any lip balm containing petroleum jelly. If you're looking for something that targets on moisturizing the lips, you're on the wrong page.
The color is, I agree with another reviewer, hard to explain. It's definitely not a light pink or nude color, but it goes on sheer so you don't have to worry about a dark, opaque color. It's kind of like a dark pinkish coral color. I have naturally medium-dark pink lips so when I apply it, it's just an enhanced version of my lip color, with a little shimmer. The color builds and no matter how many layers you apply, it still looks relatively natural.
I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is by far my favorite lip color amongst all lip balms/color in one. It compliments my skin nicely (the lady at Sephora was RIGHT!), it's not too sticky and I must say that my tendency to peel loose skin off my lips has vanished since I started using it.

I would've given this a 5, but it's just that it's a bit steep for a lip balm made for every day use. Also, it doesn't last very long, especially when you're an avid drinker (of water).

on 9/1/2012 5:40:00 PM

Want something that feels as good on your lips as it looks?! Then definitely give this a try. It is my every day go to lip product. Just enough tint and shine to enhance your natural lip color. Beautiful finish and most importantly, really hydrating! It even feels better than most chapsticks I own.

on 7/13/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is a very pretty pinky, nude shade with some coral in it. it's a hard color to describe since it looks slightly different in different lighting.
it has some shimmer in it so it looks so pretty on.- makes your lips look full and shiny.
it has nice color pay-off. not super sheer or opaque. can be built up the more you apply.
the formula is not very moisturising in my opinion, but it's not very drying either, so that's fine for me.
the packaging is so cute- it's like a jumbo crayon.

Recommended for Medium Skin