Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

on 7/2/2013 3:01:00 PM

My biggest skin issue is my acne marks/scars. I heard so much rant and rave about Estée Lauder's Even Skintone Illuminator serum and read so many success stories, I figured I'd give it a shot. To start out I only purchased the 1oz bottle which was around $60 at the time just because I wanted to try it out. There were 2 other sizes; a 1.7 oz which was $90 and a 3.4 which was $140. They all were a bit pricey for me but definitely worth a try to help build my self esteem. This serum is more watery in consistency than "jelly-like", which I didn't really like at first. I feel that the silicone texture helps blur the look of my pores. I used this product for almost 9 MONTHS and didn't see any sort of improvement in my skin. The only good thing I could point out was that the redness in my skin diminished a little, but nothing involving my marks. When I applied the serum it actually stung and kind of burnt my face for about a minute, but I dealt with it. The scent is so strong and smells like cucumber citrus, which I don't mind but it gets overwhelming. It had a very luminescent glow that was sort of a yellow tint and the only upside to that was it gave my skin a glow but only before I applied my foundation. I also noticed that I started to break out from this even more due to all the dang fragrance and parabens in this product. I will never repurchase this product and other people I've talked to said they had similar side effects and no results. What a waste of money in my book!! In 9 months I had purchased over $200 (after I bought the 1oz for $60 which only lasted 1 1/2 months, I bought the 3.4oz for $140 that barely lasted me 6 months!) and using it day and night I ran thorough it like hot cakes! I don't recommend this serum and Estée Lauder, you need to step up your game and quit putting so much fragrance in your products!! It's sickening.

on 6/18/2013 11:21:00 PM

I really liked the idea of using a product that would illuminate and make my skin glow but this product did not do it for me. It in fact made my imperfections stand out and dried out my skin. I was not pleased with the results and will not purchase again. I would not suggest to people who have acne break outs, this will only make it worse and cause irritation.

on 6/18/2013 7:51:00 PM

Basically this product does not live up to its claim. I used it religiously for several months and saw no difference on my cheeks. I have some splotchiness and unevenness but I can't say this product helped at all. I probably have 2/3 of a bottle left so I will use it on my navel to see if I can see any visible improvement in fading the dark line I have that runs from below my belly button down. I doubt it will work but what else can I do with this glittery cream?

on 6/17/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this together with ANR and it has just been 2 weeks but my redness is faded away a lot !!! Woww, I'm surprised by that, today I can even wear a thin layer of Double Wear to show my skin. Thank you Estee Lauder. Gonna try more of their products.

on 5/23/2013 12:18:00 AM

I have been using this serum for a 3 months now, and I think I can safely say it doesnt really have much of an effect for me. It does make the skin feel softer and smoother, and works well for the oily parts of my face (doesn't make it break out or oilier).My problem areas has always been my chin (darker tone) and my cheeks (red and splotchy). There is definitely a visible difference in the redness of my cheeks but it has not helped me with my uneven skin tone on my chin (darker tone than rest of the face). A mediocre product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nothing special about this. Does not even skintone. However it is good for people with dry skin, it makes skin feel smooth soft and hydrated. would not buy again.

on 4/14/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hi. any people that say any of the EL treatments make u 'break out' are not reviewing ur EL product. As per EL's site all off their products are non-acnegenic and will not cause any type of inflammation. U should check out what else u r using or find a separate acne treatment for your 'troubled' skin. Check EL's website for info. Do ur research.

on 4/7/2013 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hate this product. what a waste of money. it had so much silicone in it, no wonder it's only good enough to be used as a primer. I see no difference with skin tone or pores after using this. it has a lot of that mica crap in it and cause my skin to flare up with some acne. stay away from this product if you have oily skin. their advanced night repair serum is better and actually works to fade my acne scars and maintain clearer smoother looking skin.

on 4/1/2013 8:58:00 AM

This is a great primer, but, any actual skin benefits? I don't think so. Kiehls Corrective Serum is equally good as a primer and actually has enough vitamin c to make some sort of difference not to mention it's cheaper! I think if you want an estee lauder serum you can't go wrong with advanced night repair. It's my HG

on 3/28/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. I've only used it for about 2 weeks and already seeing results. And I'm honestly saying this too. I've had face scar problems my whole teen life and this works. I can't wait to see the results when I'm done with the bottle. It is pricey but it's worth what it does.

Popular Treatments (Face)