Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.5

Actives: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnnamate 8.01%, Diethylamino Hyroxybenzoyl Hexly Benzoate 2.00%. Other: Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit), Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange).

on 7/28/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Skin type: Dry yet oily. Red and splotchy. I like this out of the other Biore sunscreen I tired. No white cast, not oily after a while and it has a nice scent! I would buy this out of the other Biore brands!

on 6/26/2014 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review of the NEW FORMULA, changed in March 2014. (The 50g tube has the word "new" in yellow text on a navy blue background near the top. The 75g tube has a big pink heart shape saying "big 1.5" in yellow.)

I was attracted by the fact that this new formula contains Tinosorb S and Uvinul, great UVA filters. Then good reviews and Asia's reputation for making pretty good sunscreens persuaded me to try it, despite the second ingredient being listed as "alcohol".

This the only sunscreen out of the seven I have tested this year that I rejected after only one day. Unfortunately the alcohol dominated, causing obvious dehydration of my skin despite wearing moisturiser underneath. Not what 40-something skin wants at all!

Conclusion: Great actives. Terrible base.

on 6/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

For the past 8 years of my life I have been trying various sunscreen products but I was always left disappointed.. until now! I decided to purchase this despite being only 1/4 through with my neutrogena moisturizer with SPF because there was a special offer - 50% more product at the same price. I'm glad I did, because this Biore sunscreen is honestly the BEST sunscreen product out there.

It is very light on the skin and can be applied very easily, unlike some other sunscreens that are really thick. Instead of the usual gross sunscreen smell, this one has a slight fruity scent, which I am very happy about. It is very moisturizing, yet there is no stickiness at all immediately after it is applied. It leaves my face feeling smooth and ready for the next step of my skin care regime

I am fair skinned and have not experienced any white cast issues even with all the sunscreen products I used, so I cannot comment on the Biore in this aspect.

Biore also released other sunscreen products in the same range. One of them is the Biore UV BB cream, which I am keen to try out in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I can honestly say this is one of the best products I have ever purchased. It doesn't give a white cast and even has a brief but pleasant citrus smell. It's light as a feather on the skin and leaves no film, even though it seems to leave a soft layer on the skin that's barely there. Perfect for oily skin, I can't recommend this enough.

on 6/4/2014 3:19:00 AM

I can honestly join the rave about this sunscreen, and I have finally found my HG sunscreen! (I've tried all sorts of pharmacy ones from Avene, Eucerin, Bioderma, Vichy etc.)

PROS:
* not oily at all, gel-like, moisturiser feel
* NO WHITE CAST! Like none at all, miraculously so. If not for the packing that says it's a sunscreen the product itself looks and feels nothing like a standard sunscreen O.o
* skin feels fresh/moist

CONS:
* not water resistant
* Availability and the price that could be a bit lower, but it's still worth it imo. And for availability, I've found a good source. I live in Europe and so I order this sunscreen online, and I can recommend the ebay seller fujisan_jp from whom I have purchased this Biore sunscreen numerous times (and he is one of the cheapest on ebay).

All in all, 10/10, and really recommend everyone to try this! I've even convinced (didn't take much effort since it speaks for itself once applied) my mum to use this, and she only uses high-end (Lancome, Estee Lauder etc.) skincare.

Second ingredient alcohol; say hi to aged, dehydrated skin, which produces lots of acne thanks to the alcohol messing up that acid mantle.

on 4/30/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing sunscreen!! Easy to spread, absorbs fast and doesnt feel sticky or heavy. Leaves skin soft and moist!!! Love it!!!!! Would definitely repurchase!

on 4/25/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian sunscreens. I typically alternate between this and Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF 50+. It has a light feeling on my skin and is pretty moisturizing. I love the high SPF as well and the fact that it spreads more easily and is more light weight than western sunscreens. I mostly use this in the winter time since my skin is typically drier at that time. It is a pretty small bottle for the purchase price, however, I've been able to find some decent deals at Amazon and Sasa.com so I try to stock up.

on 4/13/2014 10:30:00 AM

I've been using Kanebo sunscreen for many years and like it very much. I came across this from a friend's recommendation. The texture is between lotion and cream. It's easily spread onto face without any white cast. It feels fresh and no oiliness on face in the first hour, however after 2-3 hours in, my face started to get oily. Also, I feel a bit dryness on my cheek area.

I much prefer Kanebo sunscreen which leaves my skin fresh and moist all day long.

on 4/9/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Product description: Contains unique Aqua Micro Capsules with UV block ingredient to provide superior SPF 50+/PA+++ protection while keeping skin cool and refreshed. It is enriched with Hyaluronic Acid & Citrus essence to hydrate and soften skin. Its water-based texture spreads easily and get adsorbed easily without a white cast. Suitable to be used on face and body.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Water, alcohol, ethylhexyl methoxcycinnamate, lauryl methacrylate/sodium methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, dimethicone, ethylhexyl triazone, acrylates/C10-30 acrylate crosspolymer, dextrin palmitate, glyceryl stearate, agar, PEG-400, isoceteth-20, polyvinyl alcohol, sodium hyaluronate, grapefruit extract, lemon fruit extract, orange fruit extract, xylitol, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, BHT, fragrance.

Pros:
- great cost performance (800yen/50g)
- decently high UV protection with SPF50+ PA+++
- no white cast; product is very pale yellow
- smells great (citrus-y)/no sunscreen smell
- easy to spread; does not feel oily or heavy
- absorbs fast
- leaves skin feeling cool; feels great in humid summers
- doesn't break me out

Cons
- chemical sunscreen so needs reapplying throughout the day
- not sebum or water resistant
- contains alcohol, fragrance, BHT and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin

Top Rated Biore Products