December 22, 2014 | 1742 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Circe07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 37, getting a few fine lines, but overall I have nice, clear skin. I wanted something that would be more hydrating than Estee Lauder Double Wear or Chanel Long Wear, something I could wear under powder for work but on its own for Pilates class at 6 am. This fits the bill. Yes, it's a tiny bit weird going on, but you have to rub it in, more like a skin cream and less like a makeup. The lighter coverage looks more youthful than traditional, heavy foundation. Highly recommended, but keep in mind, my skin tone is very fair ... not sure how it would match darker or more olive complexions, and it only comes in one shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

As another reviewer mentioned, this stuff feels a little weird going on. Creamy, smooth, blendable and then... not. It's not horrible but it was really weird the first couple of times I used this.
It does go on with a grey tint and it took a little while longer than I expected (about 10 minutes) but it did settle and looked like a perfect match.
This didn't break me out at all.
Unfortunately, this looked awful. It settled into my pores and even though they aren't that big, this stuff made them look HUGE. Even my DH commented and he usually knows better. It also didn't wear well on me at all. I have dehydrated combo skin ATM and this just greased up and slid off within a couple of hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by sofiloco

I love this. I'm not a huge makeup fan and my skin is pretty good so I really like uncomplicated bases like tinted moisturisers and bb creams. This is so easy to apply with your hand for even coverage. Also you can use it all year round as the shade adapts to your skincolour whether you're pastey white in winter or glowing in the summer! I got in on a deal in boots for £11 and i think its usually about £18 which i wouldnt mind paying as I dont feel 'clogged up' by this and it supposedly has skincare benefits. I wear this most days, but my skin is still in good enough condition to have no makeup days. I will defo repurchase & maybe try some of the other line too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by vnobles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can you say I am in love :D great product !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the only beauty balm i actually like! I have oily skin so i was excited to see this was water based and not super oily. I love the finish and the way it glides on BUT as usual for many BB creams i've tried yet again it doesn't do as it claims! It's a nice coverage but all of my blemishes etc can still be seen, as i always say this is like a light foundation to me, the colour was great though, it blends right in and i found it matched my skin tone pretty well. It's also not as greasy as other BB creams so its pretty okay if you have oily skin (still youd need to powder it!) i would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a great moisturising light texture bb cream but good coverage, one of the better bb cream i must say

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by sophiemayw

I first got this as a sample size in a Glossybox (UK) and I had never really heard of BB cream/beauty balm & I was interested to try it. As it was the only BB cream I had tried, I think it's fair to say I re-purchased it due to no comparison with any other BB cream. The packaging is so simple yet works so well, and I love how it's different colours for different types of the cream! The coverage isn't that good considering it can be used alone as foundation, I find that you have to use many layers of it to have good coverage, but as for my skin, it really has worked wonders. It's made it softer, smoother and works amazing with my foundation on top. Definitely glad it found me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by daylightx

I'm currently using the Dr Jart Most moist BB cream brought from Hong Kong, so I presume this one is targeted at asian skins.

When used with well hydrated and skin that only needs very light coverage, this bb cream is very good. Skin looks almost, yet because of its light consistency/semi sheer and looks and feels like you are wearing no makeup.

When i use this in London, UK, it can look a bit cakey as my skin is dryer in UK weather conditions (Hong Kong is humid!). just make sure skin is well moisturised before application.

I've also tried the international version brought from Boots stores in London,UK. coverage is medium and again, with well hydrated skin looks flawless. However, if you are looking to cover blemishes, bb creams in general won't work as well as a regular foundation.

I wear little makeup and this is really good if you dont have too troublesome skin and want a more even complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this to be quite blendable with a sponge but not with a foundation brush. It looked very natural on my fair skin, blending seamlessly without a problem at all. It hydrated well, but then again, I use other products to hydrate my skin underneath as well. As far as coverage, I wasn't expecting much and don't want much at all, just enough to give my skin an overall glow. That's what Dr. Jart's does for me. Gives me enough of a finish that I top off with some mineral powder and I'm good to go. It lasts for the day happily enough for me without settling into any fine lines, which also pleases me. Will I repurchase? I'm always looking to try something new and although I do like this product I'm not sure that I would repurchase definitely. I'd rather go with something with a higher spf, but that's my only complaint. As far as others saying the color is off/grayish-looking, I didn't have that problem. I'm extremely fair and light and the color just seemed to work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say after reading many positive reviews on this product, I was a little disappointed.

First of all the positives:
It feels light on skin
Doesn't feel like you are wearing make-up
Doesn't highlight dry patches

Negatives:
The colour gives my complexion a greyish tinge (rather than desired healthy glow)
The cream doesn't seem to blend; as I try to blend it in, it seems to move around my skin and not sink in?
It doesn't quite feel moisturising, it's so watery it doesn't seem to moisturise
After struggling to blend it in, some areas just won't blend and those areas end up looking as though there is some sort of weird grey mud on my face?

Anyway I don't really know what skin type I could recommend this too, I wasn't to fond of it unfortunately. Luckily there was an offer so I didn't have to pay the full price.