Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

on 4/10/2015 12:09:00 AM

WOW... this is one of my first purchases of Sephora makeup! And I am beyond impressed.

I've been and still am obsessed with lip stains (already bought KVD's Berlin, Outlaw, and Lolita plus Lime Crime's red velvet, wicked, and suede)... So, when I came across the raves here, I quickly tried the tester when i was in Sephora... BAM! I fell in-love with the 01 shade "Always Red." It is a nicer more vibrant red than Outlaw, kind of like MAC's Riri Woo (which I also have) but better!! Retails for 16 cdn, alas it is always out of stock in Richmond Centre. :((

However, today, I saw the last available 01 shade in the big new Robson St. Sephora and quickly grabbed it. I also bought the Mauve colour.

Score!! I found my current HG lipstick!! Highly recommended!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have always red. Great red however application is tricky around the edges for me. If I can learn how to apply liquid stains and not look like a clown this would be excellent

on 3/29/2015 7:27:00 PM

This is one of the only specialty products I've purchased multiple times. This is the BEST cream lip stain I've ever used. The only one I've consistently bought is Always Red, as I prefer a matte lip rather than a shimmery or lacquered one.

It has fantastic staying power, dries quickly, and smells amazing. It's a bit drying after several hours of wear, but I've been able to go out for dinner without needing to reapply. I think it's a fantastic product and formula for the price, and if they ever discontinue Always Red I'll throw myself off a cliff.

on 3/27/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never purchased anything from sephora before and god what I was missing all these years! I have a thing lately for matte lipsticks and so far I've been using Barry M's lip paints and been happy with those but I came across these babies during holiday sales and ended up buying 3 shades: 01-Always Red, 13-Marvelous Mauve and 14-Blackberry Sorbet.

Packaging: The packaging resembles a lipgloss, it's a classic plastic tube with a wand.

Product: The lip stain is easy to apply, it's incredibly pigmented and dries matte and almost instantly so you have to be really cautious when applying it. It has a really pleasant sweet scent not an artificial one though. It tastes the same, mayby a little strong at first but fades out quickly. It doesn't dry out the lips as bad as some other matte l/s I've tried before but after a while you feel a slightly stretchy feeling not anything extremely annoying but have your lips well moisturized before applying this.

Staying power: Well, staying power is amazing! It stays put all night, it doesn't transfer while eating, smoking or kissing ;-) but it transfers a bit on glasses if it gets too wet so I recommend using a straw with your drink or coctail.

Price: Price is ok, they cost about 12 euros each for 5 ml or 0.169 oz but if you can get them 25% off, they really worth their money!

Conclusion: I would definitely try out more shades or repurchase during sales, especially shade 13-Marvelous Mauve which is my favourite out of the three and combined with mac spice lip liner gives the perfect pout!

on 3/11/2015 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This thing is the devil. I have it in "Always Red" which is the most beautiful color, deep rich true blood red. I like the feel of this on my lips as it is pretty lightweight and nondrying.

However.

This stuff has NO staying power at all. I don't know how the rest of you are doing it but I absolutely can't eat or drink anything with this on or it smears all over the place. I got so frustrated that I stopped using it for a few months. Today I was lured back into its siren song. ..seriously, that colour...only to be disappointed yet again. I carelessly took a swig of water in class and BAM my friend was like "your lipstick smeared." :( Are you kidding me? What. Anyway, will probably have to toss this unless I want to walk around like a drunk clown...

on 3/11/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG I absolutely love this lip stain! It goes on creamy and dries within mins and stays matte all day long! I'm very picky with lip stains because most dry out your lips or make your lips look very chalky but this doesn't. They have great shades I just wish they had more. I always get compliments when I wear these lip stains. My favorite one is called marvelous mauve and it's beautiful!!!! Seriously this buy you won't regret!!! Definitely worth the $13

I'm a huge fan of cream lip stains over lipsticks because they're long-wearing and apply nicely. I decided to try Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Infinite Rose because I needed a new nude one and it's probably the best lip stain I've ever tried!

It's lightweight, easy to apply, has a bit of sheen, and lasts all day. Most lip stains I have are not moisturizing but this one has avocado oil so it softens your lips a bit. I absolutely love this particular colour and would love to try more. It's $16 CAD which is a little more than I usually spend on makeup products, but every penny is worth it.

on 2/18/2015 10:28:00 PM

People need to talk about these more! They're sooo good. I own the Anastasia Liquid Lips, the Stila Stay All Days, the Hourglass Rouge, and the Kat Von D Everlasting and the Sephora ones are the ones with the BEST formula. The color range's kinda limited (the new colors are super pretty, though) but it's the most comfortable formula for liquid lipsticks out there. I have Marvelous Mauve, Pink Souffle, and Always Red (i've gone through 3 tubes of this already). I'd repurchase forever. 13$ is way cheaper than what I pay for the Stila or Anastasia ones. They wear for a solid 6-7 hours without budging, and actually take touch-ups pretty well. They fade gracefully (unlike the Hourglass ones, which get crumbly and leave the outer rim only after 3 hours).
Possible dupes:
Marvelous Mauve = Stila's Patina
Always Red= Stila's Beso
Pink Souffle= Anastasia's Lovely

on 2/16/2015 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would definitely buy this again but in a different shade. While the bright red (01) looks amazing on most people, I feel like it's way too dramatic for me. It lasts for a long time however it tends to start fading after you eat anything!

on 2/16/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in "Marvelous Mauve" after seeing it on a social media forum. It's similar to several other long-lasting lip cream formulas, but I prefer this one.

The formula is creamy and doesn't dry my lips out. I apply over a moisturizing lip primer, and let this product set. Once it has set, I apply a gloss over. The result is very natural and excellent for daily day wear.

The shade "Marvelous Mauve" is slightly pinker (warmer?) and more natural than Stila's Patina. I will repurchase this product once I've finished it.