January 31, 2015 | 1513 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Holy amazeballs, this actually lives up to the hype! I'm NC25 and bought Classic Beige (matte brown) and Always Red (matte, true red) on a whim. Always Red is a BRIGHT, classic, retro red and looks very similar to Revlon Really Red, which is my go-to red lipstick. It's super flattering for almost any skin tone and complexion. Classic Beige is a bit harder to pull off - it's a medium, matte brown, and it looks too dark and ruddy to be a nude on me. I'd recommend it for medium to darker-skinned ladies, or I guess anyone who is going for the 90's brown-lips look. I personally think this shade ages me, so I may pass this on to a friend or a family member.

The doe-foot applicator makes application a breeze and you can apply without lip liner of any kind. (Having balm underneath is definitely a good idea.) The product feels incredibly light after it dries, like I have absolutely nothing on my lips. It took about a full minute to dry to the point where it didn't rub off on my fingers or a napkin, but once it's on, it's ON. I saw no fading after a few hours outside, even after drinks and food.

You need something oil-based to remove this stain from your lips because it really doesn't budge otherwise. I noticed that if you add a balmy, creamy lipstick on top, it tends to take the stain right off since those are full of hydrating oils, so keep that in mind if you want to layer things on top of this stain. By itself, it's pretty budge-proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Endless Purple and it is a beautiful dark plum mauve that looks amazing for everyday. It goes on smooth and dries quickly & matte but leaves my lips feeling velvety. It does not dry out my lips as long as I make sure to keep them properly hydrated with lip balm every night ( i do not wear any balm under this product).It last through eating unless its something really greasy and oily ( then it might need some touch up in the middle). I find it will last perfectly for at least 5 hours before any kind of little touch up might be needed but it could go 8-9 hours if you are careful. I looove it ...wish that it was still 12 instead of 16 dollars but I will pay that for this quality. Plan on going back and getting Always Red as well

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by SummerLC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip product....except for the shimmery look. I want a lip gloss/stain that doesn't look cheap and I think if it has shimmer it looks kind if cheap. That being said u do love this product. It is a bit drying but dries beautifully and the color is great! I would repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Veena22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely loving this product!! Such a beautiful finish, not drying at all. Would recommend to everyone who loves matte finishes. Lasts all day long, and it comes in cute travel size packaging! Only downsize is trying to repurchase or buy other colours from America to England! Shipping is really expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by talibear

Unbelievable. Going on 8 hours of wear with strawberry kissed (matte red). Touched up a bit around edges at hour 4 but overall my lips looks perfect. Don't dry out your lips and this particular color looks amazing on my pale cool skin. Not interested in a frosty look but would consider the other matte colors AND will definitely repurchase this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mrsseay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hands down favorite matte red lippie. Lasts a very long time and doesn't dry my lips at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the matte look that these creamy lip stains leave. I have classic red, and while it's hard to find the appropriate time to wear this, i'll definitely look into some other lighter shades that they provide so I can wear it more often. The one that I have lasts for hours, even after eating, and hardly transfers at all. 5/5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these! I own two of them (01 - Always Red and 04 - Endless Purple). They've changed my mind about cream lip colours, matte lip products and Sephora's overall quality for makeup. And they've smoothly killed my lemming for the Too Faced Melted lipsticks by being cheaper and better performing.
I'd been turned off liquid lipsticks after Korres (never sets, transfers everywhere), matte colour after Revlon Colorstay (cakes, hardens, cracks, flakes) and cream formulas after NYX (gummy, drying). So I wasn't very excited by these despite all the buzz. But I just couldn't get Always Red out of my head after it showed up so beautifully pigmented and evenly spread even in blog pics and badly lit photos in reviews. It looked comparable to my trusty suede-finish Mac Ruby Woo - what sorcery was this?
I got Always Red about a fortnight ago and I'm hooked! This doesn't dry lips (TIP: though a thin layer of lip balm underneath helps), doesn't make lips look like cracked earth and lets you smile and talk without discomfort. The tube and doe-foot applicator hold a very pigmented, very creamy formula that is not runny or hard to spread (TIP: Exfoliate lips first so you don't have bumps in the road). Just give it about 20 seconds after application to set (TIP: smile as it sets so the colour gets into every part of your lips' natural lines and crevices) and then the sorcery begins.
You're left with an intense very powdery but smooth looking layer of colour that simply refuses to leave its place. All transfers to coffee cups and cutlery are minor. I've had meals with rice, meat and fish and it's soldiered on. I've pecked babies and boyfriends on the cheek and they've stayed true. I've tried rinsing off with Clinique's blue make-up removing gel but the lip colour has remained even after liner and mascara have been washed off. You really need a creamy, oily remover to take this off.
On me, about NC 42, Always Red shows up like a warmer, bolder, country-bred version of Ruby Woo and that's really saying something, considering Ruby Woo is no polite red herself. Endless Purple is a little harder to define, just as intense, but a shade that looks like my own lips wanted to turn deeper and deeper pink, then suddenly took a left turn to purple-town but didn't quite make it.
I love them both. And on days I use them, I trust their longevity so much I don't even toss them into my day bag for touch-ups. I hope Sephora makes more colours - I love mattes and cream colours now. And these are hardly bankrupting me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate lip product; I LOVE this. I feel like that must mean a lot. I hate sticky, slick glosses and messy lipstick. My makeup collection is almost all eye products...ask my friends.

I have Everlasting Burgundy and it totally lights up my fair, cool-toned skin (NW15) and blue eyes. I don't like it too intense or opaque for most occasions, so I dab the tiniest drop on the center of my lower lip and then on my upper...then I use my finger to lightly rub it in. It will last forever being used this way. It's a bright, fresh-looking pop of healthy pink. It also dries down and doesn't get on my teeth, face or water bottle...and I can eat or have a drink without having to clean up my lips afterward. I kind of want to see if I can get away with making out while wearing it...maybe I'll report back. Lol.

It's a quality, no-fuss product, which is right up my alley since I prefer to be low-maintenance. If I can't put it on at 6am and forget about it all day, I'm not really too interested. This lives up to that - first lip color ever to do so. I'm still not a lip-makeup-every-day person and never will be, but now I have the option without the hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love these! They're fairly cheap, pigmented and stay on all day. I have Infinite Rose (a natural rosey pink), Always Red and Forever Fuscia. I will warn you, for some reason Always Red feathers really bad. What I do is I only put a little bit of color on and finish with a gloss. If the color fades (it won't completely vanish) just use gloss to freshen the color. If you put more of the stain on it will start to feather. The other two I use don't do that, so it must be the pigments used in the red. But I really like these!