October 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by michelle4ever

Just for context, I'm an NC55, 1y11 in Colour IQ. Bought this in Dark Berry about a year ago and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! This dark shade is so vampy and sexy! Whenever I wear it I always get compliments. I actually lost my tube for a couple months and was devastated. Needless to say, when I found it in a vacant clutch purse at the bottom of my closet I was over the moon!

Only hang up. It's quite drying and it doesn't stay on as long as it probably should. Drying time sucks. But, love the pigmentation and the smooth, creamy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own shade 02, which is described on sephora's site as a matte pinkish deep beige. I'd say that's accurate. I'm NC40/C4 at MAC, use NARS tinted moisturizer in St. Mortiz and am 4Y08 at Sephora's Color IQ. For me, this is a great everyday office lip color. Brown-beige with enough pink that I'm not washed out, neutral so that I can wear it with most blush/eye makeup combinations that I wear to work. The way I use this is to spread a tiny amount on the center of my lower and upper lips then use the doe foot applicator to apply lightly upon the outline of my lips. I use a finger to smooth it all together. I wait a minute or two and then apply a little gloss (MAC Boy Bait is a favorite, but I've also used the very pink Rimmel 3D gloss in Back Row Smooch to nice effect) or balm at the center of my lips. I enjoy how wearable it is for this type of product and almost used it on my wedding day. I ended up choosing a similar product by Makeup For Ever in a slightly pinker shade (also no. 02) but only because I wanted a pinker lip for pictures. I would say that the Sephora product is just as good as the Makeup For Ever version for half the price and I actually appreciate that Sephora's doesn't include gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lindsay13_88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm super impressed with this amazing, long-lasting lip stain! I have this in 03 Strawberry Kissed, a matte pinky red. I can drink coffee out of a white mug after this dries and there's absolutely no lip stain or transfer, and it lasts through eating as well. I can't wait to try out the other shades.. I'd definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in the color 04 'Endless Purple,' and it just does not last at all on me. I've tried it in many different ways, and any way I try it I can't make it last for more than two hours on me. It's a shame too because the formula is creamy, dries beautifully matte, and the color is divine, whether you wear it full on or just a touch of it.

I got it for the sole hope of all-day lip color, but I just wore a small bit of it to go grocery shopping for an hour and when I got back there was barely any trace of the color, only in pieces on my dried out lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in 3 shades, RED, PEACH, BURGANDY. THESE ARE THE BEST LIP STAINS EVER! I hope that they don't discontinue these anytime soon. These are seriously the best out there. The color literally lasts for hours! And for $13, you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

Great product! I have it in colour 01 (named "Real Red" or something along those lines) and I love the colour! It is a perfect, bright red that fits well on my pale skin. It lightens up my face, my eyes and seems to brighten my teeth. The colour is bold, even with such a thin layer of product. You have to apply it on relatively quick because it dries quickly. I use lip liner as well and keep a Q-tip nearby to swipe and perfect the edges. I also put a bit of lip balm before hand, then pat the excess off, and afterwards apply this. I love how you apply it - it goes on so smoothly, even more easily than an actual lip stick - you apply it like a lip gloss with the wand! At the end of the day it began to peel off a little bit but I just wiped off the excess and re-applied some on top. It really does stay on, even through drinking and eating. I am impressed and will probably go back to get it in other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by KrystalJiang

I bought this lip stain in the shade 01 Always Red and I really love it. It goes on smooth and it's so easy to apply! It is totally opaque and the matte finish is just perfect. However as it is pretty difficult to remove due to it's lasting power, I recommend you to line your lips with a red lipliner first to minimise mistakes and of course, to perfect your red lips. The only problem I have with this is it's smell. It's butterscotch-like smell is a tad bit too strong for my liking, but other than that, a full 5 lippie for it! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shades Always Red and Dark Berry. These and some of my favorite reds. One is gorgeous blue-red and the other a dark red that last and last and stay true on me for hours. The formula is great, love how matte it is. I like my mattes matte with no sheen and this is perfect. I reach for Always Red several times a week. Definitely will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dianxin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I appreciate this lipstick because it stays on and weathers even the hardest taco and hot wings attacks my gluttony throws at it.

I love it because it takes minimal effort and I don't constantly reapply. It also doesn't do that horrible peeling thing other cream stains seem to do. Your lips stay looking bold and perfect without looking like they're molting. Double love for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll be the odd man out. I have this is Strawberry Kissed, and while it lasts a bit longer than lipstick and is extremely pigmented, I find it smears like crazy. Whenever I wear it, someone tells me I have lipstick on my cheek or chin or teeth. I occasionally end up with "clown mouth" because I don't exactly have full lips. I normally use the 16-hour type lip products that are mostly from the drugstore, so I'm always excited to see a new product that comes out from a different brand that may have tackled some of the shortcomings of the traditional ones, such as the unnatural feel/look they tend to have. This has a great look to it, but it just doesn't stay put for me.