Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

3.9

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 11/12/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok.. so this shampoo was interesting experience for me.

First time I tried it, I used it with another conditioner and my hair felt so coated with moisture/grease that it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in months. Then I tried it again without conditioner, and was met with still, excessive moisture, but much, much better than before. I did try this product out in the summer though, so it may have a different reaction during the winter or fall.

Who I would recommend this to would be people with extremely dry, brittle and/or with ratty, matted, tangly hair. This would add so much moisture back into your hair.

I've never had any problems with dry hair, I guess my natural hair oils like to flow, so this product wasn't for me. I gave it 3 stars because of the smell and price.

on 9/16/2014 4:12:00 PM

LOOOVE this product. I love that it is organic. My skin has a bad reaction with parabens so when I find an organic shampoo I get so happy! I have fairly relaxed caucasian hard with slight wave to it. I dye my hair a fairly dramatic red color and in a little over a month it hasn't faded more then it usually does. its usually hard for me to find an organic shampoo that doesn't strip my color like crazy! AND THE SMELL. UGH. gurl. GET.IT. for those complaining that it doesn't later: its very similar to a cleansing conditioner. Not alot of lather but the lather you do get is VERY luxurious and rich feeling. this shampoo and the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo will definitely be my favorites for awhile :) I recommend them both. LOVE.

on 8/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this after reading about the brand and products. I have curly, relaxed Caucasian hair. Since I also color my hair, I am very careful what I use. I never use drugstore shampoo, but since this is sulfate free and I'd read such glowing reviews, I decided to try it. Unfortunately, I didn't like anything about it.

It did not lather at all and felt like trying to wash with a conditioner. It left a thick coating on my hair that I couldn't rinse out, although I really tried. Once my hair dried, it was crunchy, like I had used too much product in it.

I figured I should give it another try, but the second attempt was the same as the first. It just isn't for me. I didn't care for the scent either.

I really wanted to like this, but I just didn't.

on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo worked great the first few times, made my hair smooth and soft. Now my hair feels a bit dry after use, but it is still better than many of the other shampoos I have tried.

on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Background on my hair: 3b curls, damaged from over processing, crawling with split ends, and had horrible breakage and fall out. I needed to get my hair as healthy and grow it out as possible before I cut it so I can have more hair to work with when I cut it to get my desired cut. This product over the period of time of using the entire bottle DID bring my hair back to life. It put back some much needed moisture. I used this as well as the restorative conditioner but the conditioner was not moisturizing enough. I'm currently using the Curl & Shine and tbh I like it much much more

on 7/29/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this product. I have relaxed African American hair and this provides a ton of moisture and softens my dry hair. My only complaint is that I noticed it turned my grey strands yellow. The grey hair sections are completely yellow and no longer shines silver. Just beware. Other than that an excellent product.

on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. It has a surprisingly huge lather but it doesn't strip your hair or your scalp. Really good for my 3b/3c curly hair. I can't really identify the smell... Maybe it's the shea butter and sea kelp. Also I think it overly moisturized my scalp. After three days of washing my hair I just develop dandruff, the greasy kind. But I am willing to ignore all of that because it leaves my hair soo soft!!

*UPDATE: I finally used it ALL up ( after 1 year of trying to get the very last bit of shampoo near the cap). Compared to other sulfate free shampoos I find that this is EXTREMELY gentle on my hair, which I adore, but it leaves my scalp #squeakyclean. You remember when I said it was over-moisturizing my scalp and giving me dandruff? Well, all of that happened because I rubbed my contitioner to my scalp every time I washed my hair, so DUH *slaped myself*

on 7/26/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING! This shampoo is perfect and it moisturizes your hair so well and it has no sulfates! I've been using this shampoo for over a year and I have nothing but good things to say! I use it every weekend and it makes my hair so soft! I am obsessed with this shampoo!

on 7/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's the first shampoo that I've used that hasn't left my hair feeling brittle and extremely dry after shampooing. My hair is left soft and moisturized after each use. I also feel that this shampoo does a great job washing away all the dirt and oil and I love that it has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates. And for those who are concerned, this product has an earthy, musty smell.

I won't be repurchasing this product because it has sea kelp, which seals the cuticles, and is counterproductive to my low porosity hair.

on 7/20/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG I love this shampoo and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn on me, my fav Aveeno shampoo was discontinued and it has been a nightmare to find a replacement, I have dry scalp, dry wavy hair, live in a very dry climate, have hard water and on top of that psoriasis!!! I've tried everything from low to high end even prescription and other organic shampoos, Walgreens had a sale and I said why not, I'm so happy I tried this, to me $10 for this gem is a fantastic price, it's priceless to have super soft hair that doesn't need conditioner after and scalp that doesn't burn or itch at night, the only con is that I felt that I needed to wash sooner that I am used to but maybe it's because it's summer and temps are at around 100 degrees.
EDIT: May 2015, I had the same bottle for ten months, I wash my hair as less as I can and now with bleached hair this shampoo has been amazing, same results as always, transformed and soft hair. The only difference I feel is that they made the fragrance les potent because before three days later I could still smell the shampoo, so I am sad about that, other than that the ingredients remained the same, in the same order too, also noticed that now it lathers a little.
EDIT JULY 2015, had to stop using this shampoo because my hair was falling out in rolls, three times that I washed my hair with this and now all my full hair is gone, my pony tail looks like a rat tail, it thinned out my hair, apparently if your scalps sweat a lot from working out this shampoo won't clean out the sebum and clog your follicles causing your hair to fall.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products