July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by GinaTheresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow, this stuff is great. I have very fine white-girl hair, curly on a good day, frizzy if left alone, and very dry. Previously I always had to use so much product to combat the frizz, it would leave my hair limp and flat. This shampoo, along with the conditioner, makes my hair thick, healthy, and strong. It completely changed the way I see my hair. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rngirl2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Went out and bought another one today! I love this stuff! When I'm wearing my hair in a ponytail (such as when I work at the hospital) I use only this to wash my hair. Even when I use just this with no conditioner or styling products, my hair is still super soft! It cleans my scalp well without stripping!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by opalinesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, but turned out not to work for me :( While very mild, non-stripping, and amazing smelling, the shea butter in it unfortunately built up on my low-porosity hair and made it absolutely impossible for me to get any actual moisture into it. If you know your hair likes shea, GO FOR THIS STUFF. If not, I'd avoid it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw a difference in my hair the first time used it. Left my hair very soft and manageable. It is not lathering at all what so ever. Bought it because my hair is thinning but me trying to build lather actually made more of my hair fall out so I definitely returned it. Better for girls who have thick strong hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The length of my curly hair is very dry but the roots can be oily. I had hoped this would gently cleanse to remove the grease, but it didn't clean my hair at all, it just made it greasier. It left terrible residue as well, and caused my scalp to itch. I liked the smell but it was not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Catsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!!!

I have shoulder length, tight Botticelli ringlets about the diamtere of a sharpie marker-naturallly curly and coloured. My mother-in-law gave me a bottle of this and the conditioner for my birthday this year and I ADORE it! She's a curly girl as well and VERY into organic/natural products and introduced me to new fancy/pricey hair products every birthday as a tradition. After one use I was hooked! Its amazing! I love how little I need to cleanse my scalp and the lack of lather is awesome! No sulphates for this girl!! It has a pleasant smell and leaves my hair soft and clean but not squeeky clean which is best for my curls! It's a bit pricey but well worth every cent! I would HIGHLY reccomend this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So hilarious this is like that children's story of having tried the Thickening and Curl Shampoos in the line and finally this Shea version is "just right" lol. Love this line madly for hair, body washes, and shave products as anyone can tell by my reviews so no more rambling on that note. Shampoo wise have liked the first two I tried as smell amazing, good ingredients and non stripping but didn't fit the bill. The Thickening version which on paper seemed ideal for my fine wavy hair but left my length a tad dry and over tangled in shower I am guessing from the slight protein it has which my hair hates. The Curl Shampoo smells even more amazing and even though works for many hair types like mine oddly didn't lather that well for me and just felt very heavy on my hair when washing. Tried this Shea version ofcourse as my last hope of shampoos in the line and bingo! Perfect balance of smoothing, strengthening, creamy lather, and detangling. Smells the most plain of anything I have ran across in the line so far but no problems there. Great shampoo for moisture and not weighing down hair. One of the many stars of the Shea Moisture line. Don't hesitate to try any of these products! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by gill2292

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally dry loose curls that are very damaged. Before using this shampoo, things had been looking up for my hair; however, within 2 weeks of regular use, this had my hair so dried out that it was forming huge tangles just going about my day! The driest part of my hair is now significantly shorter than the rest because my ends just BROKE OFF. Like 4 inches!!
The first few times I used it, my hair looked great. I don't know what happened! It's not the worst shampoo I've ever used, but it's in the top 3. Only gets 2 stars because it's natural and lathers very well for a product without artificial lather-enhancing, cancer-causing chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Squeezeweasel

I am half-Chinese, half-Caucasian, and my hair is strong, it's long (small of back), it's not very porous, and it's coloured because of grey. It's thick and has a slight wave, but is easy enough to blow-dry straight. (It needs heat when it dries or it goes puffy.)

This is not the first non-sulfate shampoo I've tried, but it's the one I keep coming back to. It's got a lovely, perfumey smell which is very subtle but does stick around; my husband comments on how much he likes it. It leaves my hair soft, very shiny, and doesn't leave it feeling stripped; it's also been good for not removing my colour. I use a more clarifying shampoo about once a week, because I do feel it leaves some buildup, but it's manageable. With a good conditioner and a bit of coconut oil combed through when damp, this leaves my hair very easy to dry straight, with absolutely zero frizz and a great shine.

I like this stuff enough that I find myself stocking up on several bottles whenever I visit the United States (I live in the UK, where it's hard to find). Can't say fairer than that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by miodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! To start with I have been using it exclusively for two years and have fine, slightly wavy hair and a pixie cut. I bought it after coloring my hair for the first time, because after going through a bottle of regular shampoo "for colored hair" that washed my color out, I wanted something natural that wouldn't strip my color (not to mention if the suds I was putting in my hair was taking out a permanent color, what else was/could it do to me?).

PROS:
- It doesn't lather very much, which is good because what makes lather is bad for you and strips your hair.
- Does not strip my color.
- Has lots of natural oils to keep my hair soft.
- I only need a little as I have fine hair in a pixie cut, so for the price this lasts a while.
- I have not noticed any buildup despite using only this for two years.

CONS:
- Sometimes this shampoo can be drying, for some odd reason. So I will just Aussie 3 Minute Miracle after washing and I am fine.
- The smell is sweet, kind of like baked goods...which I can't say I am a fan off, but I have gotten used to it. But it never bothered me or felt as strong as some of the other reviewers noticed.

Would I buy this again? Yes! It has been my HG for two years and I see no reason to change.