Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.4

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

on 4/24/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far I really enjoy this shampoo + matching conditioner. I have fine hair that's fragile and prone to breakage, even though it's non treated and I take pretty good care of it. So I use Extreme to gain some much needed strength. This shampoo makes my hair really soft but not overly flat, shiny and healthy looking. I didn't expect any moisture from this as it a protein shampoo, but it NEVER leaves my hair the slightest bit dry or crunchy. I try only to use it once a week to avoid protein overload, but I wanna use it every time I shower because I like it so much! The smell is amazing too, and it's very good value for the money, I think. The bottle will last me ages. I will update my review since it's only been two weeks now and it's really too early to tell, but for now I'm very satisfied.

on 4/11/2013 6:57:00 PM

I really like this shampoo, but I wouldn't use it too often. After I wash my hair, I notice my hair feels stronger, but I definitely need a conditioner with it. I use the health factor from TIGI's S-factor, because I've recently got a lot of hair products as a present, and the matching Redken conditioner wasn't included. I don't know if the conditioner would be an improvement, because I already use a very nourishing conditioner. Maybe I'll try it out in the future. So anyway back to the shampoo. It has a very pleasant smell, kinda vanilla, but not too overwhelming, it's subtle and it doesn't linger in your hair. I will keep using it to help my hair gain strength, because that's what it's for, it's not a shampoo for everyday use, or even weekly use. If your hair needs a boost try it, but don't use it too much. It's also great for your haircolour. I have highlighted hair, and this really helps against fading. My mom uses the one for coloured hair, and she really likes it. She doesn't even use conditioner and her hair looks great. So yes I'm impressed with this shampoo, and after using a lot of Kérastase, I've just realized that none of the Kérastase shampoos were that amazing, most of them were just too heavy for my hair. So I'm glad I finally tried out Redken and Tigi.

on 3/4/2013 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this stuff when the formula was recently changed. Since everybody raved about how this was the shizz for fine overprocessed hair, I got it on a whim, nevermind that this crap in my country costs the same as a kerastase shampoo. Talk about expensive. Anywho, it smells really nice, but did nothing for my hair except leaving it all frazzled and DRY with some silicon-ey shine (has dimethicone), weird right?. Nothing to write home about, tresemme repair rituals with soy protein (no cones) or tigi's dumb blonde shampoo are way better and gentler on my platinum bleached hair.

on 1/18/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Due to endocrine imbalances, my hair is dry, brittle, and frizzy. Let me tell you, it's really attractive when all the short broken hairs frizz out! I have been suckered into so many expensive hair products and was expecting another disappointment, but this is the first hair product that did not disappoint me! I used to shed a fistfull of hair in the shower, now I only shed about 1/3 of that. Breakage and frizz are markedly decreased. My hair feels fuller, thicker, and stronger. It still feels and looks dry, however, so I use moisturizing masks. Doesn't really have a smell to me, which is actually kinda nice. Price is reasonable; Ulta regularly has the liter bottles on sale for $15 each, with free pumps. This is my HG shampoo and conditioner, thank you Redken!

on 12/28/2012 2:08:00 PM

Love this product, i've been bleaching my hair for about a year now. My hair was so damaged and dry, it was snapping off and became very thin. This product, along with the condtioner has saved my hair. Noticable results after one use. AMAZING!

on 12/9/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice protein shampoo. It washes hair well and smells great!

on 12/9/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is great at removing build up of product, smells nice and lathers well. will definitely buy again, but when I'm in the states next time as it's quite expensive to buy here in NZ.

on 10/25/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This shampoo cleaned well. Other than that, I saw nothing particularly "extreme" or special about this product. Very average for the price.

on 9/9/2012 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok wee bit of back ground! my hair is dyed blonde and i had a very very bad hair disaster when a hairdresser bleached my hair and caused it to burn my scalp and my hair broke off my at the back! nightmare I got a new hair dresser who recommended matrix strong which i was using then i read the reviews on this and though mmm ill give it a shot. OMG this changed my hair its very strong formula and it worked miracles on my hair! I really noticed a difference from the 1st shampoo and condition! I would really recommend this if you hair is damaged but stop using it once it repairs as i kept using it and it would leave my hair greasy after a day which was no use at all!

it smells really nice and clean love love this

on 8/11/2012 8:11:00 PM

AMAZING!! My hair has been processed 3 times within 1 week because I went blonde and the first two times was a mess!! Well, not of course my hair is SUPER damaged and when I would brush my hair it would snap sometimes and a lot would fall out....THIS SHAMPOO HELPED WITH THAT SO MUCH!! SERIOUSLY!! IF you have damaged hair like mine, YOU NEED this shampoo! After ONE use I am so impressed! JUST ONE USE! WOW! I noticed it felt so soft on my hair in the shower and it like untangled my hair while I was putting it on! The conditioner was like absorbed into my hair almost as if my hair needed the nutrients in it ! Also, after the shower my hair was SUPER easy to brush and my blonde highlights actually look more shiny!! LOVE IT and will definitely keep buying!

Popular Shampoos