November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by fiouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this stuff when the formula was recently changed. Since everybody raved about how this was the shizz for fine overprocessed hair, I got it on a whim, nevermind that this crap in my country costs the same as a kerastase shampoo. Talk about expensive. Anywho, it smells really nice, but did nothing for my hair except leaving it all frazzled and DRY with some silicon-ey shine (has dimethicone), weird right?. Nothing to write home about, tresemme repair rituals with soy protein (no cones) or tigi's dumb blonde shampoo are way better and gentler on my platinum bleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Due to endocrine imbalances, my hair is dry, brittle, and frizzy. Let me tell you, it's really attractive when all the short broken hairs frizz out! I have been suckered into so many expensive hair products and was expecting another disappointment, but this is the first hair product that did not disappoint me! I used to shed a fistfull of hair in the shower, now I only shed about 1/3 of that. Breakage and frizz are markedly decreased. My hair feels fuller, thicker, and stronger. It still feels and looks dry, however, so I use moisturizing masks. Doesn't really have a smell to me, which is actually kinda nice. Price is reasonable; Ulta regularly has the liter bottles on sale for $15 each, with free pumps. This is my HG shampoo and conditioner, thank you Redken!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by violetdoyle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product, i've been bleaching my hair for about a year now. My hair was so damaged and dry, it was snapping off and became very thin. This product, along with the condtioner has saved my hair. Noticable results after one use. AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Nice protein shampoo. It washes hair well and smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Alinster

This shampoo is great at removing build up of product, smells nice and lathers well. will definitely buy again, but when I'm in the states next time as it's quite expensive to buy here in NZ.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo cleaned well. Other than that, I saw nothing particularly "extreme" or special about this product. Very average for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by laurajaylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok wee bit of back ground! my hair is dyed blonde and i had a very very bad hair disaster when a hairdresser bleached my hair and caused it to burn my scalp and my hair broke off my at the back! nightmare I got a new hair dresser who recommended matrix strong which i was using then i read the reviews on this and though mmm ill give it a shot. OMG this changed my hair its very strong formula and it worked miracles on my hair! I really noticed a difference from the 1st shampoo and condition! I would really recommend this if you hair is damaged but stop using it once it repairs as i kept using it and it would leave my hair greasy after a day which was no use at all!

it smells really nice and clean love love this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!! My hair has been processed 3 times within 1 week because I went blonde and the first two times was a mess!! Well, not of course my hair is SUPER damaged and when I would brush my hair it would snap sometimes and a lot would fall out....THIS SHAMPOO HELPED WITH THAT SO MUCH!! SERIOUSLY!! IF you have damaged hair like mine, YOU NEED this shampoo! After ONE use I am so impressed! JUST ONE USE! WOW! I noticed it felt so soft on my hair in the shower and it like untangled my hair while I was putting it on! The conditioner was like absorbed into my hair almost as if my hair needed the nutrients in it ! Also, after the shower my hair was SUPER easy to brush and my blonde highlights actually look more shiny!! LOVE IT and will definitely keep buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is fine textured, highlighted & shoulder length. It's in reasonable condition on the whole but with the highlights it does benefit from fortifying treatments. On my hair and in combination with the Extreme conditioner it makes a visible difference to the texture and strength of my hair. It is shinier and there are fewer lost hairs in the shower.

I agree with those who say use this system every 3rd wash and use a moisturising shampoo in-between as it does need it.

As a shampoo it cleanses my hair well and doesn't seem to leave any obvious residue (my highlights are still bright and not brassy).

My only quibbles are the plastic quality of the bottles on the 300ml. The plastic is so thin and flimsy feeling, yes you want something easy to squeeze but this is ridiculous. It gives way if you're not extremely careful when picking it up. I bought the pair from an authorised salon so they are genuine (always the first thought when packaging on an expensive product isn't quite up to par); and the high levels of protein seem to give me a small scalp reaction each time I use. Though the reaction is not bad enough to discourage me from using, I might try a different brand next time to see if it makes I difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The whole Extreme line from Redken is great, especially if you have damaged hair from overprocessing/heat styling. I used to get my hair highlighted every month and it really damaged my hair -- not to mention all the blowdrying and flat ironing pretty much made it snap right off. This line restores protein in your hair. It smells kind of like bananas to me. I have switched to Wen, but this is still a great shampoo if you need protein.