November 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bebella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is complicated... it's sensitive, dehydrated and acne-prone. It gets oily in the summer. I've used cleansers for acne-prone skin in the past, even special ones for sensitive skin (like Avène Cleanance Gel), but they started to dry me out lately, so I thought I'd look for a cleanser for normal to dry skin. Most of them are cream cleansers that don't foam and leave an oily residue, or Cetaphil, which is too gentle when there's make up to remove. What I wanted was a creamy mousse cleanser.
This one by Clarins has an amazing texture! It's exactly what I needed. It comes out as a cream, melts into my hands and makes a smooth, creamy foam. When I rinse it out, my skin is clean, soft, comfortable with a luxurious scent! It's a bit pricey for only 125 ml, but I loved it so much I already repurchased another tube at the airport :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely packaging, and lovely smell. I adore that it doesn't foam completely and leaves my skin super soft and hydrated. However I noticed on the few occasions that I used it, that a few minutes after washing my face, it would itch for a few minutes. No noticable redness or rashes, just itchiness. Won't buy it again. Very dissapointed because I love the Clarins sensitive skin range :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Nicsx

BEST CLEANSER FOR WINTER EVER

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Grantelicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful luxurious creamy cleanser, this has not broken me out or dried out my skin. Clarins products work so well for me, I stopped using their products years ago to try other brand but after little success I am back to Clarins and sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had been using this for several years, and have just come back to it after having tried a few drugstore cleansers. None of them were half as good as this, so I've given in and paid the high price for another tube (about £17, compared to around £3 for drugstore brands). My skin is very sensitive to products, and is quite oily whilst also dry, and this is the only cleanser I've found so far that doesn't cause me problems. I like a rinse-off cleanser, and this is one of the only ones I've found that doesn't strip your skin or leave it too tight and dry (it does a little, but I think that's the same with any rinse-off cleansers). The scent really isn't noticeable at all, and you only need a pea-sized amount, so it lasts for ages. It's more gentle than a lot of wash-type cleansers. It doesn't foam, in spite of the name, which doesn't bother me, personally. I would highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, be it dry or combination.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this twice. And both times I had the same problem, even thought it was recommended for DRY skin, it dried my skin out instantly! I think this foaming thing doesn`t suit my skin. I switched to the Alpine Herb cleanser and it make my face so soft and comfortable and evened out. :-) I love Clarins but this didn`t work, but luckily the other cleanser works better than anything else...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by dixielee323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and fell in love with it. The only way I can describe the smell is "pretty" and "soft." Just like the texture of the cleanser is "soft." It is not an overpowering scent at all and unfortunately I can't be more descriptive b/c I used it all. The cleanser foams only slightly and does a great job at removing my foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow. It does not leave my oily skin overly dry or greasy and I actually think it helps my skin. It is expensive and I don't like that but it works so well and smells so good it's my one splurge. You can shop around for sales. Also, a little goes a long way (dime size for whole face). I love this enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kristy1077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love clarins cleansers. I use this one when my skin is going through a dry phase. It leaves my dry skin so silky smooth, it's just fantastic. I actually like the fragrance of this cleanser and dont find that it has a butter smell at all. Everyone is different but if you are having problems with dry skin I would give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this for a few days, but I like it so far. It has a slight fragrance, but isn't overpowering. It foams up, but not a huge amount. It feels creamy going on, rinses off well, and leaves my face feeling clean without any tightness. It doesn't taste of anything that I've noticed, and it doesn't sting my eyes. I use a Clarisonic Mia, finish off with Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion (the alcohol-free one), and my face is left clean and exfoliated without any dry feeling.

The only downsides are the high price and the tube packaging. When I'm rinsing my face with one hand, and holding the Clarisonic with the other, it's a nuisance to need a third hand to undo the top of a tube. It's a flip-top lid, so it isn't fiddly, but a pump would be better still.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by talidinah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this cleanser after I read all of the positive reviews about it. My skin is not overly dry, just around the nose and on the cheeks. I was searching for a cleanser to use in the shower in the morning, so this is the only way I used it and this is what my rating is based on.
First, I was looking forward to the consistency and the smell. I know Clarins and I like how their products smell. It is a nice light cream that foams up in your hand really nicely. But then! Yes, now I know what's meant by "shea butter" - the overpowering buttery smell made me fell rather nauseous, imagine this to be the first thing you smell in the morning! Anyway, I didn't want this to marr my impression of the product and I went on massaging it into my face. A lovely light foam, a good feeling, I had high hopes. But alas- as I came out of the shower my face was feeling tight, dry, just not as nice and plump as I had hoped it to be. My Decleor Neroli Oil made me feel much better, but overall I am really disappointed by this product and I'll keep on searching for my perfect smooth cleanser to use in the shower.