July 25, 2014 | 1980 users online

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

Awesome HG fool proof bronzer. Would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If what you want is sunkissed-looking, Victoria's Secret model-looking, subtley bronzed and dewey skin...you will be as obsessed with this as I am.

Of course, I had a little sticker shock when the cashier rang me up for this back in March, but that didn't matter once I was successful in applying it. On that note, it DID take me a few tries to get it perfect. I don't use this as a primer, I use it as a bronzer on the top of my cheekbones. I mostly had trouble finding a brush that worked well with it. I started off using a stippling brush, which didn't pick up nearly enough product and didn't blend so well. Next, I tried a synthetic flat top brush which seemed to over-blend. The next brush I tried was the ELF synthetic blush brush, and it works PERFECTLY with it.

Once I mastered application, I was able to admire how long this bronzer lasts on my skin and the copperly glow it gives. I also love that, with daily usage since March, I've only made the slightest dent in the 1oz jar.

My one complaint? Every little piece of hair and lint that has ever existed somehow ends up on the surface of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by amyk0704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! This bronzer is amazing!
I had seen a lot of YouTube gurus use this in their tutorials, and finally decided to spend the cash. It is a little pricey, but I do believe you get what you pay for. I'm fairly light skinned (NW25) and I can still use this product without looking too muddy or orange. I apply after foundation and use a Sigma F80 brush, give it a couple of swirls and that's enough for my cheeks and contour around my hairline. It's consistency is like a hard mousse/cream, so I don't think you get too much product come off on your brush either, which prevents the tango look. It also seems to last a lot longer than my powder bronzer, so is great for work or days out.
The packaging is gorgeous, and adds a touch of glamour to your make-up bag.
I really do love this bronzer, and think even though it's a little pricey, it's definitely a product worth it's price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works great before the summer, on pale skin! After a couple of days on the beach, you can't see it on the face, it just doesn't add color/tan to the already tanned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

Loveeee it gives the best bronze dewyyy look ever perfect for summer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MacMia12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Gabyrrsm

Excellet product!!!! Since there are not a lot of cream bronzer is difficult to compare but it is actually incomparable !!! Natural, and beautiful color! Just a fav of mine!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference, I'm a natural MAC NC30, Bobbi Brown #4 and Chanel Perfection Lumiere B30. This cream gives me an added glow without the orange or glitter that most bronzers have, and it doesn't exaggerate wrinkles and dry skin like powders do. I watched Lisa Eldridge's tutorial and thought her application took too long and wasted product. To economize, I applied it over foundation and moisturizer, in the center where the sun hits, with #134 Japonesque angled foundation brush. I set it with Bobbi Brown sunny beige loose powder. Then blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, lipstick...and I'm good to go! Less muss and fuss to clean up. It took only 5 minutes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This was my first chic piece of makeup I bought for the full price (yay for Ebay when it comes to most of it!). I love bronzers and I became obsessed with getting this bronzer after reading a lot about it. I had extra money to spend, so I ran and bought this.
What I love the most about this product is actually one element that a lot of people seem to dislike. I actually enjoy how dense this base is. Ultimately this product feels creamy when touched with fingers, but it is very thick and dense. The reason I love this consistency is because it is EXTREMELY buildable. My skin tone all year around is about NC 20 (light complection with yellow undertone) and unless I self-tan, any bronzer looks quite unnatural on me. What this base does it creates a very subtle sun-skissed glow (no shimmer!) and you can tell that even with just a little color my face looks tanner (NOT organge or dirty, but sun-kissed).
The way I apply it is I use Real Technique flat top blending brush (I suppose any flat top kabuki brush will work just as well). By gently touching the surface of the bronzer and GENTLY swirling the brush in it I build up the coverage (the brush moves in circular motion by gently touching the surface of the product). I begin by using as little of the product as possible all over my face (it's not a foundation, so try not use it as such) and then go back with more color and countour.

If you have a medium to darker complexion you, of course, will have to use more color and perhaps this will not appear as super dark (if you want a very tan look). In my opinion this product works best for people with fair-light-medium skin tones.

Would I purchase this product again? Probably not. Although, I feel like one jar will last for years, since I've had it for a few months and it still looks almost brand new (I use it everyday). If you are interested in this sort of bronzing base and don't want to spend the money check out Sonia Kashuk's bronzing base for fraction of the cost.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by monicaroon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing. I love it!
Everyone pretty much already said as to how this product is so great but I'll continue anyways:
- Me being fair skinned, it just gives this great natural 'sun-kissed glow'
- Blends very well into the skin, and simply looks like it's your actual skin.
- There is a scent, but it's not a bad scent and you can actually smell it for a while when it's on your skin. I personally like the scent.
- Many have said it has an orange hue, which yes, I agree. But it's not as orange as some people think, so don't be too intimidated by the colour.
- Make sure you blend it well, I use a really small dense brush (mineral matte brush from Bourjois) And even though many say the best is MAC 109 or some sort of synthetic duo fibre brush, or kabuki, I just like this tiny brush because I can actually see where I'm putting the product. But of course it's whatever works best for you.(:
- And if the product seems to look too harsh, putting powder over it tones it down and looks even better and more natural
- There is the price issue, but it'll last you a long time and you get so much product so it's definitely worth it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No