December 19, 2014 | 1142 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

I was never really a fan of BB creams only b/c I felt I always needed heavy coverage. However, Sephora had a promotion & I got a small pack of 5 different BB creams. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It provided okay coverage. Definitely evened my skin tone but did not cover dark blemishes. A bit of concealer did the trick though. ;) I did not set my face w/ powder afterwards. I only wore it for about 5 hrs & I didn't need the slightest bit of touching up. It looked wonderful & make my skin appeared super smooth. It minimized the appearance of my pores fairly well. I probably wouldn't go out in the bright sun w/ this simply b/c I want a little more coverage but when I'm in indoors this will definitely be my go-to. So simple. Saves me the hassle of moisturizing, priming, applying foundation, & then a powder & then a setting spray (although you can). Love it! Might even repurchase a full size when I run out of BB creams!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I have a hard time trusting one-color-fits-all BB products, because first of all, that's impossible for a BB cream to do unless it's completely colorless. Second, the color usually adds a cast to my face, be it white, grey, orange, peach...this one tends to lighten my skin tone and make me look paler than I am. But it does smooth imperfections and even things out, so it makes a great base under my foundation. No breakouts either. For a one-color-fits-all BB, this one is pretty good. Darker skin tones may not be able to work with it though.

I love that it has a high SPF instead of the SPF 15 (or less!) that a lot of products trot out...though that high SPF may be why the cream throws a pale cast on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by DamnPrecious

Turns orange and melts off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, texture but color can be a bit ashy if you have a certain type of skin tone. I don't really get a dewey finish from this but my skin tends to be dryish. I like this BB, overall, it's one of the pretty good ones!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Medhusannika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of a BB because I hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my skin and would rather wear no makeup than a mask everyday. I switched to this after my Dior Hydralife ran it's course. The Dior was just too orangey for me and I tend to have oily skin so it made me an oily mess during the day although the coverage and packaging was fabulous. The price was also almost $60 which was laughable although it lasted me a good 8 mos with some left and almost daily usage. I care more about skin care benefits than having a 100% flawless mask face. There were two options and because of the skin care the lady at Sephora suggested I try this brand.

The color matches almost perfectly my light sandy colored skin. I would say if you are medium+ and warm undertones, this will not work for you because it's very light and has a cooler base. I am impressed that it doesn't make me incredibly oily after 10 hrs of work although it's not matte by any means. Just a heads up the first time I used it it hardly did anything because it was so light and watery and I thought uhhhh no way my Neutrogena HSE is better than this for 1/3 the price. I had to shake it up and then it was closer to a consistency of a foundation although much more lighter going on.

I'll update if I have any skin improvements or reactions, but I'd consider this sheer-light+ coverage. It will help to even skin tone or blur imperfections, but will not cover them. I have light freckles and it does not really cover them like a foundation does. Love the SPF and the pump is nice although unlike the Hydralife it's in a hard "tube" that you can't get the last drop out very easily. MUCH more affordable than the Hydralife although not drugstore prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cstobbs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It is a little light in color, so I mix it with Boscia's BB and the color is perfect. I use this as my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This BB has nice coverage. The color seems to darken as you wear it. So beware buffing a touch of bronzer on! My biggest complaint with this product is Blackheads. I see nothing that states it's non- cominagentic (which I've likely spelled wrong).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Tinga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is lovely, pump hygienic and puts out a small (adequate) volume with each pump. Need only a little of this product to cover my face.
Quite sheer coverage, need extra layer over imperfections and dark circles. "Dewy" finish. I set this BB cream with Laura Mercier translucent powder and finish with a little blush. Overall good staying power,no need for touch up during the work day.

Initially the BB cream goes on a pinky pale ashy color however oxidizes to my skin color nicely.
Fragrance free

Pricey in terms of BB cream though- purchased from Sephora.

I would however repurchase - overall I quite enjoy this product