November 29, 2014 | 1462 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very oily eyelids, so despite the fact that I prime them before applying my eyeshadow, mid-day, my lids looks gross with the creasing that forms. I love this primer because it keeps the creasing at bay; I still experience the oil peaking through to form some creases, but it's nothing compared to what I would get pre-NYX. It also really makes my eyeshadows pigmented. For the price, you can't beat it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I gave this to my stepmonster, who had never tried primer before. She loves it, but I wasn't impressed. Fergie worked much better for me at half the price, better packaging, and is also more readily available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Whoot!!! What a gem this is! Now, before I go on, be advised I did not purchase to use as an eye shadow primer - nope - I recall reading somewhere that someone was using to help his/her under eye concealer adhere better to his/her skin. I am having a bloody battle trying to find a corrector to cancel out my dark circles which have become more pronounced recently so that concealer alone is no longer good enough. This stuff works brilliantly for significantly decreasing the slipperiness of all the correctors I'm currently test driving - now product stays put! I've used quite happily for over a week now and no matter which corrector/concealer/brightner combo I end up w/, this will be the base. Even my go to face primer (yes I've started using a primer despite what my np says) couldn't keep the under eye stuff from slipping.

A couple of days ago, I decided to try on my oily eyelids since I've decided to branch out into experimenting w/ eye shadows. So, I put this on and dab in w/ my ring finger and let sit whilest I do same to my under eyes. Then, I move onto another activity (such as flossing my teeth) to let set for a minute or 2. I apply my undereye stuff and once its time to move to eye shadow, I do notice a bit of creasing on my lid which I blend in and then apply shadow.

Definitely helps the staying power of my e/s. I will get like 6 hours or so, 8 or 9 if I spray entire face w/ UD All Nighter.

I have never tried any other similar product so I can't compare, but for the price point and how well its working under my eyes = will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by aber19

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing stuff :)

I am 47 years old with brown hyper pigmentation on top of my eye area. Also I used lemon juice to bleach my eye area, and I had a red reaction and the skin was left dry. After the eye moisturer, it settled down. It made my whole eye area look brighter and bleached my hyper pigmentation. Perhaps I should have dilluted the lemon juice with water. Still the eyes have come up well. To conceal my red eye area, I used this little gem. I could not see any redness at all.

Usually, I have purple blue, red circles and large bags under the inner eyes area. I thought to use it has a base which is fantastic. It can be worn on its own. It adds freshness to the eye and used a foundation, then the eye shadow. I used a very little on the required area and left for about 2 mins. I tried it under the eye area. It worked very well as a primer and a concealer. I was amazed. This is my go to item, which is cheap and works very well. My eye shadow is vibrant and has not moved all day. This is my favourite NYX. This product is well worth a try. I got this for less than $10.00. The packaging is quick and convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally haven't written a review on this site in years, but this product is definitely worth my review. UDPP was my HG for years, but it seemed to get really hard in the squeeze tube and it just made my lids look wrinkled eventually. Idk if the formulation changed after the wand version or what, but it didn't work the same for me.. And the squeeze tube would burst at the seams and I'd waste product. Anyways, I tried this way over a year ago without much expectation, and it took a while for me to understand how to use this extra creamy formula. I do wish that it came in a squeeze tube despite my previous complaint. I feel like I could get all of the product out that way. I've worn this pretty much every day for over a year, and my tube is just now starting to get low. It's still the same consistency and isn't dried up or causing any problems. Impressive. It's pretty cheap too and only about $7! And sometimes Ulta has those BOGO sales and you can combine your coupons too. Talk about a deal.

Anyways, the formula itself is crease-free, and remains a bit tacky and sticky. This is beneficial to me bc it helps the shadow pop and adhere very well without me having to add another base on top, unless I'm doing some serious neon colors, then I use my Nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk for that. I know some people have mentioned that it creases at first. It Kates a tiny crease line BEFORE applying my shadow... To fix that, I just use my finger and blend it out. No biggie. After that, I immediately apply the shadow without any creasing or problems. You only need a small amount for both eyes. A little goes a long way, which is why my tube has lasted so long. I've tried other primers... The fergie one by wet n wild is pretty good too. So is the Lorac behind the scenes one too. The seam bursted on that one too.. Causing me to waste 90% of the product, and I couldn't justify spending another $20+ on something that I couldn't use. Please please please give this a try if you haven't. I love wearing bold shadows, and this is a must have for me. If you like just wearing subtle nudes, then you may not like this as much. It defiantly brings the color out without much effort and it's just my favorite primer. I hope this is never discontinued!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It did not work for me. I wanted to like it, tried couple of times..
Cons:
- Takes very long time to dry
- Creases immediately
- My eyeshadows are vanished after few hours, plus ugly crese lines are visible
Pros:
- Cheap
- Great packaging
- Great color

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer aged me about 20 years. I'm 43 years old, but this just weighed down my lids and caused them to droop and fold over! I literally looked about 60 when I used this product. It is going into the trash.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Keeps the shadow bright and crease free for the whole entire day. In general i really do like NYX products but this one is definitely one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a thin, almost greasy consistency that really put me off at first. It takes a while to dry and can transfer onto the brush then into the eyeshadow pan, causing it to cake over. It dries clear and has a slightly tacky finish. My eyeshadow stayed looking fresh and crease-free all day long. I am impressed. The packaging is sleek and simple. The doe-foot applicator makes it easy to use. Overall, this is a fantastic eyeshadow primer for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

This makes any eyeshadow you layer on top POP! I also have Essence I love stage eye base but this is far better in saturating colours and making it stay on longer! I will repurchase this again and again because I think that this is probably the best eye primer for such an affordable price!!