August 31, 2014 | 1058 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It did not work for me. I wanted to like it, tried couple of times..
Cons:
- Takes very long time to dry
- Creases immediately
- My eyeshadows are vanished after few hours, plus ugly crese lines are visible
Pros:
- Cheap
- Great packaging
- Great color

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer aged me about 20 years. I'm 43 years old, but this just weighed down my lids and caused them to droop and fold over! I literally looked about 60 when I used this product. It is going into the trash.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Keeps the shadow bright and crease free for the whole entire day. In general i really do like NYX products but this one is definitely one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a thin, almost greasy consistency that really put me off at first. It takes a while to dry and can transfer onto the brush then into the eyeshadow pan, causing it to cake over. It dries clear and has a slightly tacky finish. My eyeshadow stayed looking fresh and crease-free all day long. I am impressed. The packaging is sleek and simple. The doe-foot applicator makes it easy to use. Overall, this is a fantastic eyeshadow primer for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

This makes any eyeshadow you layer on top POP! I also have Essence I love stage eye base but this is far better in saturating colours and making it stay on longer! I will repurchase this again and again because I think that this is probably the best eye primer for such an affordable price!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works just as well for me as all the HE eye primers out there. I've tried UDPP, TFSI, MUFE Eye Prime, and NARS Pro Prime. My lids are hooded and oily, but for reference most of the aforementioned primers worked fine for me with the exception of TFSI (definitely noticed more creasing with this one). But the price point makes the NYX HD Eye Primer a winner hands down. I do prefer needle-nosed squeeze tube packaging, but I can let that slide for this :) In terms of consistency, its thinner than UDPP but thicker than TSFI.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by heyybabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this in conjunction with the pearl primer by NYX in the pot. I'm normally not one to wear eyeshadow, let alone a primer but I decided to put some eyes on the other day and found both of these in my makeup kit. normally whenever I apply eyeshadow, because I don't buy high end shadows my makeup is smudged or creased by the end of the day. but I was amazed to come home after an 8 hour shift with my shadow still completely intact. like I said I used both primers on top of one another so I cant tell which did all the work but needless to say I was pleased!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by theragdolly

This stuff is fantastic! I'd originally wanted to buy the UDPP but at £15 a pop, I was a little hesitant. I googled dupes, and this came up as the one to try, so after ordering from blanc2noir.com (NEVER AGAIN, ATROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE, ABSOLUTELY APPALLING) it finally arrived and I proceeded to give it a go. It's a bit wet to start with, but having never used another eye primer to compare it to, I didn't know if this was good or bad. I find that one splodge from the doefoot applicator is enough to do both eyes, and as its colourless, I take it from lid right up to under my brows. I leave it to go tacky for maybe two minutes, and then pack the colour on. I had a works do a couple of weeks back, and created a beaut smoky eye over this base, at approx 5.30pm. I then went out, drank, ate, drank more, drank more, drank more (you get the idea) and eventually made it home and fell asleep without even thinking to take my makeup off. The next morning I awoke, still drunk (there was a lot of drinking) and when I dared look in the mirror, I couldn't believe what I saw - my eyeshadow was still PERFECTLY applied. And I mean perfectly. It hadn't budged one bit. So, slightly late and under the influence(!) I decided to leave my makeup where it was. I finally got home at 5pm that day, and although I was desperate to take my makeup off and feel clean again, the eyeshadow was STILL PERFECT. Seriously guys, this stuff is amazing. I don't know how they do it, but with this, they've done it. Can't recommend highly enough!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I am no longer going to buy Urban Decay's primer because of this product. I tested this one against Urban Decay (as well as "Milk" and another primer) on my arm using a terribly pigmented e.l.f. shadow. NYX's primer made it just as bright and richly pigmented as Urban Decay's. Not only that, I could still see some colour after I had taken a shower. The other primer and Milk had completely faded and of course the control swatch was gone (but then again, there wasn't much colour there in the first place).

I will buy this again and again. No more 20+ dollar primer! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Loubigrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be the best eye primer on the market! Blows away Urban decay, the primer potion other brand, Nars, etc... I can layer it on top of my eye cream, serum, depuffer and no problem! It will never disappoint!!