August 29, 2014 | 904 users online

Sunscreen - Obagi - Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Ginal514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my one and only HG sunblock! I will purchase for forever! It has a very high spf for great protection from damaging Florida rays. Thick luxurious texture that absorbs quickly and clearly into skin leaving skin matte and perfectly prepared for makeup application, or great alone. Stays matte all day long even in humid climates and after sweaty workouts. I recommended to everyone. This is a must try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by clb97p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product based on the good reviews, as my skin has become sensitized to most chemical sunscreens. Right now the only sunscreen that does not cause me to break out in an itchy rash is Vanicream, which is wonderful but pretty greasy. I bought this for the matte finish, hoping that it wouldn't irritate my skin. Unfortunately after a couple of days of using it, I developed itchy bumps all over my skin where I had applied this. Bummer since it's so pricey. Not a total loss, though, because my husband (who does not have sensitive skin) loves it and is using the rest of the bottle. Rating it three stars since it does have a great matte finish, but unfortunately contains sensitizing chemicals that don't work for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by saver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is what is says, matte and non-whitening.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by avocadogreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 15 moisturizer, but wanted something with a higher SPF. I'm very sensitive to texture, ingredients, and smells. I absolutely hate the smell of sunblock, so I've been searching all over the place for an unscented, non-greasy physical sunblock (not chemical) that is paraben-free. Well, this one fit the bill perfectly for me! It absorbs quickly (no balling up) and leaves me with a smooth, matte finish with no smells or skin irritations. I still use my Olay underneath it for the moisture and sunblock, and use the Obagi to top off the sunblock as a security measure. I've heard that when you use a high SPF sunblock, you need to take a little extra care to remove it when cleansing, so I use my Clarisonic or an exfoliator in the evenings to clean my face. When I wear makeup, I use my cold cream. I'm very picky with my sunblock, so this was a great find for me. I'll definitely repurchase. I bought it on skincarerx.com with a 20% off coupon code. It normally retails for $46.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As much as I want to love this product, I can't.
I have been using this for about a week, and unfortunately it has clogged up my pores MAJOR.
All over my face; cheeks, forehead, chin. Most sunscreens don't break my face out unless they are like cheap drugstore ones meant for the body.
I am so disappointed, because I really wanted to love it. Because I love the way it feels on my skin, it sinks in wonderfully and doesn't leave that obvious white cast on the skin and it feels lightweight.
I just wish it agreed with my skin :(
But I do recommend others to try it out and see how their skin reacts to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG sunscreen til the end of days! I never thought I'd find a sunscreen that blends well & doesn't leave my skin greasy and cause breakouts. Summary:

-the lotion is on the thick side
-glides on smoothly, easy to blend in (may leave a slight whitish cast before you've blended it in completely)
-total matte finish that actually functions as a primer as well for me: make-up goes on easier, stays matte all day
-ZERO greasiness, even after a 5 mile run in the spring sunshine.
-so far, I haven't broken out at all (have been using this for 3 months)
-most important, the spf 50 is serious business- no sun penetrates this sunscreen.

I am so happy to have finally found a proper sunscreen! I'd resigned myself to a summer of sunscreen-induced pimples on my forehead, chin & jawline, but now I know I'll have clear skin. I'll edit with any changes, but it looks like Obagi is the perfect sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful sunscreen, it goes on incredible light weight and after a few pat absorbs into the skin with barely a trace. Actually improves the longevity of my bb cream which used to slide right off my face with LaRoche. With this under makeup my whole face stays matte for 6 hours+. complete HG, i'll be buying this forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Total HG for me, thanks to all the reviews here. I have been searching for a new sunscreen for several months since my beloved Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch sunblock that I had used for years with no problems suddenly started causing breakouts. I've now been using this Nu-Derm product for about a week and it has been amazing. Pros: no whitening, no shine, absorbs quickly, not greasy, semi-matte finish, does not cause breakouts or clogging, comes in a large tube (so should last a long time), does not ball up when worn over silicone products, price is very reasonable, no scent at all. The only con so far is that because I have dry skin and it's the dead of winter, I have to use extra moisturizer with this because it does slightly exacerbate my flakiness/dryness. Will definitely repurchase and highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Have finally found my fall/winter sunscreen. Halleluia! Beats all of the other Obagi sunscreens by a mile.

Pros: applies and feels like lotion on: not pasty, gluey or heavy. Has 10% zinc oxide and 7.5% octinoxate. (My rosacea responds favorably to zinc.) SPF 50 which is so important in my neck of the woods. Ingredient list is not a kitchen sink approach--also important for my rosacea. Does not cause breakouts or rosacea flares on me. No white cast. Expensive but you get 3 oz for the cash so not too bad when doing the math. Makeup applies well over it, very little balling up and I'm not a grease ball by noon. Non-drying too. No scent.

Cons: Kinda pricey but see my rationale above. Must order but I can find at several places.

While LRP Anthelios ultra light SPF 60 is still my summer sunscreen, I'm so happy to have found a rest of the year sunscreen. Makes compliance easy.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent sunscreen... I have tried many including the Obagi C-SunGuard SPF 30 and Obagi Nu Derm Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35.. This one is MUCH better because it is so light and non-greasy! It works perfectly to reduce flakiness after using a prescription retin-A! Worth every penny.