October 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For the price, this is a great brush.

At first it had an unpleasant odor, but with a quick wash that has disappeared.

It cleans up easily, and I haven't experienced any shedding.

It doesn't eat up product, and applies finishing powder nicely.

The real techniques brush is very soft, not at all scratchy, but not the softest out there. I do have a MUFE kabuki brush that is like rubbing a baby rabbit against your face, it's THAT soft! It's not my HG powder brush for that reason. I prefer an uber-soft texture against my face.

The handle is comfortable, maybe slightly too chunky, but that is just nit-picking.

Because of the excellent price for this quality, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by avidswapper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is awesome! So big, fluffy, and soft! Great value considering this is softer and more dense than a mac 150. All the real technique brushes are really lightweight and easy to hold on to. I've never seen mine shed at all, and they keep their shape after washing (to ensure this I hang all my brushes upside down to dry on the towel rack with a hair elastic). Perfect powder brush IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: No shedding I've seen, which is important to me. I love the firmness of this for a fluffy blush brush (I like mine on the big side). To me, I like I VERY loose/nonfirm powder brush. I don't like scratchy bristles, and this one isn't scratchy or rough.

CONS: Just don't really have a con for this. It's not the cheapest in the world, but it's lower than most H.E. Might be hard to get into the nose creases or such if using this for powder, cause its end is kind of large/rounded for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This thing is huge! :D I really like how it works with my powder. It applies powder very evenly. Love this and the price is not bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Reigning Supreme Queen of powder brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where have these brushes been all my life?? Like seriously! For so long I've been needing new brushes and haven't bought any because there so expensive for good quality, so I'm used to buying Mac brushes but even those your spending an arm and a leg for brushes that aren't even that great quality so I've been waiting patiently on a miracle that I would come across some good quality brushes and still be able to keep my arms and legs, and low behold I stumbled upon Real Technique brushes. I purchased this brush because I was previously using an Elf powder brush but it's way too scratchy for my face (looking for a cheaper alternative obviously, don't get me wrong Elf brushes are good too but the powder brush just wasn't working for me) so I didn't like to use it, I thought about purchasing a Mac powder brush but couldn't justify the money for a damn face brush, then when I saw these babies at Ulta I read up on reviews and did my Alleluia praise!

This brush is the first I purchased from RT so I do not know how the other brushes are, but let me say this is one of the softest best feeling brushes on my face, and it was only $9 I believe? It applies product so well and feels amazing on my face, I truly love it and cannot wait to try out more of the brushes the line has to offer. It feels very sturdy and nice so I don't see it falling apart, Thank you RT for making awesome affordable brushes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MJKhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This had been my goto powder brush ever since I got it. The bristles are so soft and they are at the correct density to distribute powder on your face without it being to cakey or fake-looking.This leaves my skin with a natural look and feel to it and I would repurchase if I ever lost it or it broke (which I highly doubt it will).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Ahh, I just LOVE the powder brush.
It's quite big so it's perfect for settingpowder and even bronzer. (not contouring, but bronzing)
It's also really really soft, which I love. I always go for synthetic brushes, like this one.

I don't have anything bad to say about this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Petra71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this brush, the size of it, just everything about it. I'm applying my lily lolo powder mineral foundation and it's just wonderful. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a well made, very soft, very luxurious brush, especially for the price. Its also huge and way too big to get in all the contours of my face when applying powder. This would be great for applying powder or shimmer to the body, and its also a good size for all over bronzer for the face, maybe in the summer I'll get more use out if it for that.