Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 2/15/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The brush's size makes it so easy to use and allows you to stipple the perfect amount of product per surface area of your face. A must have product for trying to achieve a natural looking coverage, that is non mask-like or streaky. Very easy to look after and I have experienced no shedding at all in the 2 month time frame that I've been using it for. I can definitely confirm that Real Technique brushes live up to the hype!!

on 2/14/2015 5:02:00 PM

First time I used it it shed all over my face. Maybe I got a defective one, but the bristles were falling out in clumps.

I loved this brush for a while, it offers great coverage and leaves no streaks. I love all of my other real techniques brushes (core collection), but this stippling brush fell apart after the 3rd wash. Even my E.L.F brushes lasted longer than this. After the 1st wash j noticed that little black hairs were sticking to my face, and every wash after that more and more came out until a giant ass chunk plopped out. Good brush, but not super durable

Works so good with my mac foundation, really happy with it!

Love real techniques...just not this brush : (

On my third washing of this brush chunks of the bristle head had come out! I am a professional makeup artist and I am extremely cautious when I am cleaning my brushes, as I never let water seep into the ferrule and I use gentle brush cleaner. I found that the glue in the ferrule had loosened. I really wanted to love this brush but I was so disappointed. Reading other reviews I found other people had the same issue. Performance wise this brush was good, it did work quite well for foundation while it lasted...I do prefer a more dense brush as this is a bit sparse for me. The developers did not design this brush well for longevity and durability. I have other brushes from this line and I had no problem at all with shedding or performance. I still recommend this brand just not this particular brush.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love this brush, it makes my foundation flawless and is nice, soft and gentle on the skin. It's also fantastic for cream blush! A lot of people rave about the buffing brush or expert face brush but I prefer this one. Very underrated. However, I am kind of scared to wash it too many times because it seems fragile and I see a lot of reviews saying it sheds/falls apart. :(

on 1/21/2015 11:21:00 AM

within the 2nd wash of this brush all of the bristles fell out!

on 1/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

In terms of results, I can't fault this brush, it gave a lovely even finish to my foundation. However, the brush head fell off on about the 3rd wash. I know it's not the most expensive brand on the market, but Real Techniques are supposed to be good quality. Obviously not if they fall apart this easily. I wouldn't repurchase for this reason.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Love this brush, I currently use this with my MAC Pro-longwear foundation and application is amazing, leaves no streaks, isn't too tough on my sensitive skin (like a lot of my previous brushes) and washes well. This brush ticks all the boxes.

on 1/3/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried this brush twice, and each time it ended up in the trash. BOTH times they shed a lot (I got so sick of picking long black brush hairs off of my face. Who has time for that?), and after the first time I thoroughly cleansed them (vs spot cleaning), all hell broke loose and they completely fell apart. I'm talking *tons* of huge clumps of brush hairs shedding. This has never happened with any of my MAC, Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, Marc Jacobs, or Louise Young brushes (most of which I've had for around five or six years). Eh... you get what you pay for.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products