September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought this at Bed Bath & Beyond (my store has a drugstore section with cheap makeup) as an accessory to apply Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream with. While I did not end up liking the BB cream, this brush was pretty nice overall. It's on the smaller side, which I suppose is fine...I think I like a larger brush head tho, just because I'm lazy and a bigger brush head means less time applying. Anyway. The brush was also soft, and while it shed a few hairs in the short time I owned it, I wouldn't say it was that bad. I did get some streaks when I applied the Revlon BB cream, but I think that's more of an issue with the BB cream than this brush, really. I also didn't like the metallic pink color, but that has nothing to do with performance. :) I actually tossed this brush out because I knew the small head size would get to me--but if you're okay with a smaller brush head, this is a nice brush for $10 and I do recommend it if you are in the market. (This brush would also be great for travel if you didn't want to carry a bigger brush or were worried about losing an expensive one.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kenka

loved this brush,, it blends my make up beautifully ,,, not so big not so small perfect size, and density

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these. They are good brushes, but shed like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by southeast92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

IT SHEDDED ON ME LIKE CRAZY! LAST TIME I BUY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by beautyyangel

I absolutely love this brush. It is perfect for blending in foundation just after application. I usually apply a foundation with my normal foundation brush and then come back with this brush to really buff it into my skin. The quality is amazing, I take care when cleaning my brushes to avoid water or cleaning product from loosening the glue from the bristles, and either I have done a good job or it is just really strong. I especially love the the fact that it can stand on its own, very helpful!
Although it was bit of a stretch for price, as far as brushes go, there are many in the market that can do the same job for a cheaper price.
I would probably look for a similar but cheaper product if I lost this brush. Overall it is a faithful and handy brush to have, I would recommend it if you have a larger budget. The packaging of the Real Technique brushes are a bit disappointing, not exactly exciting or anything, but it doesn't bother me much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this brush for blush. I know it isn't the most conventional use for it but I like that it picks up about 1/2 the product of a normal blush brush because I like a really sheer application of blush. It works great for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stippling brush! I have the one by Mac (the bigger stippling brush) and found myself never reaching for it. It's just a bit to big and the fibers are longer, for some reason it's just harder for me to blend and push the product on to my skin. This real techniques stippling brush is perfect for my needs! This is the brush I reach for when using my BB cream (tarte's BB tinted primer treatment). The size is just right for stippling, I start my stippling and pushing the product all over my face then blend with circular motions. The price was much cheaper than my Mac one and definitely with the $! Great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Swiftie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Talk about holy grail! This brush is fantastic. I've been using it for about six weeks with my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and it works like a charm. It's affordable, the packaging is great, it leaves a pretty flawless result and it doesn't shed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim at Walmart last weekend- it was $9. I have the expert face brush and was actually looking to buy a new one, but figured I'd give this a try. I use this w/my Estée Lauder foundation which by the way makes my horrid skin look like a porcelain doll. But I love the way this brush applies my foundation- just pat pat it on and goes on flawless. Really a pleasant surprise. You would think this was a $30brush. Love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The BEST stippling brush I have ever owned and tried. I cannot get over how great this applies liquid foundations. I never liked brushes for liquid, I prefer my BB or RT sponge. This rivals them. I get great coverage and no streaks and no hairs come off of this.

Past brushes, even MAC shed. This never has. It's easy to clean and keeps it shape. The quality on these brushes is unreal. I would buy this over and over. I recommend anyone new to brushes or looking for a set of great brushes to grab RT. They are super affordable and are high end quality.