Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

4.6

on 12/9/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Trader Joe's Spa 100% Jojoba Oil. I have oily facial skin and dry skin on my body. I use this oil on both areas and my face become moisturized and not as oily and my body is free of itchy dry skin, I mix the 4 ounce bottle with one cap full of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil. The mixture of the two oils has improved the condition of my skin and my nails. My nails are healthy looking with white tips for the first time ever. After washing my hands I apply the mixture to my hands. The only negative thing I can find to say about either of these products is the packaging needs improvement as the oil always puddles under the bottles after sitting for a while.

on 11/20/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I read the reviews, went to Trader Joe's and bought the Jojoba Oil, and I am very glad I did.

I use just a few drops on my face and neck after washing my face at night, and after my morning shower.

It has made a very big difference in evening out my 'rosacea ravaged' skin, and helps minimize the itchiness.

It's unscented, it's very versatile in mixing with other facial products, and I can use it on my eye area, lips and all over my body if I choose.

My only quibble is the packaging as the oil can easily dribble out of the sides and lightly coat the bottle. However, I can't think of any way beside a pump to better package the product, so when I go out of town, I simply pack my bottle in a separate plastic bag.

on 11/10/2012 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Claims to be "A gentle oil useful for removing makeup, cleansing clogged pores, softening skin, and moisturizing." I love this product! I intentionally bought it to use for my occasional "at home facials." I apply a little bit to massage my face, it's very relaxing, and moisturizing! I recently started to use this as a facial makeup remover. I apply it to a baby wipe, and then use circular motions to remove. Highly recommend this product!

on 10/6/2012 8:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best makeup remover. EVER. I wear kohl, gel liner, mascara, etc. and this removes everything. Plus, it is gentle on lashes. Even though I wear eye makeup, my natural lashes look great! ;)

The only thing I would change is the packaging... it gets a little messy (not sure how to remedy that).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love using this as a lip balm, or rubbing it on my elbows and knees where I really need moisture. It softens skin immediately. I also use it as an ingredient in home made facial masks, or I put it in my hair before I shower as a deep conditioner. It's great stuff and I don't know where else you'd find this but Trader Joe's.

on 8/10/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Never would have imagined in my 48 yrs on earth that I could put oil on my face and A) not look like a grease pit. B) Break out terribly. C) Be able to apply powder (or any) makeup on top of it. Well, I was wrong because in my desperation to help my now perimenopausal skin appear smoother, firmer, and better hydrated, I tried this and it turns out my skin loves it. This is a BIG deal for me since I've suffered with unrelentling skin issues since the age of 11 ranging from acne, allergies and Lupus. Twice a day after washing my face with Philosophy Purity cleanser, I've been mixing 1- 2 drops of Jojoba with my moisturizer (usually CeraVe) and this sinks right in with no greasey residue on my face or neck. I see a difference already in just 3 weeks. My fine lines are gone and my skin looks more radiant and healthy. I also use it to remove eye make up and it does not irritate my eyes. HG for sure from now on!

Edited to add: For an inexpensive quick fix to mascara mishaps, without tugging at delicate skin~ I simply dab a bit of jojoba oil onto a Q-tip and lightly fix up the area, then turn the Q-tip over to the clean side to smooth any residue.

on 6/10/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product, but you need to be careful with how you use it.

My skin type: sensitive, acne-prone, clogged pores, oily.

Through much trial and error, I've found that the best way for my to use this is as an oil cleanser every couple of days, or to mix in a drop or two into a cleanser that you find is drying.

I've tried this as a moisturizer, or mixed a drop or two into my moisturizer at night, and its just too much for my skin. At first it seemed great and like it was helping with my acne. Unfortunately, after only three days my skin began to become more congested and greasy, my blackheads and pores looking huge, so I had to cut it out.

The only way I can use this is before a cleanser. I'll take a few drops of this and massage it over my clogged pores and it really helps loosen up and to a certain degree, shrink my blackheads. I then follow up with a cleanser and washcloth, and gently rub over my skin. I rinse it all away and follow up with the rest of my regular nightly routine. I do this every couple of days, but never twice in a row.

The price seems really reasonable, and from what I've heard is certainly cheaper from other jojoba oils. And for the amount you get I really can't complain. I appreciate the attempt at a way to control the amount that comes out of the bottle with the smaller hole, but it really is easy for more product than you want to come trickling out. I really feel some kind of a dropper mechanism would be nice.

Otherwise, a good product if you know how to use it, and at a very reasonable price.

EDIT 5/15/13: I've bumped my rating of this product down because it just doesn't work for me. I didn't want to give it the lowest rating because its a great value and product if jojoba oil is what works for you.

I haven't reached for this in a long time, and to be honest I think my skin is better for it. It was nice to get a cleansing oil in at first, I think it was doing its job. But after a while my skin started to feel both oily and dehydrated, like moisture was just not getting through. As for acne, I just kept breaking out and getting clogging up so I cut this out and went back to basics with my skincare, and my skin is looking great. I may try a different oil next time, but I think oil cleansing might not be for me.

on 4/22/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has TRANSFORMED my skin! I have incredibly oily and acne-prone skin, and I am amazed by the results. I use this every night after washing and toning to moisturize my face before I go to bed. This isn't greasy at all, and it absorbs well into the skin. No scent, nothing annoying about this product. Do not be afraid of putting oil on your face! Jojoba oil most closely resembles natural human skin oil than any other oil, so by putting this on your face you are preventing your skin from over-producing more oil because it thinks it's parched and dry. Worth a try! I got mine for about 3 or 4 bucks at TJ's... can't beat that price.

on 4/7/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Versatile and Fragrance Free. Non greasy, so it's the best to use as an after shower body oil. Good to use as an Eye Makeup remover as well. Non comedogenic so I have used it as a facial massage oil too. Add to your moisturizer to amplify moisturization. Could use a better packaging.

on 3/28/2012 7:58:00 PM

My HG product! I have used whole bottle already, its my eye makeup remover, face makeup remover, extra booster for my face/body moisturizer. It work amazing! And love love love the price! (How can I complaining $6-$7???!!!). I mixed the oil and water (half & half) in to a small bottle as my eye make up remover (I mixed very small amount tho, it could last me about 3-4 days, then I mixed some more for fresh ones). Shake it up then put on cotton pad to remove all make up from my face and eyes. It remove 90% of make up but leave my skin feel nice and soft without any drying my face. Then my Mia 2 will take care the rest of the make up on my face when I am in shower. For moisturizer, I put body lotion on my back, legs and arms first. then wait around 5 mins I put very very small amount of jojoba oil on top of the lotion. My body used to very very itchy and dry during winter, even after I put lotion on. by doing that, it feels like seals the moist on my skin. Then my skin would feel moist, soft and no itchier! It effect last me around 2-4 days without reapply any lotion, but I am sure my skin will feel better if I apply lotion daily on my body. I really love this oil. It has changed my skin condition. It s effected and cheap! I am sure I would repurchase again.