April 19, 2014 | 1752 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner! It makes my hair very soft and it feels moisturized after I use it. The bonus is that it has all natural ingredients and does not leave my hair feeling like I've applied too much of it. A little goes a long way. I can either leave it in or wash it out. I gave it a 4 because it does not provide enough slip for me to detangle my hair. It serves as a great protector for my hair when I go swimming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I was unable to completely fall in love with this product because......of the overwhelming, cloying fragrance!!! My bf and I got horrible headaches from the scent. Seriously, it's that bad. Even after washing the product out of my hair, it was still there, and I only used a small amount. Turning on fans and opening up all the windows in the house helped completely rid of it.

I honestly loved how it made my hair look and feel, so soft and shiny and moisturized. But until they make a fragrance-free version or change the scent or tone it down, I will most certainly never purchase again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really spectacular product! Not only does it work great, it is natural, affordable, easily accessible & fair trade/good cause! What's not to like is really the question in this case.

I have very curly 3b hair that is color treated, heat styled a few fines a week on top of it already being prone to dryness, frizzy and breakage.

I bought this because it had sine really nice hydrating ingredients that I've has good luck with in the past. I use it as a leave in and it really does make my hair feel softer and smoother and seals in moisture. Typically I use this under gel because I need some extra help with hold. After using it consistently I noticed the overall health of my hair improving.

I didn't much care for it as a regular rinse out conditioner. It didn't detangle enough and I felt like I had to keep adding more and more and I would've used up a whole bottle by the time I was detangled. I used the matching shampoo.which was only 'ok' imo. This is a great product if you do-wash/no-poor etc because it doesn't build up - at least not for me, but my hair loves oil & shea; it just soaks it.right up! Maybe of you have fine, limp or thin hair this might be too much, it better as a rinse out only.

I do agree the smell us a bit too strong though.

Otherwise, I really like & recommend for anyone with dry/frizzy hair. It's really nice at repairing damages hair as well. I just finished the bottle and will buy a replacement (but I am waiting fit walgreens to do another bogo!) I used the one for curly hair as well and also really liked it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing my 3b hair curly again and I LOVE this as a leave-in. It leaves my hair so soft and crunch free with the styling milk. HG

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Great conditioner that can be used as a leave-in or rinse out product. Currently I use it as a leave-in conditioner and it does a great job detangling my hair. It's a light conditioner that is not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great conditioner with natural, organic ingredients. I've tried other similar shampoos/conditioners that touted the same type of ingredients but they fell flat. Pun intended. This detangles and moisturizes well. It has good slip - it spreads throughout the hair fairly well, so you don't have to use 10-12 pumps of it like I've experienced with other sulfate-free conditioners (like Sally Hair One). I use about 4 pumps on my long hair. The smell might be a little strong for some people in the shower, but my hair smells great after it's dry. I've also tried this as a leave-in and it has done its job - nothing amazing but a great way for added moisture, shine, and conditioning.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

For really dry, colored, thick curly hair, this product doesn't quite do the trick...or at least it requires more than I would like to use. It's a bit pricey for the amount of conditioner I need - at least 4-6 pumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great creamy and a nice scent. I didn't like this conditioner at first, but then I just came to love it. I have oily fine hair that tangles very easily, So I don't use it on my roots everywhere else it's great and helps comb out the tangles. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Great product! What's not to like? The ingredients are all Ethically traded and sustainably produced. Has been fair trade for 100 years. Never tested on animals and it sulfate-free and color safe. No parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrances, no PABA, no synthetic colorings, no DEA, no animal ingredients, and no sulfates.
This product is touted as being leave-in OR rinse out, but since I have an oilier scalp I haven't used it as a leave-in.
Scent is subjective. The smell isn't bad to me at all, smells a bit like honeysuckle, very natural smelling because all the ingredients are natural. This stuff seems to absorb quickly into my hair. Provides good slip. I've been using Shea Moisture products exclusively now for almost a year (in conjunction with not using any more chemical treatments) and I have NEVER used a single hair product of any kind for this long- I'm always on the lookout for the 'next best thing' but for me (perpetual over-achiever and ingredient snob), this is it. And I can definitely say there is a significant improvement with my hair's strength. I DON'T LOSE HALF AS MUCH HAIR A DAY as I did when I used more 'commercial' products. My hair is also shinier, fuller, and bouncier. I haven't found anything else that compares to this stuff. I will concede that the pump is an annoying feature when you're trying to get the last bit. As far as price goes, $9.99 for 12 oz is a flippin' steal for the quality of the ingredients. You can pay triple this price for a bottle of salon garbage that is loaded with smell-good, smothering, synthetic ingredients. I'd gladly pay double and believe it was a fair trade.
Ingredients: Deionized water, certified organic shea butter, argan oil, coconut oil, behentrimonium chloride (a type of salt used as a preservative), essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, vitamin B-5, avocado oil, honeycuckle flower and japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin E, Carrot seed oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell: horrid. The moisture: mediocre. The bottle: annoying, especially when you get down to the last little bit and have to take the pump off to get any. It's got great ingredients and isn't too different from the deep treatment masque but for some reason my hair just doesn't dig it as much as other things. Oh, well.