Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

4.1

de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil.

on 9/14/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have 3/c biracial transitioning hair, I love love love this product! it has a very nice consistency, not too thick/sticky/greasy, it's very easy to spread in your hair! I haven't used it as a condition though, i use it as a leave-in! left my hair shiny and soft, it didn't make my hair sticky or clumped up n hard like the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. not too keen on the scent, it reminds me of the scent of cheap hotel hand lotion... but it isn't thaaat bad! i also reccomend the shampoo used in this line.

on 9/13/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow - I really like this stuff. I bought the raw shea butter hair masque (comes in a jar) more than 2 years ago and I am finally running out (I used it mainly as a leave-in treatment). So I am inclined to compare this conditioner with the masque. I honestly love the conditioner more. The scent is not nearly as strong and it has a better feeling when you rub it in your palms. The masque is heavily scented and leaves a thick, white coating on your hands, while the conditioner feels like it will better absorb into my hair. It also works wonderfully as a leave-in. Makes my hair super soft and shiny. To me, there are two types of shiny: that deep shine that seems to come from within and makes your hair color stand out, and the other one is surface shiny which reflects light. This conditioner provides the former; that deep shine which indicates healthy hair.

Update: This bottle lasted me a solid six months. I use ~5 pumps in the shower every 2-3 days and if my hair is feeling dry I use an extra half pump as a leave-in. My only complaint is that the last few uses are hard to get out of the bottle. I have already re-purchased this! Love it.

on 8/28/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not hydrating enough for my hair, which sucks because I had such high hopes for this and it has really great ingredients. Unfortunately, when my hair dried it was very frizzy and rough, ans the ends were puffed out. It works well as an overnight leave in, giving my hair shine without making it oily. Since I spent ten bucks on this, I'll be using it that way so it doesn't go to waste. Still, a disappointment.

on 8/13/2013 10:46:00 PM

I had been using the Curly Girl Method since May. I was using Alberto V05 as a co-wash and Tresemme Naturals as my rinse out. My results were okay, but my hair still felt a bit dry/frizzy. One day I used the Tresemme as a leave in and my hair turned out SO dry I had to condition all over again. I needed to switch ASAP.

I read rave reviews here on MUA about Shea Moisture's Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner. So I headed to Walgreen's to get it. It was meant to be: they had the bottles buy one get one free so I grabbed all 3 bottles off the shelf...and boy am I glad I did!

This stuff has been a MIRACLE for my hair. Normally my hair frizzes up like crazy in humidity during the summer months, so I compensate by using a ton of gel to keep it at bay, which ends up making my hair look greasy and my curls fall flat. This conditioner moisturizes my hair so well, that I use a lot less gel, and my curls turn out light, bouncy, and shiny. NO FRIZZ! NO DRYNESS! Just beautifully defined curls.

I feel it important to reiterate the fact that I am using the Curly Girl Method. I run an Alberto V05 through the length of my hair and rub it pretty vigorously into my scalp, then rinse. Then I apply the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Conditioner to my hair and comb my hair out with a shower comb. I leave the conditioner on for the duration of my shower. When I rinse at the end, I rinse it out about halfway. It seems like that leaves a lot of product in your hair, but once I squeeze the excess water out, it's the perfect amount as a leave in and it's already distributed very well. Then I use the Turbie Twist to dry my hair--terry cloth towels are a big no-no, and I don't heat style my hair at all. I then apply Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel in my hair--run it through with my fingers, focusing on the middle to ends, and scrunch a little. Then I air dry and my hair comes out amazingly, I might dare to say nearly perfect.

For those who are bothered by strong scent, the scent is very light and pleasant. For those with sensitive skin, I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused me any problems so far. Lastly, $10 may seem pretty steep for 13 oz, but it is so thick, the bottle lasts forever. I have been using it for exactly a month now, and I still have about half a bottle left (I co-wash/condition about 3-4 times a week).

on 7/29/2013 1:59:00 AM

honestly, i really wanted to give this product a good review but i just cant. I had high hopes for this product given it was organic and smelt great, however i must say it did nothing for my hair. I have thick, wavy/curly hair thats very long (down to my lower back) and i was looking for something that could give my hair that extra moisture and it was less moisturizing than regular conditioner. I must say the best hair products moisture wise and for an affordable price would be any conditioner by herbal essences, as well as hydration mist spray by organix. does wonders.

on 5/26/2013 4:33:00 PM

Smells fresh and clean. I use as a wash out and leave in conditioner on my ends. Hair is soooooooooooooooo shiny, soft and manageble. I am caucasion with fine long blond highlighted hair. This whole brand is amazing! Also love that it does not contain silicones in their products. My hair does not react well to silicones. I prefer natural products, even love that it is naturally fragranced. Can't beat the price either!

on 5/19/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG leave-in conditioner! I used to use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, but when I ran out of that I decided to try this because I love this whole product line. One pump worked through my hair is enough for my medium textured, wavy, above the shoulder hair. It is not all that heavy considering the ingredients (lots of shea butter and coconut oil) so it doesn't make my hair feel weighed-down or greasy. But it does make my hair look better and feel softer. I love using this as a nourishing base before adding my styling products. As a bonus, this smells absolutely divine! Like an expensive (slighly hippie inspired) perfume. The scent doesn't last long, though, so if you don't care for it, it'll be gone quickly. The overall condition of my hair has improved since I started using this (about 6 weeks now)- it just seems shinier and healthier. I love that it's all natural and supports free trade ingredients. I am coming to the conclusion that my hair and skin just adore shea butter because everything I pick up from this line ends up being well loved by me.

on 5/17/2013 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is probably my HG conditioner. It works well as both a rinse out and as a leave in. Most of the time I use this as my rinse out and then put about a pump's worth back in my hair as a leave in conditioner. I use the curly girl method. This product leaves my curls soft and defined. I feel there is plenty of slip to work it through the hair.

While more expensive than some drugstore hair care, I think this product is worth it. I'm glad more stores are carrying it.

on 3/9/2013 12:17:00 AM

I love this conditioner. It is one of my absolute favorite conditioners of all time. I use it to co-wash my hair and I also use it as a leave in. It strengthens my hair and it makes my hair feel soft. I just wish it came in a bigger size! The thing I love the most is that it is made from natural products. A+ for me!

on 3/2/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I just bought a new bottle of the Restorative today,, because I only have a half of cup left in my used bottle. Once I'm done rinsing out my final product I add this to my wet hair, the way I do my hair routine this gives me slip, softness, and shine. I love the way this product smells even days after it smells so wonderful I use this product as a leave in only, I seal with Castor oil and then Curl Enhancing Smoothie. What a perfect trio for my hair. I love, love love the Restorative Condition.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products