September 1, 2014 | 1111 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Although not as moisturizing as some, this does the job and the color is natural looking and not a blaring red like others. The looks of a lip balm container is not important to me as its usually in my purse. Use under my lipsticks to add a little more depth to the sheerer lipstick colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees lip balms but this failed to impress me. As a general lip balm, it's okay if you don't need something very moisturising, it's light and smells/tastes pleasant enough. I picked this shade because it was the darkest one but you can barely see it on my lips, except when I accidentaly over-apply and it goes out of the lipline. So for the extra money I don't think it's worth it. I also don't understand the excess packaging with that pointless cardboard tube and the plastic tube inside is so ugly. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. It's on the bold side as far as tinted lip balm goes but it's not overwhelming. Does get really flaky though, unfortunately. I'll probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lightweight (not thick, waxy, gloppy) balm with a nice hint of reddish-brown color. It's not a product for the dry cold harsh weather of winter (I use Lypsyl for that) but it's very nice for an everyday balm for your purse or pocket. It's nice in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by feebie1106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this product was awesome! I am a lipstick/gloss junkie and this actually left me with lots of color and moisture. It is always in my pocket and i use it all the time. I am actually having my engagement pictures this week and this color is perfect! I don't want to look like i am using too much lip product so this is great! Great pigmentation and lasting quality!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a waste of money! I picked the darkest tint (Red Dahlia) and there was virtually no tint on my lips whatsoever! My lips are naturally pale so there should've been some coloration. The balm itself was average and didn't moisturize and condition as it claims to do in fact my lips were waxy after about an hour. Will not buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am on the fence with this product.

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). I have pretty pigmented lips also. When I first swipe this across my lips, I like the subtle deepening of my natural lip color. However, as I continue to wear this throughout the day, my lips not only feel drier and drier, but then I kept putting more lip balm on, and I noticed that as the color grew stronger, this shade looks really off with my skin tone :(

If I wanted a "high maintenance" product that I have to layer with lip balm to moisturize my lips and remember not to over-apply, I'll take a lipstick, thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me the colour and performance of this product is similar to Clinique's Chubby Stick, in 'Graped Up', which I have used for some time. I prefer fragrance-free products where possible so the disadvantage for me with the BB lip balm is that is that I don't like its sweet, rosy-berry scent. I expect I'll get used to it though, as the BB lip balm is half the price of the Clinique Chubby Stick! (Not sure what the quantity of the Chubby Stick is tho'. The BB lip balm is 4.25 g.) The outer packaging of the BB lip balm adds nothing to the product as far as I am concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only Burt's Bees product I've had any luck with. Lovely reddish-brown shade that goes on very smoothly. Beautiful color, not greasy or gloppy, but has to be applied often and I don't think it offers any SPF. I'll still keep it on hand though, if only for the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Target and am so glad I did! I'm not crazy about Burt's Bees lip balm. It's minty, but I feel that it dries my lips out even more because of the minty feel. I love other BB products, so I decided to try this tinted balm out on a whim. This balm is quite different from the original BB balm. It's very soft, light, and moisturizing. This color might be the darkest of the bunch, and it comes out really nicely. My lips are pretty pigmented, and the red showed up and wasn't patchy on me.
Yes, this balm is more slick than the original formula, but it is moisturizing and has a nice tint. If you're worried about the coloring being too sheer, get the next darker color. It won't be too heavy or harsh.