Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I like this lip balm. its got a hint of color, and it makes my lips sooo soft, shiny and sheer.
I got it from my stepmother, so dont know the price or anything.
I've got it in the color rose, and its adorable.

It smells kinda wierd though... I dont know, but if you put it up to your nose, it has a hint of 'fakeness' but i dont know... i just doesnt smell that good.
But on the lips its fine, and it has a really nice gloss.

But i can definitly live without it, so i wouldnt buy it Again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really really love this lip balm, especially this shade. My other favorite shade is Rose. I've tried the EOS lip balms and Baby Lips but I still prefer this one 'cause it lasts longer for me. It gives just a tiny hint of color which is perfect for school and looks very natural. Also, as you reapply in the day the color gets a little bit more noticeable but still natural looking. It doesn't have a strong scent and it has no taste. When the lip balm fades off my lips still don't feel dry but I like to reapply anyway. The packaging looks like any average lip balm which I think is good for looking inconspicuous when applying in public. The only problem I have with it is that it costs $7 and that's a lot for a lip balm >.> But I love it so I'd still buy it again even if it's expensive lol

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this today, and I am disappointed with it. For one, the packaging is ridiculous. All that cardboard for just a little tube of lip gloss? It's so wasteful, and for an environmental conscious company, it's seems kind of weird they would package this product in this way.

My main disappointment is with the pigment. It is very sheer, that I cannot even see it on my lips! It just looks like a glossy version of my own lips. Maybe my lips are already pretty pigmented....so this might work on someone with lighter colored lips.I only bought this, because I heard this is a dupe for clinique's black honey...not true (at least for me).

Also, I paid a little over $6 for this, and I think that is way overpriced for what you get. I will stick with my beloved bonnie bell Dr pepper lipgloss (it has a great sheer color that shows up on my lips).

This was a really disappointing purchase. I've used Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm since seventh grade but never tried any of the other lip products. I wanted a flavored balm with a tint of sheer color, but it tasted really lipstick-y, and after licking my lips it left a very unpleasant taste and sensation in the back of my throat. The balm itself did have a decent consistency but too glossy for my preference, as I was looking for something less viscous and more satiny.The packaging is kind of deceptive, too, as it's just a regular size lip balm inside a much larger cardboard tube. The color seemed much richer and darker on the package, and didn't seem to deposit any color at all. The $7 price-tag just adds insult to injury. I will give the lip shimmers a try and hopefully have better luck.

Little to no moisture on my lips.. does add a nice sheer colour.. wouldn't purchase considering the price is $15 in Aus..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice, light weight lip balm with a sheer hint of colour which should suit most skin tones. It is expensive for what it is but it is a quality product nonetheless. Feels moisturising but not heavy, which is what I like.

I like the consistency of this lip balm much better than regular Burt's Bees lip balm. This product is actually moisturizing on me.

I am NW25 and have very pigmented lips. I thought this lip balm was going to be a lot more pigmented than it actually was on me. However it is good for if I want a little bit more coverage than a clear lip balm. I also really like using it for is a base layer under lipstick.

However, I do find it a little expensive for what it is. I was also really disappointed with the packaging. I purchased a cardboard tube. When I got home, I realized that the tube was all I purchased. There wasn't anything inside the tube. I returned it to the store and they replaced the tube with one that actually contained a lip balm inside. It really bothers that for the high cost of the product, it can't be packaged in a way that is a bit more tamper-proof.

I might repurchase. I'm undecided right now.

For a tinted lip balm, this is on the pricier side. That being said, this happens to be a quality product. The balm is moisturizing and glides on smoothly. The pigment is moderate to sheer, not as dark as I originally believed it was going to be. You can apply it a couple times without looking cakey. Beware if your lips are really chapped though, you are going to need to apply a heavier lip balm first, then apply this one. This is not as moisturizing as the original Burt's Bees lip balms. The tube is very portable and does not uncap, which is a plus. Overall, this is a nice product which I would repurchase.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Although not as moisturizing as some, this does the job and the color is natural looking and not a blaring red like others. The looks of a lip balm container is not important to me as its usually in my purse. Use under my lipsticks to add a little more depth to the sheerer lipstick colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees lip balms but this failed to impress me. As a general lip balm, it's okay if you don't need something very moisturising, it's light and smells/tastes pleasant enough. I picked this shade because it was the darkest one but you can barely see it on my lips, except when I accidentaly over-apply and it goes out of the lipline. So for the extra money I don't think it's worth it. I also don't understand the excess packaging with that pointless cardboard tube and the plastic tube inside is so ugly. Wouldn't buy again.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products