October 25, 2014 | 1016 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Makeuppro5sugarbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brush ever ! It's fits my cheekbones perfectly and applys blush So flawlessly the size is perfect and the bristles are so soft the product glides on so easily and perfect this brush is my favourite out off all of the real techniques line :)) amazing brush I really recommend !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I can't believe I'm giving this brand a negative review. I absolutely adore Real Technique brushes and own almost all of them. This blush brush intrigued me because of the unique shape. I have a HG blush brush from a different brand which is an angled brush so I really didn't need another blush brush but I had to get it to check it out. The brush itself is still consistent with the brand's quality. This brush is built strong, sturdy and doesn't shed. I have my problem with the size of the brush. I have an oval face with slim sides and no prominent cheekbones. This brush is too soft and too big to apply blush to my cheeks. Because the bristles are is so soft, it doesn't pick up enough pigment. Also, the large head just applies product all over the sides of my face! I've tried to work with this brush several times before I called it quits.
Two Lippies are for: 1. Price 2. Quality Made

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- doesn't shed
- tapered

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: This is large for blush (obviously), but I love using it for contouring. It looks much more natural when using a brush that's more on the fluffy side and this one is perfect. I also love that it's tapered and can be used for setting powder, as well.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! My perfect blush brush. This brush is amazing! I just dip a side of this brush into my blush and gently dab it on my cheeks. So very soft and nicely tapered. So perfect I wish I bought it sooner. This beats every other blush brush I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by maymakeup24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect brush for applying blush!! gives you a nice application, not too concentrated which i love. Overall just a really nice brush, especially for the small price tag!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I really don't like these RT brushes. This one is too soft to pick up powder blush and I end up having to swirl it over the pan several times. And it doesn't apply precisely enough. The only one in the range I actually like is the face brush (foundation).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My favorite blush brush ever. It's thick and big and comes to a point at the end. It's perfect for blush and even setting powder under the eyes. It's super soft and gentle and doesn't shed.

This is my favorite brush from them along with the Powder brush. I get so much use out of them. I use them for almost anything. They are very multi-purpose.

Every brush in this line is amazing quality and under $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's too big for my face to apply blush but I love it for my setting powder. But You don't have to use it for blush... I use the RT multi-task brush for my blush because its smaller. This brush is super soft, applies makeup well and affordable. And the best part is it's easy to clean, and dries extremely fast!!! Faster than my ecotools, Mac or sephora brushes! In Canada this brush retails for $8-10 at London drugs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always feel like I have a large face, but this brush makes my face feels small because it's so big for a blush brush. I definitely get the design, since it's domed and very good for fluffing and blending out extremely pigmented blushes.

I honestly bought it for a powder brush because it's so huge! I definitely use lesser product (I'm using innisfree no sebum mineral pact) with this brush, to mattify and set my liquid foundation.

I feel that this brush is getting bad reviews, just because it's called a blush brush. Who said you need to use a blush brush to put on blush? Who said you can't use a blush brush to put on other powder products. There's no rule in this, I have bought this for a whole different purpose, since I found the powder brush to be too expensive for my liking and this was in the right size. (It's like people rave about the ELF powder brush to be a good liquid foundation brush soooo...)

I definitely don't picture myself using this as a blush brush since I have my favorite SASA blush brush still working really well.

I would repurchase once it has reached its maximum wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just couldn't get this to work for me. I have a small face and this brush was so huge that it was a challenge to get precise placement. Yes, it's cheap. Yes, it's soft. Yes, it has a celebrity name attached to it. But it provided only a barely-there wash of color and was using a huge amount of product to get that. This just isn't efficient or precise. And I'm experienced with brushes. I can't image being in my teens and new to makeup and using this successfully. If you can afford to spend more the Hakuhodo Basic line blush brush with the round and flat head is amazing (about $40 and their web site is very good and has paypal.) For a synthetic blush brush I also like the Illamasqua round blush brush from Sephora or Nordstsrom (not the flat, angled one which is too narrow); it is about $40, too. For a cheap option a Sonia Kashuk blush brush from Target is superior to the RT one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No