Revlon Nail Enamel - Blue Lagoon

2.6

on 11/16/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The colour is gorgeous but the formula is awful. I have a bunch of revlon nail polishes and their formula is decent but for some reason this colour needs a LOT of work to get an even opaque colour. Its really sheer and uneven and streaky so you need to gloop it on to make it even and wait ages for it to dry. Its abysmal quality but the colour is so lovely once you finally get it to work that I don't regret purchasing it. I'm an NC43.

on 11/1/2011 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved this color in the bottle and generally find Revlon polishes to be good quality. This, however, was an exception. I was very careful and still could not get this to go on without being streaky, lumpy, and uneven. The finish is also very matte and just not very nice to look at. I saw some lovely blue glitter in the bottle and it didn't show up at all on my nails. It also takes forever and a day to dry. I got a smudge literally two full hours after I did my nails with it, with only two coats on. Garbage. A+ for color, D for quality. I just left the lid off and let it dry out a bit to use as a Konad color instead. Works just fine for that.

on 10/8/2011 6:36:00 AM

Blue lagoon is a beautiful color. I tried 3 times to apply this and get it even, but stopped at 3 coats of color each time. The polish streaked and color was thin in spots. I tried light coats to thick coats, no matter which technique, the end result was streaky color. I use base & top coat. Since I tend to look at my hands a lot while working, streaky color drives me batty. This bottle bit the waste basket.

on 9/24/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it It is a amazing color and formula I only needed two coats if you can find it I recommend trying it its amazing wasnt thick or streaky

beautiful color terrible formula....thick but streaky
it needs 3 coats for opacity and by then it is way to thick and never dries, i love the sparkles in it but the polish is so annoying to apply that i dont have the patience...even witch seche vite over it doesnt look good and i still got dents a full 24 hours later..rediculous

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was VERY dry and goopy. I loved the color, but it was very sticky when applying even my first coat. It has a rough texture, you will definitely need a top coat with this one. Being so dry, it chips and peels easily. If you love this color I recommend going with a different brand. I've added a picture of the final product, I used glitter top coat and a bow to hide the imperfections.

on 6/22/2011 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely colour, but not a fan of the lump formulation, agree with the reviewers below me.

Don't be fooled by the color! I've been DYING for this shade of blue and when I saw it at Walgreens I was more than eager to purchase it.

When I applied a thin layer on like i usually do, it just clumped and streaked and didnt apply evenly. When I tried applying a thicker layer, it just became a sticky, clumpy mess.

This color is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS but the formula is terrible. The outcome is extremely lumpy and it just looks kinda nasty.

I will NOT purchase this ever again... or recommend it

on 6/1/2011 11:27:00 PM

This polish was a dream come true. The only other blue like it that I was seeing in the stores was by Hard Candy which was cheap and hard to work with. Blue Lagoon is that robin's egg Spring blue that grabs my heart. 2 coats and I was good to go. I love the slight shimmer in the cream base-good depth and coverage. This is a major complement getter as well. 5 stars all the way.

on 5/28/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This nailpolish drew me in because of the beautiful color, it was the only drugstore nailpolish I could find in that color. I didn't really like this nailpolish. It went on streaky and the finish is terrible, it looks rough. You need a top coat for a better look and since my seche vite ran out, it makes having this on my nails difficult. It tool at least three coats to get it's true color with out streaking. I will not repurchase this again, in fact I may even return it.

Popular Polishes