April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me preface this whole review by stating one simple fact: I am in love. I purchased a big tub of this stuff to use primarily as a way to treat and fade some old scars that I have. I knew petroleum jelly would help, but I figured the added benefits of cocoa butter would make it that more effective. It smells amazing so I don't mind having it on my skin, and it also works for pretty much anything else, like others have stated here -- lip conditioning, dry feet and elbows, stretch marks. This stuff is great.

Also, the packaging is perfect. The lid flips open so that it's easy to use, and I think the rounded shape of the jar is really cute and aesthetically pleasing.

It's going to take me forever to use this up, but when I do, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is really awesome! I always kept a tub of regular Vaseline in the house, but it has been totally abandoned it for this wonder. Something about the addition of cocoa butter makes this better. It's less greasy and more absorbent. I use this on my lips after showering, on my feet after lotion to seal in moisture, and as a eye makeup remover. The big tub will last me a long time, but I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a runner and live in a cold climate so this product is great for everything. I use it on my feet before I go running to keep from getting blisters and also to help soften the heels. Also use on my legs as they get very dry in the winter. The smell is amazing. Inexpensive and just a realible staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I have used the original Vaseline to remove my eye makeup for years...which probably explains the reason that I'm 40 and have very few lines around my eyes. I use this every night to remove my waterproof mascara, and it works like a charm (let it sit on your lashes for a few minutes to soften it up so it wipes away). I have found that it keeps my eyelashes long and lush as well. When my face is extra dry, I dampen my face and then put a THIN coat of this...I wake up with soft, plump skin. No, it doesn't "moisturize"..it provides a barrier that keeps the moisture in your skin. Also, the molecule in vaseline is larger than your pore, so in theory this shouldn't have the ability to clog your pores. In fact, I've never had a problem with clogged pores when I use Vaseline.
I know people have all kinds of reasons for hatin' on Vaseline, but, it's been good to me and I will continue to use it and love it. It's cheap, the cocoa version smells really good, it does exactly what I want it to do and it doesn't break me out..the same can't be said for a lot of other products that I've used that cost a whole lot more. I <3 Vaseline! :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the pocket-size Vaseline with Cocoa Butter. I only gave it 2 stars because the package says it gives you "soft, glowing lips". My other lip balms all give my lips a nice sheen but this one just looks dull on me. The only thing I really liked is the chocolate scent. I will probably keep this one in my beach bag and use it occasionally but will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is the best when it comes to foot cream. It works better than plain vaseline, and better than plain cocoa butter lotion as well. It's soft and smells very nice! A little goes a long way, and it's super cheap.

It's too greasy for anything other than feet, and maybe lips, though. I have to put socks on after I use it on my feet, unless I want to slip all over my tile. After I apply it to my feet, I have to wash my hands at least twice before it starts to come off.

So, I give it 5 stars, because it's great for what I use it for (foot treatment).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a HG moisturizer for me. I had an old Blistex jar that was empty and I put the Vaseline Cocoa Butter in it so I could carry it around better (giant tubs are not very portable lol!). In addition to using it during the day, I put it on my lips at night to make them baby soft the next morning, and I also put it on the backs of my hands in the winter to stop flaking from the dry air. It works wonders and smells delish. The cocoa butter makes it softer (easier to apply) and more moisturizing than the original Vaseline!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

So I got this in the little jar for the lips & I simply love this!!! I use this on my lips every night before I go to bed & wake up to soft glowing lips :) Only thing I dislike is the little jar since I have long nails some of the product gets under my nails which gets annoying but that doesn't make me not want to still use this lol. I have tried many lip balms etc & I always always go back to vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product saved my skin! I suffer from really bad rosacea during the cold winter months so my skin is dry but also very acne prone. This thing was a miracle worker. Not only did it remove the redness from the rosacea on my cheeks but it made my face so soft! It hasn't bought any new breakouts and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I had tried so many creams even some recommended by dermatologists like Elta M.D. and Cetaphil and CeraVe and nothing has worked as good as this $3 jar of Vaseline. It's amazing! I will continue to buy this forever now and I will recommend to all my friends especially the ones I have serious skin problems like I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this stuff! It can be used for an assortment of reasons: lip balm, moisturizer on elbows/knees/any other extremely dry spots, eye make-up remover, eyelash moisturizer, under eye cream, cuticle moisturizer, a nightly treatment for feet...the possibilities are endless. Well unless you try to eat it, obviously.

The smell is lovely and subtle enough where you don't smell it all day, the container it comes in has a cute flip top for easy access, and the price is extremely reasonable. Best of all it lasts forever, even if you find every reason in the universe to use it such as I have. My bff put a container in my Christmas gift set and I'm not even halfway through the one I have now so I'm excited for how cost effective it's gonna be for me. When I DO run out though, I am going to repurchase.