July 28, 2014 | 2043 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does a great job of removing my makeup and getting my face clean, but it does seem to leave me quite dry, which is why I only gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. It is a very thick oil (think SAE 50 motor oil consistency) that you massage onto your dry skin, massage, then add some warm water to form a milky emulsion, then rinse thoroughly. It cleanses thoroughly and smells nice, but can be a little difficult to use. My skin is normal to dry, and this does tend to dry me out. It removes my makeup, but for some reason I'm just not in love with it. I don't dislike it either. Undecided if I will repurchase or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. My skin has sundamage and I am 54 years old. This has made the rough texture of my skin feel soft and soothed. It is thick and I apply a coating then with a warm washcloth wash in circular motion then I rinse clean. I dont know how this would be on younger skin but has wonderful results for this old bird. I cant wait to try more josie maran products

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't love this product, but i don't hate it. I actually only use it because it doesn't break me out and I'm scared to try something that might. i have oily skin and this doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't help it. It gets off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling good after i wash it. I'm pretty neutral on this product. I did just buy another bottle, because i was running low. The packaging isn't great, i broke and spilt everywhere. It's gentle. The price is a little expensive but there are a lot others that are much costlier.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tried a sample of this oil cleanser. It was my first try at using an oil cleanser. First, off it smells amazing! I love the fresh scent. Second, I found this to be very thick for being a cleansing oil. It broke down most of my makeup, none of it was waterproof except for my Mally liner. It did lack the strength to get off all of my mascara and eyeliner. The name is a bit deceiving. The main ingredient is not argan oil it is cheap safflower oil and sunflower oil. Argan is about 5th on the list of ingredients. Did you know companies are required by law to list ingredients by volume? So the first ingredients on the list make up the main ingredients or the majority ingredients in a product. You could make a vat of this oil yourself for a fraction of the price. Dont invest this kind of money to rub oil on your face that you would fry your food in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is the best cleansing oil I've ever used.
I first got a sample at Sephora, and once I finished it I went to the store to buy the full-sized bottle. It smells delicious, leaves the skin cleansed and moisturized, and does not irritate any area of my skin. I use it frequently to remove my eye makeup. It works almost instantly! And it causes no problems at all for me and my sensitive eyes.
The minute I'm getting low, I'll buy another bottle of this magic oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible product. Instead of removing any eye makeup -- non waterproof -- it clumped my lashes together. It's extremely thick, and it feels like it sticks to the skin rather than removing anything. I felt like I had to scrub my face to remove this and then follow up with another cleanser to remove anything else.
It gets two lipsticks because it's not drying, and it smells nice. Otherwise it's awful. I would not recommend, and I returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a disclaimer I will announce now that I don't just love to use a cleansing oil. I have tried others and the only one so far I like is Dermalogica but generally it's just not my cup of tea. Moving on, I wanted to love this but it was so heavy and thick. I felt it pulled at my eyes and sat on top of my skin. It also didn't seem to remove all my make up. I did experience some cystic breakouts after using which I'm not sure I can attribute to a reaction to the oil or a it's lack of removing dirt and makeup. Either way, nope I wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product is great, but the packaging is TERRIBLE. It broke after a week and the oil started coming out from all over the bottle. It is also very expensive. I used to have really dry skin and this helped but I have normal skin now so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleansing oil, this is the first one I've tried, and I am reluctant to change brands due to my sensitive skin. I was hesitant to try it at first based on my thoughts of how can an oil clean oil and makeup off my face? It has definitely helped in clearing some of my acne, and it has not upset my sensitive skin. I am on my 3rd bottle, and will continue to purchase. I wish it was more affordable, but I am pleased enough with it, and it lasts long enough, that I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

** UPDATED REVIEW ** So after eliminating various products, I realize that this cleanser is not drying my skin out at all! My skin feels softened and deeply cleansed, but not stripped. I haven't broken out at all from this cleanser (which was my main worry) so that is a big deal for me. The broken bottle irritated me so now I feel I am using way too much product as I have to pour it out into my palm rather than using the pump, but other than that this cleanser is really nice. I will buy this again!

** ORIGINAL REVIEW** I love the way this smells, love the way this feels when first applied but unfortunately this leaves my skin so dry that I have to slather on thick moisturizer afterwards to avoid the inevitable tautness. My skin is dry on my cheeks and oily an on my nose and chin (and sometimes my forehead) so it made my dry areas so much drier and made my oily areas feel a little taut.

I have been using a drying sunscreen (Shiseido's Anessa Perfect SPF 50) which could be making things worse, but I have stopped using that to try to get to the bottom of this dryness.

I really want to be able to say that this is a fantastic cleanser...the ingredients are great for skin and I love Josie's ethics regarding her products. I will update this review if I find that it is my sunscreen contributing to my dryness and not this cleanser. I don't use this around my eyes (I do use a separate eye makeup remover) so I don't experience the tugging of skin when massaging this in as other reviewers have mentioned.

I use 5 pumps over my whole face, massage for several seconds, add water, massage again, then rinse. I don't find this is too thick to spread, I actually like how this feels. If it is this cleanser causing my excessive dryness then I won't be buying again.

**UPDATE** The pump on my bottle has broken, after only a few days' use. I now have to tip out a handful of the oil into my palm in order to spread on my face, which gets the product everywhere. I was enjoying using this oil up until now!