September 17, 2014 | 1830 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this as a sample, but I can definitively say that this is much oilier than some of the other oil cleansers that I have tried. This does not wash off completely and I feel like there is a film on my face when I use it. On the other hand, the scent of this oil is very lovely. This would be ok as a makeup remover, but not so much as a cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence for this one. It's not bad but it's not that good either. Does a good job removing makeup in general (as most cleansing oils are) but not so much at removing mascara and long wearing eyeliners. While it smells nice, I find the texture a bit too thick for my liking, and much prefer the fluidness of Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (which works better at removing eye makeup). It also seems to leave some residue on my skin. Maybe it's argan oil, which might be a good thing for my dry skin but I don't think I'll be revisiting this for a long while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does a great job of removing my makeup and getting my face clean, but it does seem to leave me quite dry, which is why I only gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. It is a very thick oil (think SAE 50 motor oil consistency) that you massage onto your dry skin, massage, then add some warm water to form a milky emulsion, then rinse thoroughly. It cleanses thoroughly and smells nice, but can be a little difficult to use. My skin is normal to dry, and this does tend to dry me out. It removes my makeup, but for some reason I'm just not in love with it. I don't dislike it either. Undecided if I will repurchase or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. My skin has sundamage and I am 54 years old. This has made the rough texture of my skin feel soft and soothed. It is thick and I apply a coating then with a warm washcloth wash in circular motion then I rinse clean. I dont know how this would be on younger skin but has wonderful results for this old bird. I cant wait to try more josie maran products

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't love this product, but i don't hate it. I actually only use it because it doesn't break me out and I'm scared to try something that might. i have oily skin and this doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't help it. It gets off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling good after i wash it. I'm pretty neutral on this product. I did just buy another bottle, because i was running low. The packaging isn't great, i broke and spilt everywhere. It's gentle. The price is a little expensive but there are a lot others that are much costlier.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tried a sample of this oil cleanser. It was my first try at using an oil cleanser. First, off it smells amazing! I love the fresh scent. Second, I found this to be very thick for being a cleansing oil. It broke down most of my makeup, none of it was waterproof except for my Mally liner. It did lack the strength to get off all of my mascara and eyeliner. The name is a bit deceiving. The main ingredient is not argan oil it is cheap safflower oil and sunflower oil. Argan is about 5th on the list of ingredients. Did you know companies are required by law to list ingredients by volume? So the first ingredients on the list make up the main ingredients or the majority ingredients in a product. You could make a vat of this oil yourself for a fraction of the price. Dont invest this kind of money to rub oil on your face that you would fry your food in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is the best cleansing oil I've ever used.
I first got a sample at Sephora, and once I finished it I went to the store to buy the full-sized bottle. It smells delicious, leaves the skin cleansed and moisturized, and does not irritate any area of my skin. I use it frequently to remove my eye makeup. It works almost instantly! And it causes no problems at all for me and my sensitive eyes.
The minute I'm getting low, I'll buy another bottle of this magic oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible product. Instead of removing any eye makeup -- non waterproof -- it clumped my lashes together. It's extremely thick, and it feels like it sticks to the skin rather than removing anything. I felt like I had to scrub my face to remove this and then follow up with another cleanser to remove anything else.
It gets two lipsticks because it's not drying, and it smells nice. Otherwise it's awful. I would not recommend, and I returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a disclaimer I will announce now that I don't just love to use a cleansing oil. I have tried others and the only one so far I like is Dermalogica but generally it's just not my cup of tea. Moving on, I wanted to love this but it was so heavy and thick. I felt it pulled at my eyes and sat on top of my skin. It also didn't seem to remove all my make up. I did experience some cystic breakouts after using which I'm not sure I can attribute to a reaction to the oil or a it's lack of removing dirt and makeup. Either way, nope I wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product is great, but the packaging is TERRIBLE. It broke after a week and the oil started coming out from all over the bottle. It is also very expensive. I used to have really dry skin and this helped but I have normal skin now so I will not repurchase.