August 23, 2014 | 1402 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen (Radiant Rose)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed and love a good highlighter that has peachy pink undertones as I use them as an under eye corrector. Originally I fell in love with the classic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 1, but then found a budget friendly drugstore Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant. When I heard MAC was adding their own version to the market, I had to try and went down to my local counter to purchase it. Radiant Rose works beautifully with my complexion, MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. The formula is creamy, silky, and blends easily into the skin. Sets without the need for powder and pairs beautifully with many of my fave concealers when used as an under eye corrector. Provides a good medium coverage for me and wears all day without fading, feeling or looking dry, and doesn't settle into those lovely fine lines and creases. Definitely brightens and illuminates without shimmer or glitter too.

Comparing MAC to Maybelline:
- Packaging - Both are packaged in a click style pen with an attached synthetic brush applicator. (I personally despise this packaging. I snip off the bristles with scissors for hygienic and comfort purposes and prefer using my own brushes or fingers for application/blending)
- Product amount - MAC 3.6ml/0.12 fl.oz with Maybelline 1.5ml/0.05fl.oz (and Yves Saint Laurent 2.5ml/0.1oz)
- Swatched side by side - MAC Radiant Rose is lighter and pinkier whereas Maybelline's Radiant is darker and more peachier.
- After - Maybelline when finished is tossed in the trash and MAC can be used towards their Back 2 MAC program

Personally I've converted and made the switch to MAC's Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen as it a wonderful product, great coverage, and meets my needs for an under eye corrector.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had it for few weeks now and I love it! I've tried bunch of under eye concealers/highlighters and this is currently my favorite. The price point is good compared to YSL#1 and I prefer the finish and color of the Mac. I thought it will be similar to Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant but this performs so much better. Maybelline is peachy Mac is pinky-er. It also doesn't sink into my fine lines and the blendability and the finish is so much better. It's a great highlighter if you are somewhere between NC20-30.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man, I wish more people knew about this product!

In comparison to the famous YSL Touche Eclat: This is cheaper by half but has more than twice the amount of the touche eclat! It has more coverage and is more brightening too. You can't beat this one for fair skin (I'm NC15-20). I hope MAC never discontinues because I'll be buying forever and ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this and I really like it! I use it under my eyes, on my forehead, down my nose and a bit on my chin. It really gives a certain glow and it highlights my under eye area which makes my face look so much fresher. I have thought about buying the touche eclat - but this is a whole lot cheaper and I'm satisfied! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a a great brightening product. It works as a color corrector with pinky undertones to lighten dark areas. It doesn't have these useless shimmer particles which i dislike. I use this either over or underneath my concealer and i find to have surprisingly l little creasing. The price/g is great in my opinion since similar products usually offer half the product for the same price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Mrsnaz

This is a really nice product for brightening the under eye area and as a general highlighter. Lovely colour and easy to blend. Don't like the packaging as I'm not a fan of click pens, I prefer to see how much product I have left! I apply this over my nw30 pro long wear concealer and it looks fab.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this highlighter, but like the Pro-Longwear concealer much better. This does a great job of brightening the under eye area, but can be drying and extra moisturizing is highly recommended. It's great to apply on the brow bone to give the illusion of lift. I've found the Pro-Longwear concealer stays put after applying and does a great job of concealing any dark spots. I might try the suggestion of mixing a little of the highlighter and NW20 concealer together.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by skygirl777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I am loving this! It was suggested to me by a MAC artist who said to mix it with the Mineralize concealer. I mix it with NW25 and it covers and illuminates beautifully, so pretty and fresh looking...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by tapestary

I was researching on this product on MUA, but was disheartened to find only 10 reviewers at that time. BUT all 10 of them gave optimistic opinions about it so I decided to go ahead and purchase mine=] n I'm SO GLAD I went ahead to get it!!!! This magic wand is amazing!! comes off liquid but allowed enough time to blend and finishes off as a semi-liquid/powdery finish. Try to visualize it as a "better-than-powder" highlighter that comes out of a click pen applicator. The price, to me, was kinda expensive considering it's amount and size, that's why I gave it 4 lippies. And as for the packaging, it took quite awhile for the product to actually be seen coming out of the brush at the first click, but subsequently it was fine. I was trying to be careful with not clicking more than once at first try cos I read alot about some of the noctorious reviews regards to the click pen type of applicator (some dispenses way too little, others way TOO MUCH). The colour payoff is fantastic! Love the way the pink tone is not too pink nor too light, and it's juz right for my NC15 skin (for ref, I'm NC15 with MAC Studio Sculpt concealer and using Dior SkinForever Fusion wear foundation in 012 - Linen).

True enough, just like some of the other reviewers of this product said, I skipped concealer under my eyes after using Radiant Rose in it's place. This product helps to maintain my undereye areas crease-free and fine lines-free throughout the day (more than 8 hr of wear). I love the overall effect when I add a touch of this highlighter on the bridge of my nose, a little on my cupid's bow, and under the arch of my eyebrows. My entire look became more radiant, healthy-looking, while at the same time natural. Happy that the amount dispensed each time is in small adequate amounts as it's true to the saying of "a little goes a long way". For this product, the effect is better seen when you layer on a lil at a time instead of lapping alot at one shot - easier to control the brightness that you want as well.

Quoting the makeup guru I followed (gossmakeupartist): For undereyes, go BRIGHTER instead of LIGHTER.

Kudos to this highlighter!! <3 <3 <3

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ptina78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SO I went to my Mac counter looking for a blush and a new concealer. The makeup artist took me straighter to the highlighter pen (mind you I was like what are you doing)...She put it on and OMG...I am in love!!! It is very natural and almost covers my dark circles alone. I will def be repurchasing this again. THANK YOU mac lady :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No