April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LaraThings

I cannot say anything good about this conditioner really. It smelled ok in the bottle, but my hair afterward smelled totally different. Plus it left it oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

**EDIT**
THIS IS HORRIBLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Leaves hair with a waxy film after about 4 days of use. Really gross.

First off,the only reason I gave it all 5s is because there are so many negative review.
With that being said, I have no idea why people are complaining about this. Not sure if they have changed the formula or what, but I really like this stuff

Smell: different from other Garnier hair products, lighter and frutier. Not unpleasant but I prefer more perfumier scents.

Product: consistency is thin but not watery goes on smooth but need quite a bit to cover all of the hai. Rinses out beautifully. I'm usually someone that prefers to leave in some of the conditioner bc i have curly hair, but that would defeat the purpose of buying this product bc of the anti residue claims. Lol anyways . Has little to no slip and rinses off completely with no residue. Keeps true to its word.
Makes MY hair shiny and bouncy.

Not sure if it's because I use a separate shampoo or its because I used the moroccan sleek hair oil afterwards but I had no bad experience with this conditioner.
If you are looking to buy this, I would try it out because it's cheap and worth i despite all the negative review.
At least on my hair it was.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Akienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the worst conditioner I have ever used in my life, and I have used Dollar Store conditioners.
It left my hair looking dull and greasy right after blow drying. I thought I hadn't fully blow dried my hair, but as it turned out it was just gunky product that was coating my hair.

I would not use, or recommend this product to anyone, no matter how cheap it is, it's just not worth the awful looking hair.
Avoid at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

Contrary to others' reviews, I really liked this. I've only used it twice so far. I'm willing to explore more of the Fructis line, now. Maybe it's the combination of shampoos that I use beforehand (Kerastase or Kiehl's), but the conditioner really makes my hair smooth and smells bright and fruity. I realized that conditioners can only do so much for my hair. The key for me was the right shampoo that doesn't strip my hair. That being said, I've got thick, long hair that is dry at the ends, so the slick layer that the conditioner leaves (which many people mentioned) works with my hair type. So far, I'm happy with this product...and even happier about the low price!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this with the shampoo when I went on vacation for a few days and didn't have my regular hair stuff. I figured, if I'm only going to use it for this few days and then go back to my regular shampoo/conditioner, why not choose biodegradable?

The shampoo was fine except for the smell, but this just was gross to me. I felt like my hair was coated with a thin layer of something after it dried. The smell of this bothered me as well. It smelled fine when I put it on in the shower, but once it was dried it really bothered me. I put some hairspray on my hair and it masked the smell, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

I gave this and the shampoo to my little brother (he has longer hair for a guy) because it really doesn't matter how sleek and shiny his hair feels. He'll probably buy again just because it's biodegradable and if you don't care how your hair feels, why not do some good for the earth?

This products definitely going on my, 'Never Buy Again' list.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel a lot better knowing I wasnt the only one with this problem! I hated this conditioner so much, I thought it was my hair going through a phase so I tried the shampoo and conditioner as soon as I saw the first commercial since it claims "No weigh down." It did just about the opposite. It sat in my bathroom for about a year and I cringed whenever I was forced to use it if there was nothing else. I tried watering it down- A LOT- still no difference. My brother loved it though, it really cleaned his hair nicely and he has the same hair as me. He still buys it to this day.. This shampoo/conditioner left me with nothing but greasy hair (that took about two weeks of using other shampoo to get out!!**) and tangled, ratty, disgusting looking hair.. I now have huge trust issues with shampoos.. really.. Insted I use Suave Professionals or Tresemme!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the silicone-free and "natural" aspects of this conditioner. What really sold me was the fruity, refreshing smell. It makes my hair smell great for DAYS. It doesn't build up, and I'm not sure if it's my shampoo not doing a good job, but whenever I use this all over my head, scalp to ends, it feels a wee bit greasy. It's perfect, however, if I use a regular conditioner near my scalp and this Garnier conditioner for the lower parts of my hair and ends, so I still get the benefits of all the oils in the conditioner and the wonderful scent lasting in my hair for days. I don't think I would buy this again, however ideally I'd have a conditioner that I could use for the entire head.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by kmdigian

I am a fan of Organix line and SLS free lines but I decided to give the Pure and Clean Fructis a try.......the absolute WORST conditioner I have ever used! The shampoo is fine, I have no problems with that but this conditioner should be pulled off the shelves immediately! I don't know what the company was thinking. I have easy to manage hair, it's not too thick, it's not too thin, it always has body and shine etc. I used the shampoo and conditioner, dried my hair and it was a horrid mess. It felt so weighed down which is funny because the bottles states " with no weigh down" and my hair separated into greasy looking pieces????? My husband asked if I had dried my hair completely and I over dryed it just to make sure it wasn't still wet. It felt as if I never rinsed the conditioner out and I made sure I rinsed very well because I read such horrible reviews on the conditioner (which should've been my red flag to return it) that I thought it can't be that bad and it was operator error, not the conditioner. Well, I was wrong, it's the worst conditioner ever! So please, save yourself the time and money and do not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm normally someone who only buys brands like Nature's Gate and Avalon Organics, but since this is somewhat "green"/paraben and 'cone free and was REALLY cheap I decided to give it a try. Initially, I LOVED the softness it added to my hair, but over time it gave me a strange buildup and made my hair really dull and dry. On the bright side, it adds an amazing amount of volume and beautiful texture to my fine, straight hair, even after getting that buildup. But I've discontinued it because I'm afraid of it doing some serious long-term damage in terms of dullness/drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

No no no.

In my quest to go paraben free I thought, 'why pay $18 for conditioner?' and decied to try garnier.

My 8 year old and I use the same shampoo and conditioner and I kept accusing her of not rinsing her hair enough. It looked greasy the same night as her shower. Greasy and weighed down, coated with something.

Then one day I spent an hour trying to dry my hair before I realized it wasn't wet but was coated with some kind of horrible greasy glop. I had encountered this once before with a L'oreal product. Sigh.

As much as I appreciate their attempts to go more natural, avoid this product line like the plague.