August 30, 2014 | 1790 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was horrible the consistincy is weird and thin. it didn't even de tangle my hair I hate this stuff. the shAmpoo is fine. but this stuff is weird..ill stick to my pureology volume conditioner. expensive but the best I've found ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like a couple of other reviewers mentioned, this makes my hair smell like fish. I don't know why. It works okay on my hair but after using it twice I noticed the fishy smell. My cat noticed it too cause he came up behind me last night and began licking my hair! I asked my co-worker today to smell my hair to see if it smelled and she said she could not detect a fishy smell. But I smell it! And so does my cat and we're all that matters...ha...so I won't be buying this again. Now what to do with my giant, barely-used bottle? Grrr. The Pure Clean shampoo is nice, though I can't be certain it's not what's causing the foul odor so I will experiment and try one without the other and see from where the smell originates. I suspect it is the conditioner though...polymers and what-have-you.

UPDATE 11/12/12: I tried just using the shampoo and there was no bad smell! I knew the conditioner was the culprit!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by 10vbrown

This conditioner almost makes me want to cry : (. I have very thin, almost pure straight, long hair and i absolutely loved the other regular garnier fructis shampoo and conditioner. But this pure clean stuff (although im sure wonderful for the environment) is horrible for my hair. My hair feels like it has a film of crap on top of it. It looks like i went a long day without washing it as soon as it dries. Also, before switching to pure clean my hair was so easy to detangle, but now im ripping out hair every 5 mins because the filmy crap likes to stick together. It just makes me so sad. My hair was my favorite thing about me. Definately not using it again, i've given it a month and it just keeps getting worse. Heard nice things for curls though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why all the negativity? Seriously, one of the best conditioners I've ever used. Maybe you all are using too much? Or maybe the formula is just more suited to curly hair. Not sure, but either way, used in conjunction with it's matching shampoo, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle rinse out, and a Garnier leave in conditioning cream, my hair looks and smells fabulous. Love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LaraThings

I cannot say anything good about this conditioner really. It smelled ok in the bottle, but my hair afterward smelled totally different. Plus it left it oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

**EDIT**
THIS IS HORRIBLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Leaves hair with a waxy film after about 4 days of use. Really gross.

First off,the only reason I gave it all 5s is because there are so many negative review.
With that being said, I have no idea why people are complaining about this. Not sure if they have changed the formula or what, but I really like this stuff

Smell: different from other Garnier hair products, lighter and frutier. Not unpleasant but I prefer more perfumier scents.

Product: consistency is thin but not watery goes on smooth but need quite a bit to cover all of the hai. Rinses out beautifully. I'm usually someone that prefers to leave in some of the conditioner bc i have curly hair, but that would defeat the purpose of buying this product bc of the anti residue claims. Lol anyways . Has little to no slip and rinses off completely with no residue. Keeps true to its word.
Makes MY hair shiny and bouncy.

Not sure if it's because I use a separate shampoo or its because I used the moroccan sleek hair oil afterwards but I had no bad experience with this conditioner.
If you are looking to buy this, I would try it out because it's cheap and worth i despite all the negative review.
At least on my hair it was.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Akienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the worst conditioner I have ever used in my life, and I have used Dollar Store conditioners.
It left my hair looking dull and greasy right after blow drying. I thought I hadn't fully blow dried my hair, but as it turned out it was just gunky product that was coating my hair.

I would not use, or recommend this product to anyone, no matter how cheap it is, it's just not worth the awful looking hair.
Avoid at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

Contrary to others' reviews, I really liked this. I've only used it twice so far. I'm willing to explore more of the Fructis line, now. Maybe it's the combination of shampoos that I use beforehand (Kerastase or Kiehl's), but the conditioner really makes my hair smooth and smells bright and fruity. I realized that conditioners can only do so much for my hair. The key for me was the right shampoo that doesn't strip my hair. That being said, I've got thick, long hair that is dry at the ends, so the slick layer that the conditioner leaves (which many people mentioned) works with my hair type. So far, I'm happy with this product...and even happier about the low price!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this with the shampoo when I went on vacation for a few days and didn't have my regular hair stuff. I figured, if I'm only going to use it for this few days and then go back to my regular shampoo/conditioner, why not choose biodegradable?

The shampoo was fine except for the smell, but this just was gross to me. I felt like my hair was coated with a thin layer of something after it dried. The smell of this bothered me as well. It smelled fine when I put it on in the shower, but once it was dried it really bothered me. I put some hairspray on my hair and it masked the smell, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

I gave this and the shampoo to my little brother (he has longer hair for a guy) because it really doesn't matter how sleek and shiny his hair feels. He'll probably buy again just because it's biodegradable and if you don't care how your hair feels, why not do some good for the earth?

This products definitely going on my, 'Never Buy Again' list.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel a lot better knowing I wasnt the only one with this problem! I hated this conditioner so much, I thought it was my hair going through a phase so I tried the shampoo and conditioner as soon as I saw the first commercial since it claims "No weigh down." It did just about the opposite. It sat in my bathroom for about a year and I cringed whenever I was forced to use it if there was nothing else. I tried watering it down- A LOT- still no difference. My brother loved it though, it really cleaned his hair nicely and he has the same hair as me. He still buys it to this day.. This shampoo/conditioner left me with nothing but greasy hair (that took about two weeks of using other shampoo to get out!!**) and tangled, ratty, disgusting looking hair.. I now have huge trust issues with shampoos.. really.. Insted I use Suave Professionals or Tresemme!