September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Polishes - Butter London - No More Waity Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by rosehillcottage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the name, but I love the unique colour of this! Yes, I agree with the reviewers below me that it does take 3 coats. But, hello? It's glitter! Glitter does take a few coats to apply to make it look even! If you use the Butter London base coat and topcoat this will last you a while. I would love to own a second bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by melissamitchell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I've got to bump these reviews up. I just purchased this polish and applied 3 coats. It's lovely! I don't understand the negative reviews. It did not apply goopy, or thick at all. The brush is great. Not as wide as OPI, and not as small as Essie, it's somewhere in between. It allowed for a perfect application. The color is so unique and I love it. I haven't tried removing it yet, but I'm expecting it to be difficult, after all it is a glitter. Get this polish from a reputable seller, I'm guessing the poor reviews were eBay purchases?? My polish seems nothing like what others are describing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So pretty and flattering, and as another reviewer said, this color is VERY unique. I really adore this. I can't understand all of the negative reviews. This polish applies well for me (it does need three coats, but that is NOT unheard-of in the nail polish world) and wears very well. Overall I am very impressed with this polish and it makes me want to purchase more Butter London stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

Okay, i'm going to be up front and honest with you ladies and say the only reason I wanted this polish was for the name. I'm obsessed with all things Middleton and wanted this more then I wanted to marry a prince myself! After it's debut, I searched and searched eBay for this precious gem. It was going for alot more then I was willing to spend, so I decided it was just not meant to be...So today I was strolling around my Ulta, and found this in the Butter London display. I sucked it up, and decided I would pay $14 for the polish (for the name....) The lady at the register said BLs are some of her favorite polishes. I have never tried them, Ulta is new in my area and I hate ordering things online. All day I starred at the bottle, literally. I thought it was a gorgeous color and couldn't wait to use it. Definitely extremely disappointed. I read on blogs it was a goopy disaster and was hoping since they re-released it they would do some work on the formula. Well ladies, it definitely is a goopy disaster. As others have said, I found it almost impossible to cover my entire nail bed. The first coat looks so sheer and nothing, second coat not to bad, and third coat it looks so thick and piled on. A good top coat did help a little, but i'm still not thrilled with the application process. I'm a horrible painter already and don't need any help from my polish! I'm going to thin it out then give it a whirl again. As far as removing goes, and wear i'm not sure since I just applied it. I do still LOVE the color, and think it is super unique. I give it a star for the name, a star for the color...and thats about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

One lippie for the completely unique color (lavender glitter suspended in a translucent grey jelly base), one lippie for the staying power (this lasted a week on my nails with only two miniscule chips), otherwise I think I have another contender for Worst Polish EVAR. Incredibly gloppy and thick, I had difficulty fully covering my nail beds with this polish...it was hard to push with the brush, and literally the consistency of wallpaper paste. Was a PITA to remove, too, even for a glitter polish. I'll try thinning it with polish thinner, but seeing as how practically everyone else had the same problems with this goopy, too-thick stuff, I won't repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know all the blogs and reviews say I should hate this polish, but I don't. I simply didn't have the same problems with it that others had. It's a jelly based polish so I was ready for sheer and was prepared to either layer it or put on extra coats. I also have a good base/topcoat combo that works for me so I didn't have chipping issues. What I do have is a color that stopped me in my tracks when I first spotted it. Love it!! It's not 100% up to Butter's normal standards as far as application, but it's worth it for this gorgeous color.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by 18psu55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I picked this up, I thought it was really pretty in a kind of unique way. However, with the first coat I applied you basically saw nothing. The color itself is this grey-ish color with purple glitter. But it took minimum three coats to get it to look like it was in the bottle. The glitter was also not as vibrant as you would have expected. This was not what made me so upset though, the polish chipped significantly the first day I wore it. Two days later, every nail had a huge chip or the tips had already worn off. I do not recommend this at all, totally not worth the price or hassle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess my bottle of NMWK looks different than everyone elses'. There's no huge chunky glitter (even if that was a bad thing...) It's pale silvery lavender glitter suspended in a jelly dusty lavenderish base. It's gorgeous! All of these negative reviews are just way off.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by craftyconsumer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the greige/purple color, and I think the glitter is subtle enough to wear this more often than you think. I don't think this is very girly as others stated and am really baffled by that. What little girl wears greige? Anyway, I apppreciate how little it stinks like other polishes because it's 3 free and I bought several other colors from butter London after trying this one. The formula is thick but this is way better than any other high end polish I've used-ahem Chanel (total crap). I would recommend this for a person who likes to experiment with their nails.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I love the name and color, but the formula was so thick it was tough to apply. This is a glitter polish so I wouldn't buy it if you don't love glitter. The color is a greyish purple with silver glitter. This took 3 coats to get an opaque look. Glad to have found this at ulta.