December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by AshaleeeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is ok, it doesnt smudge, waterproof... But i find its quite thick, which I dont personally like. I would buy it again, but not in a hurry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This was just alright for me. I have fine thin lashes that are long so am looking for a volumizing wp mascara. This one is not it. It just defines for me and coats each lash"one by one" but gives me no volume. I do get some flaking by the end of the day. Sigh. I'm a teacher and do not have time to be checking my makeup so need something that holds up.

I'm also contact lens wearer again. This is rather harsh on my contact lens and makes me aware I'm wearing them. Other mascaras don't do that for me.

I will be moving on to other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is similar to L'Oreal's Telescopic but this gives a nicer thicker lash than the anorexic lashes I got from Telescopic. They are not lush & thick but better than Telescopic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I have short, stubborn, point-straight-down, thin lashes and I like this mascara very much. It holds a curl, it doesn't really clump much and it doesn't smudge or flake. Lots of mascaras smudge on me, so this waterproof formula is pretty good.

I consider the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes in waterproof to be my favorite mascara, in part because I love the small curved "natural" bristle wand. The One-By-One's wand is plastic and shaped like an ellipse, which is pretty good for separating lashes but not the best for use on the lower lashes if you have nearly invisible lower lashes like I do. The One -By-One's formula is a bit more waterproof than the Colossal Cat Eyes' waterproof formula -- by this, I mean that Cat Eyes will smudge a tiny bit under my eyes, but also leaves my lashes a bit softer and is easier to remove. The One By One's waterproof fomula makes my lashes a bit more stiff and take a little longer to remove but will not smudge at all.

I'm glad I tried this mascara and like to use it as a topcoat over a layer of the Colossal Cat Eyes for added drama and volume and waterproofness/seal. I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Really good mascara - terrific lash separation with very few, if any, clumps. Nice length, but not much volume added. Volume is my third priority after separation and length, so this doesn't bother me too much. Truly waterproof and doesn't smudge when I sweat.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by emilyxkhiev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara didn't hold my curl, made my lashes look clumpy, and spidery with only ONE COAT, and it didn't really do anything to my lashes other than made it look spidery. The formula doesn't even go on the wand fully, a lot of product comes out on the stopper of the mascara tube, and you can see the clubs of mascara on the wand which probably why it made my lashes look horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by TheSnowPrincess

I keep repurchasing this mascara but be WARNED: Satin Black is NOT the same formula at all as Blackest Black (what I love and buy). Blackest black has a lovely formula and it makes my lashest look their prettiest. No clumping, no spidery lashes...just pretty, black lashes! Absolutely adore. For drugstore, this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by becavare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a little bit of background:
I have thin, straight, and fairly light (at least at the tips of my lashes) eyelashes. What I personally look for in a mascara is: volume, nice lash separation and even coating, if it will hold a curl and if it will last the whole day without flaking or waring off.

That being said, I absolutely LOVE this mascara. After years and years of trying out dozens of different mascaras, from drug store mascaras to high-end department store mascaras, I've finally found a mascara that delivers everything I want in a mascara and one that is truly worthy of a 5-star review. I have been buying this mascara over and over again (the water proof kind) since the first time I used it.
Before I even apply this mascara, I first apply one coat of Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator by Ardell. After this coat dries, I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler (this product by Ardell holds a curl wonderfully). I then use a card (from a deck of playing cards) and hold it up against my eyelid, right behind my lashes, and apply this mascara, starting from the outside of my lashes and working my way in, by wiggling the wand slighlty in an upward fashion beginning at the base of my lashes. (BTW, I used the card as a barrier when applying my mascara so that I don't get any on my eyelids). Depending on how much volume and how dark I want my lashes, I may or may not apply a second coat BEFORE my first coat has dried. This mascara takes wonderfully to a second coat, which will give you a more dramatic effect, but one coat of this mascara works beautifully. It separates my eyelashes perfectly, gives incredible volume, and my eyelashes are still left in a perfect curl. I usually will apply it in the afternoon (maybe around 1 pm or so, give or take) and it lasts all day with very minimal flaking by the end of the day.

Just a note: I have actually never used this product without first applying the Ardell product mentioned earlier, so I am not sure whether or not I would get the same results without it. Also, I have never used the non-waterproof kind, so this review is for the waterproof ONLY.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by TarinJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice mascara for my rather skimpy, light colored eyelashes. I have learned not to expect miraculous results from any mascara, so I do rate this one highly based on the fact that it gave a nice, natural look to my eyes and holds up well throughout the day. There is no smudging and only an occasional clump that can be easily brushed away before application. However, I have used two tubes of this mascara and on both tubes the rubber rim around the opening of the tube has loosened and come off with the brush when I unscrew the top. For that reason, I will most likely not purchase this product again. I find it to be on a par with CoverGirl's clumpcrusher mascara, so I will stick with that product from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I am in a pool approximately 7 hours a day and this doesn't smudge if I don't run my eyes. I like the natural look for work but wouldn't wear it if I was dressing up because I like a really voluminous look for that. Also can't beat 6 dollars for a great mascara!