October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by graycelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think this product is given as much credibility as it deserves!! I have been using the hot cloth cleanser for about three months now and it has made its way into my every day skin routine. I have found that this is simply the most gentle and lovely cleanser that removes absolutely all makeup and is even gentle on my eyes!!! It is relatively inexpensive from Target (vs my others- philosophy, murad, and origins- all faves!) and you get a very good amount for your money!
One thing I do not like about this is the muslin cloth that comes with it, I think it is rubbish so I just use a regular terry cloth face towel and warm water and prefer that method much better!
Check this product out if you can get your hands on it, it is quite lovely and well worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Totallytanny

I had come across No.7 hot cloth cleanser (£10) it sounded interested, spa luxury product at home at the affordable price. It have a very good review from people who had used it before so I thought I might give it a try too (I had a £5 voucher off), I paid £5 for it BARGAIN!!!

After a week of using this product I most say that Im not impress with it at all, I put a pump of the cleanser on to my hand and massage it over my (dry) skin, then run the cloth under comfortable hot water wring off the water. Then i remove the cleanser with the cloth it felt good at this point but after i remove all the cleanser of my skin, i feel that the cloth was little too scratchy for my skin and the product is so FRAGRANCED, the smell kind of put me off it as well.

Over all I donít think this product is for me I find the cloth is too scratchy for my skin and after finish cleaning it still leave me feel like I still have makeup left on my skin it dosent make my skin feel clean and also it had too much fragrance it rather make my feel a little sick from the smell.

Again this is just my opinion and my experience of using this product,AMAZING if this product work for you but it didnt work for me like i hope it would.

read more on my blog at http://totally-love-it.com/

Tanny xx

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read about the Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser in many beauty blogs but the price and shipping, etc has stopped me from actually purchasing it. I saw this when I was at Target one day and am in love! Apart from the muslin cloth (which is basically falling apart and was not of very good quality to begin with) I love the way this smells, feels and how my skin feels afterward. I loved this so much I bought it for my mom and my aunt for christmas. They love it equally!! My mother is 69 years old, has incredible skin for her age and this cleanser is her favorite and is her morning/night staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by deletetoast

I LOVE this cleanser!! It has quickly become what I use everyday! I've never really used a "hot cloth" cleanser before, and usually I go for the lighter gel-like cleansers that control breakouts. This cleanser is hypoallergenic, thick, creamy, smells a bit like cold cream, but has to be the best over-all moisturizing cleanser for the price. The cleanser is 6.7 oz and comes with a thin muslin cloth. I've had no trouble with the cloth, and use it when gently exfoliating my skin after cleansing my face in the shower. I've had no breakouts, no drying out, nothing bad at all! Just soft, smooth, moisturized skin! I already re-purchased a back up because I love it SO much!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteG

Leeaves my skin feeling so soft ! Very cheap especially with the £5 vouchers ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a product which works so well I tend to forget about it. I've used it for almost 2 years, ever since I decided to move on from foaming cleansers which dried out my skin. I like all my makeup to be removed at the end of the day and although I like a thorough cleanse I hate having to faff around with separate eye makeup removers and toners.

It's a thick whitish cream which melts in to dissolve all my makeup easily (including heavy eye makeup/liquid eyeliner). I don't have to scrub or tug at my skin for it to work. It rinses away cleanly after using a hot cloth and my skin is left feeling comfortable and residue-free. If I don't put on moisturiser for a couple of hours my skin doesn't get dry and tight like with other cleansers. I never wake up with panda eyes after using this. The pump dispenses the right amount and it's easy to travel with. There's a very subtle creamy floral scent to it (a lot less strident than Liz Earle C&P).

My one criticism is that the supplied cloths are thin and a little scratchy. They also don't hold the heat in well. I prefer to use muslin cloths from The Body Shop or facecloths.

I find one container (200ml) lasts 4-5 months with once daily use. It costs around Ä12 but I usually get it with Boots vouchers, making it fantastic value.

I've also used Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish (which, let's face it, the No7 cleanser is a pretty direct copy of) and I found the C&P had a strong eucalyptus scent (quite like Olbas oil) and required more working into the skin and more product. Another similar product is The Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser which I think is the most inferior one I've tried.

Overall this is a brilliantly effective, gentle cleanser at a great price which I think would suit most skin types.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Basilic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser so far. I've tried Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish but annoyingly it irritated my sensitive skin, then I tried Soap & Glory's Fab Pore Cleanser which was nice but a little greasy, so it sometimes gave me spots.
This one is rich but doesn't clog my pores and leaves my skin super soft. The thick, creamy formula should see my skin through the harsh winter ahead but I would probably switch to something lighter in the warmer months. The packaging is very clever - the pump dispenses the perfect amount and pushes all the product up and out so nothing is wasted. Great value at £9 for 200ml.
Some might say this cleanser is a bit plain and simple - no essential oils etc - but that seems to work best for me. Despite the moisturising feel of this product, my combination skin feels balanced.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

If I had to sum it up it would be 'I expected more'

I googled the ingredients list and it's not great. The only one which wasn't bulk, filler, to adjust the PH etc was Shea Butter and that's about it.

It's maybe a little bit moisturising so not too heavy if you have problem skin. If you do wait for the £5 off promos and then it's just £5.

Seems to remove make-up ok but you do need quite a bit so it doesn't last as long as you'd think. Should also point out that I double cleanse with a microfibre cloth.

It cleans, doesn't clog, doesn't dry out your skinbut Doesn't do anything else. Bit like the Cetaphil of Hot cloth cleansers. I bought a few with the £5 off offer and wish I hadn't. Other cleansers do far more. Prefer Nick Lowe's Secret is Out Cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My method: instead of dipping the cloth in hot water and laying over the face to open the pores after rubbing the cleanser in, I rub the cleanser in and then steam my face over a bowl of hot water. I find this is a much more effective method of opening the pores so the cleanser can really get in there and cleanse. I didnít have high hopes for it at all and I bought it blind without checking reviews on MUA. I was surprised to find that I seriously noticed a difference in my skin, it looks and feels amazing (even with my acne scars lol). I really think that my skin is in the best condition itís been in years, it looks and feels so supple. After the first use most of the blackheads on the sides of my nose had vanished. My skin felt baby smooth, much more smoother than when I use sugar for example, which is my usual method of exfoliation (which I will now abandon after discovering this cleanser!). It doesnít dry my skin out and it makes my skin feel just like it did when I had a few sessions of microdermabrasion. I canít vouch for the effectiveness of its makeup removal because I always use a separate makeup remover first, just to make sure itís all gone. I know some people have said they wouldnít recommend this for oily skin but I have extremely oily, acne prone skin Ė I have to blot my skin maybe every two hours on a normal day and I can use this without having any breakouts from it at all. In fact, I think this has helped with my acne but as always, YMMV. People may not have been removing it properly with the muslin cloth which may have resulted in breakouts. I dunk the cloth in hot water about three or four times throughout the cleansing process to give it a little rinse which helps get all the cleanser off. I have to add that I would not use this every day, maybe every other day at most. I find that when I over exfoliate my skin gets all flaky and dry so just like normal exfoliators, I wouldnít use this every day.
I absolutely love the packaging housing the product. The box looks very simple and I like that it looks expensive and professional. The cleanser itself is in a clear pump tube (great to see how much is left!) which is airtight and hygienic and thatís something I love because I can get every last drop out of the tube without any hassle. I also love that it dispenses just the right amount of product in one pump, not like some pump products that dispense way too much to the point that it becomes a waste. The cleanser is beautifully creamy but not too thick that it canít easily be spread around the face. The muslin cloth it comes with, I wouldnít say itís the best muslin cloth on the planet by any means but it really does do the job of exfoliation very well so I donít see any need to replace it with a better one. Unless of course you already own a better one. But I really recommend steaming the face over a bowl of hot water instead using the cloth to bring heat to the cleansing process because it really doesnít do much at all. I find the whole experience very relaxing and soothing. As for washing the cloth after every use Ė I just rinse it under the tap and pop it on a rail to dry it. Thankfully it dries quickly.
Price - £9 for 200mls or £4 with the No. 7 voucher (which is what I used). I found that with the voucher it was a VERY reasonable price and I would definitely repurchase with the voucher. However, at full priceÖ I would be hesitant, purely because Iím not the type to spend a lot on a makeup cleanser. I have seen Superdrugís own version of a hot cloth cleanser on the shelves and I think itís about £5, so I will try that after I finish the No. 7 one and if I donít like it then I will definitely be repurchasing the No. 7 one at full price.
Havenít tried the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser but to be honest, I donít think I will bother. This one is fantastic and Iím happy with it, already got two back ups.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first hot cloth cleanser I've tried and since I like it, I gave it a 4. I'm always looking for something easy to use at the end of the day that cleans well, but doesn't leave my skin parched and tight. This is a rich white cream with a faintly soapy smell to it and one pump is enough for my entire face. It is somewhat relaxing to close my eyes and lay the cloth on my face and just let everything melt away. It does a decent job of removing my makeup -- no heavy eye makeup, just foundation, blush, powder, mascara. I do follow up with a toner to make sure everything's gone. But I'd do that no matter what cleanser I used.

While I'm sure there are better muslin cloths out there (and I may try a couple of those), I like the fact that using the cloth negates the need for lots of splashing of water to rinse my face, which always ends up running down my arms to my elbows and making my sink a mess. It's easier to get all the cleanser off with the cloth than just splashing water. I could use a regular wash cloth, but I like that the muslin dries more quickly. I have combo skin and haven't noticed any breakouts from using this product.

Love, love, love the see-through pump bottle where everything gets pushed up as the bottle empties. Why aren't all pumps like this? Price is really good if you buy when Boots runs their £5.00 off vouchers. Then it's only £4.50, which is pretty good for 200 mL. I don't know if I'd pay the £9.50 full price for a cleanser. But I'd definitely repurchase when it's on special.