Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion

3.2

on 8/31/2011 2:15:00 AM

I bought this night cream due to the added vitamins. The previous night cream I was using was a very basic moisturizer and I just wanted a bit more nourishment for my face at night. Well right off the bat the first thing I noticed was the very strong smell the cream had. The scent didn't really irritate me that much, but to someone that is very sensitive to certain types of smells, this might not be for you.
The cream is also so rich that when you apply it you may need to rub it into your face a bit more than you would usually to evenly distribute it.
It pretty much does it's job and made my face very smooth and hydrated in the morning. However, after a couple of weeks of use, I've noticed that I've been breaking out very slowly and small bumps have a appeared on my cheeks.
I will not continue to use this product and would not recommend this produce to anyone with sensitive or even slightly sensitive skin.

on 8/26/2011 7:27:00 PM

This product didn't wow me. It's not a bad product as it did not break out or irritate my sensitive skin, but I feel that this product doesn't do anything for me. The smell was a bit strong, but it eventually goes away so it did not bother me the whole night while I was sleeping. I have dry skin with some dry patches on my cheeks and the area between my brows. When I woke up in the morning, my skin was still somewhat dry and the flakiness is still there. I purchased it for $15 and for me, a drug store product at that price is considered a bit pricey. I expect it to at least hydrate my skin. If I have to splurge, I rather turn to higher end moisturizers. I think this product would be more appropriate for normal to oily skin people because it's too light for people with dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a new user to nighttime moisturizers. So I can say I was somewhat skeptical when I bought this. I didn't expect it to work I thought it was just going to be some new thick greasy cream I gotta leave on my face all night and be stuck with the heavy feeling goop. I was so wrong! This cream is awesome! Not greasy at all! It's also very fast absorbing which I love. No hassle, just apply and done. The very first night I used this I noticed an immediate difference when I woke up the next morning. My skin actually looked like it was glowing for once without makeup. I also noticed my pores were less visible and my skin felt tighter. I have a scar from an old injury on my face about an inch away from my left eye and it seems to have smoothed that out also! It's also less red looking and not as noticeable anymore. I do have oily breakout prone skin and this has not caused any more oilyness or breakouts for me.

on 7/14/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do have fairly sensitive skin and went for this because of the oatmeal and natural, anti-aging ingredients. Really love this product - it didn't irritate my skin, and the moisture it provides seems even to have gotten rid of some little bumps that a beauty store salesperson told me once were due to lack moisture. I have been using this for about a month and a half and have noticed from pretty early that my skin looks healthier, brighter, tighter, younger, etc. I find I don't need to use much at all, which is probably why I don't have the complaints others have about its greasiness. Ironically, this works so well despite its low price (for a night cream), that I'm tempted to try an expensive cream just because this product has so boosted my confidence in the potential of night creams!

on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So basically, I went to Target to get a moisturizer for my chin. Since I ate something and had a full on allergic reaction to it. So my chin was dry, flaky, raw, and in so much pain. I didn't know what to do. All my other moisturizers were for my comination/oily skin. So it didn't do much for me at the time. Plus they would burn after I put it on. (That didn't happen with this moisturizer.) I could apply 5 layers of moisturizer on and it would still be dry and raw. So when I saw this, I thought what the heck. So I bought the nightime one (more moisture) and the day time one. Combined with washing my face with oatmeal (youtube videos) and putting this on at night, it made my chin go back to normal. I used it for one night and saw a difference the next morning. And after a few days, I was back to normal! I still use this everynight, a little goes a long way. It can take a while to sink in and will look greasy, but you're going to bed anyways. So who cares. I haven't broken out from it and it hasn't made my skin any oilier. The smell is amazing by the way.
The packaging is nice, compared to the box, i thought it would be a lot bigger. But you don't need a lot. It will last a while. would recommend this product to anyone who has very dry skin, or just wants moitsure at night. (:

on 7/11/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As always, trying different things on my skin. Now that winter is over, I was looking for a slightly lighter nighttime moisturizer and thought I'd give this a whirl. Nice little tub sits easily on the counter, use a spatula so I don't contaminate the ingredients, cap screws down tight, and not terribly expensive.

I love the smell, the texture is great, it sinks right it and doesn't greaseball my pillow. Doesn't leave that *tight* feeling behind the way many "natural" creams can (Desert Essence comes to mind). But....

After about a week of use, I noticed the skin along my jawline getting this weird lizard-skin feeling. I shrugged it off to changes in the weather (and continued to use the Aveeno). Well, the lizardy feeling started creeping up my face all the way to my cheekbones, and was accompanied by a slightly burning feeling as well.

Overexfoliation? No. Funky weather? No. What's changed? Ah, yes, I've been using the Aveeno moisturizer at night.

Stopped using the Aveeno, used cortizone on the lizard skin, and after almost two weeks, it's finally gone back to my normal skin. I use the Aveeno on my arms and legs and chest because I love the smell, but it's a bit overpriced ($12.99) for a body cream. Too bad, I really liked everything about it...except the turning-into-a-lizard part.

I should not that I do *not* have sensitive skin...I've been known to use straight EVOO and coconut oil on my face, along with some types of cleansers that burn the hell out of other people. There's something in this cream that my face does not like, unfortunately. I would say shy away if you have sensitive skin, because I don't, and my skin reacted horribly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this nighttime cream. I would use it every night and woke up to the most beautiful glowing skin in the world! Sadly it runs out very fast! I haven't gotten a new one since it is pretty expensive for such a small jar. And I don't know how my skin would react since it's used to my current products.

on 6/12/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

For a relatively expensive drugstore night cream ($15.59), this is not a very good product. The cream is rich, certainly, but it takes forever to sink in and absorb into my skin. Most nights, it just lies there on the surface and passes on to my pillowcase and leaves grease stains. When I wake up the next morning, my skin feels extremely greasy.

The moisturizer balls up into small greasy pills and gets into every line and crevice on my face and neck -- a very unattractive sight. Not buying this again.

on 5/25/2011 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the way Aveeno's new Active Naturals night cream makes my skin look and feel the next morning: even-toned and smooth. I really love the price. The cream goes on easily, and a little goes a long way. It takes a little while to sink in, as a rich night cream should. The only thing I'm still iffy on is why they decided to put Southernwood extract in a night cream. That stuff was used way back in the day as a folk remedy for staying awake, and smelling it you can understand the reason why. Ah, well. I'll still use it if it keeps giving me results like this at this price.

on 5/16/2011 11:55:00 PM

this is the first night cream i ever bought & i love it ! its good cause it has lots of vitamins in it but it doesnt have SPF cause you dont really need it at night. but yeah smooths your skin & keeps it moisturized. has a great scent. i wish it came it a pump so it would be more sanitary though.