October 23, 2014 | 1076 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Active Naturals Smart Essentials Nighttime Moisture Infusion

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by prettyvalerina

I am a new user to nighttime moisturizers. So I can say I was somewhat skeptical when I bought this. I didn't expect it to work I thought it was just going to be some new thick greasy cream I gotta leave on my face all night and be stuck with the heavy feeling goop. I was so wrong! This cream is awesome! Not greasy at all! It's also very fast absorbing which I love. No hassle, just apply and done. The very first night I used this I noticed an immediate difference when I woke up the next morning. My skin actually looked like it was glowing for once without makeup. I also noticed my pores were less visible and my skin felt tighter. I have a scar from an old injury on my face about an inch away from my left eye and it seems to have smoothed that out also! It's also less red looking and not as noticeable anymore. I do have oily breakout prone skin and this has not caused any more oilyness or breakouts for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tiapet

I do have fairly sensitive skin and went for this because of the oatmeal and natural, anti-aging ingredients. Really love this product - it didn't irritate my skin, and the moisture it provides seems even to have gotten rid of some little bumps that a beauty store salesperson told me once were due to lack moisture. I have been using this for about a month and a half and have noticed from pretty early that my skin looks healthier, brighter, tighter, younger, etc. I find I don't need to use much at all, which is probably why I don't have the complaints others have about its greasiness. Ironically, this works so well despite its low price (for a night cream), that I'm tempted to try an expensive cream just because this product has so boosted my confidence in the potential of night creams!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by demix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So basically, I went to Target to get a moisturizer for my chin. Since I ate something and had a full on allergic reaction to it. So my chin was dry, flaky, raw, and in so much pain. I didn't know what to do. All my other moisturizers were for my comination/oily skin. So it didn't do much for me at the time. Plus they would burn after I put it on. (That didn't happen with this moisturizer.) I could apply 5 layers of moisturizer on and it would still be dry and raw. So when I saw this, I thought what the heck. So I bought the nightime one (more moisture) and the day time one. Combined with washing my face with oatmeal (youtube videos) and putting this on at night, it made my chin go back to normal. I used it for one night and saw a difference the next morning. And after a few days, I was back to normal! I still use this everynight, a little goes a long way. It can take a while to sink in and will look greasy, but you're going to bed anyways. So who cares. I haven't broken out from it and it hasn't made my skin any oilier. The smell is amazing by the way.
The packaging is nice, compared to the box, i thought it would be a lot bigger. But you don't need a lot. It will last a while. would recommend this product to anyone who has very dry skin, or just wants moitsure at night. (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As always, trying different things on my skin. Now that winter is over, I was looking for a slightly lighter nighttime moisturizer and thought I'd give this a whirl. Nice little tub sits easily on the counter, use a spatula so I don't contaminate the ingredients, cap screws down tight, and not terribly expensive.

I love the smell, the texture is great, it sinks right it and doesn't greaseball my pillow. Doesn't leave that *tight* feeling behind the way many "natural" creams can (Desert Essence comes to mind). But....

After about a week of use, I noticed the skin along my jawline getting this weird lizard-skin feeling. I shrugged it off to changes in the weather (and continued to use the Aveeno). Well, the lizardy feeling started creeping up my face all the way to my cheekbones, and was accompanied by a slightly burning feeling as well.

Overexfoliation? No. Funky weather? No. What's changed? Ah, yes, I've been using the Aveeno moisturizer at night.

Stopped using the Aveeno, used cortizone on the lizard skin, and after almost two weeks, it's finally gone back to my normal skin. I use the Aveeno on my arms and legs and chest because I love the smell, but it's a bit overpriced ($12.99) for a body cream. Too bad, I really liked everything about it...except the turning-into-a-lizard part.

I should not that I do *not* have sensitive skin...I've been known to use straight EVOO and coconut oil on my face, along with some types of cleansers that burn the hell out of other people. There's something in this cream that my face does not like, unfortunately. I would say shy away if you have sensitive skin, because I don't, and my skin reacted horribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this nighttime cream. I would use it every night and woke up to the most beautiful glowing skin in the world! Sadly it runs out very fast! I haven't gotten a new one since it is pretty expensive for such a small jar. And I don't know how my skin would react since it's used to my current products.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For a relatively expensive drugstore night cream ($15.59), this is not a very good product. The cream is rich, certainly, but it takes forever to sink in and absorb into my skin. Most nights, it just lies there on the surface and passes on to my pillowcase and leaves grease stains. When I wake up the next morning, my skin feels extremely greasy.

The moisturizer balls up into small greasy pills and gets into every line and crevice on my face and neck -- a very unattractive sight. Not buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way Aveeno's new Active Naturals night cream makes my skin look and feel the next morning: even-toned and smooth. I really love the price. The cream goes on easily, and a little goes a long way. It takes a little while to sink in, as a rich night cream should. The only thing I'm still iffy on is why they decided to put Southernwood extract in a night cream. That stuff was used way back in the day as a folk remedy for staying awake, and smelling it you can understand the reason why. Ah, well. I'll still use it if it keeps giving me results like this at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

this is the first night cream i ever bought & i love it ! its good cause it has lots of vitamins in it but it doesnt have SPF cause you dont really need it at night. but yeah smooths your skin & keeps it moisturized. has a great scent. i wish it came it a pump so it would be more sanitary though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by silverbean1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say dispite the smell (which I love and do not have a problem with as I have oily/normal skin)....I love this mositurizer. It's very light and a little goes a long way. It keeps my face feeling soft and touchable and my fiance loves the fragrance. He thinks it smells delicious! I do not find it is overpriced and feel it is well worth it for a drugstore moisturizer. I am also using the Daily Moisurizing Lotion with SPF 30 and will be purchasing the cleanser this week to test this out as well. So far..I am very happy with the results and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

This night cream is from the new Aveeno Smart Essentials line. The line includes a daytime moisturizer, a scrub, an under-eye rollerball treatment, a cleanser, and this night cream. I also purchased the cleanser and I love it. Back to the night cream. This is a thin-medium cream that glides on very smoothly. It contains vitamins A, C and E and southernwood extract. Aveeno claims that these ingredients promote healthy looking skin by keeping the "bad" out and the "good" in. I have been using this for over two months and I have noticed a difference in the texture and tone of my skin. It isn't extremely dramatic, so for those of you who are looking for a miracle product, this isn't it. I apply this all over my face and neck before bed and it absorbs within 5 minutes, when it is first applied, it does feel a little tacky and it is a bit shiny, so I only suggest this when you have time for it to absorb before applying other products. When I wake up in the morning, my skin does look very even and radiant. This product is very moisturizing and it doesn't leave a greasy film on my face overnight like Olay Complete or Aveeno Positively Radiant. Since it is so spreadable, I don't have to use a lot of it to cover my face and neck, I've only used 1/4 of the jar within 2-3months, so I project that I will run out in about 6-8 months, which is great. Although I do like this product, I probably won't repurchase right away because I would like to try something else. But I do believe this is a good buy, so if you are in the market for a new night cream, pick this up and give it a go.

P.S. There is a semi-sweet fragrance in this product and the cleanser as well, I am going to assume that it applies to the entire line. It doesn't really bother me but it could cause some problems for sensitive people. Make sure you give it a whiff before you buy it!