April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Vilavoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up by mistake a few months ago thinking it was a primer. However im really happy with the OKish results - my face looks a lot brighter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

I wanted to love this serum so badly, especially as the ingredients are great and the packaging is perfect and stable. But the problem for me is the texture. It's very runny- which is fine- but also tacky on my skin. I feel like it's sticky and I wish it had a more lotion-feel to it. For that reason I think it's a more mediocre base to my makeup than a creamier primer-serum like Clinique Turnaround or EL Idealist and so I think the search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by soukie87

The makeup artist recommended me this product. I have to say, I love love this serum! It's the one thing I've been missing! I apply it on before my "complete comfort" moisturizer and it keeps my face hydrated and feeling so soft. Before using the serum, I had some dry spots after applying the moisturizer, but this serum completely hydrates and leaves my face feeling so nice.

I would definitely go back and get a bottle after I run out of the sample, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I find it makes my skin so beautiful and brightens it. I have a few scars on my face from previous blemishes, and I find this really helps with that, so I recommend this product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing full of cell communicating ingredients and vitaminC it can be a bit pricey for 40$ for only 30ml, 1fl oz BUT what this serum has over all others is THE BLACK PACKAGING IT KEEPS all the vitamins inside the serum unlike other bottles light penitrates them and removes all the good high quality ingridents you payed for thats why i LOVEEE this serum (:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by femmefatale25

The sales person has recommended me this product prior to my foundation. It make my skin soft and hydrated and my foundation sets in really smooth and flawless. I have sensitive skin but this doesn't break me out at all. I have some hyperpigmentation due to old pimple scars and my scars are fading quickly. It is now one of my HG. I absolutely love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ss2000uk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this beauty. I absoloutely love it. Makes my skin feel soft. I have the hyperpigmentation fading in my skin, I cannot say for sure that it is as a result of using this product or a combo of other things, but nonetheless it definitely does "brighten" the skin and makes it feel amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by aleksis210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skintype: Wacky. Sometimes it's perfect, other times it makes me cry, but for the most part it's sensitive/acne-prone and leaning towards the dry side. With that said, I have been using this product for about 3 weeks now and I love it! Here are my thoughts:

What I like:
-It has that fresh clean scent that MAC skincare is known for.

-This is silicone-free so no worries of oily feeling skin or breakouts.

-Amazing ingredients for soothing irritated skin.

-This moisturizes a great deal on it's own; perfect to replace your heavy moisturizer in the summer or if you are oily!

-Pump dispenser is sanitary and easy to control.

-A little goes a long way!

-Works great under both my mineral foundations and liquid.

-Has a great tightening effect that isn't too potent, but rather comfortably smooths out your complexion.

-Does NOT break me out! Yay!

What some may not like:
-Because of the watery consistency this primer is not ideal for filling in fine lines/deep wrinkles or large pores. (for this I rec. Clarins' instant smoothing primer)

-Even though this is considered a primer I would not rec. this if you are looking for a product that makes your foundation last all day.

-The price.

-Does not have fading effects that you would get from a fading/bleaching cream, but rather illuminates the skin with its skin boosting ingredients. i.e. (green tea/caffeine/gentian and tuberose extract)

I say give this a try, even though I am not a huge serum or primer person this is an amazing skin 'treat' that I even wear on my no makeup days for the skin benefiting ingredients!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do, so if I don't know, it probably means it's not doing much for me... I'm gonna finish the bottle anyway, as it's not breaking me out or anything, so I'll edit if I get any results over time.