September 1, 2014 | 1499 users online

Mascara - Dejavu (Imju) - DJV Beautenizer Fiberwig LX

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lovemelikealovesong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had the non-XL version of this product before, and I loved it. It lacks volume, but I like a natural look, and people are always surprised if I mention I wear mascara. This one lengthens my lashes considerably, although that's also because I'm blonde and my eyelashes always seem so short because they're all transparent. The more you layer, the longer the length. With the added volume of this version, I can't complain about anything. If you want the thick-lashed look, I just add another mascara and it's perfect. This is what I use every day, and it's my favorite mascara of all time. I'd recommend this to a friend of mine. If you want volume and thick lashes, this is not your product. If you want more spidery, natural-looking lashes as if you used no mascara whatsoever, get this! It suits my needs perfectly. I love the easy removal and the fact that it never smudges.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so this is an intense look. The wand is packed with fibers and that gets a bit messy bc they're also wet inky black. I've learned to use a light hand when applying it. But it does work! If you have the patence to play around with the wand and product, I think you'll be pleased. It truely gives a slick, jet black, fake lash look. The fibers stay put and don't flake.....so this is a win. Ill probably repurches

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by TheSinfulSim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I brought this after seeing an ad for it on the subway. I'll begin by saying that I don't think it's as bad as some of the reviews that I've read.
This product was developed in Japan and I'm wondering if that accounts for how it was engineered and how it performs. This is not a thickening mascara. It defines and lengthens. While the result is significant, it's a very natural look.
I was actually looking for a mascara that does not clump or look overly fake, so mission accomplished in those respects. I also wanted something that doesn't flake or bleed. This mascara does not do either unless you rub your eyes a lot, so check there. I do need some thickening though, so this will not be my favorite mascara for this reason. Also, I'll agree that it's too expensive.
My go to mascara brands remain Lancome and Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

While this mascara does not smudge, it also does not hold a curl so I won't repurchase.
My lashes immediately start to droop and lose their curl when I apply this (I have fine, straight lash hairs).

I don't care about adding a lot of volume, but this doesn't add as much length either. It just gives a slightly enhanced natural look: a little bit of length, a tiny amount of volume. If you try to build up coats the lashes tend to stick together.

It's also very expensive. For the high price I expected it to perform a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jennyfercl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Compared to the original straight brush, I appreciate the lift the curved brush gives and that it makes it easier to lengthen, but it gives less volume to the lash, and for some reason I had more issues with keeping a curl with this one. This is my 4th tube of imju mascara i've bought and I think I'm going to stop at this one because it's just too freakin' expensive for a slightly above average product. I love it for a natural everyday lash, and the best thing about it is the ease in removal. Plus it doesn't transfer or smudge so when I go to the gym it kind of disappears naturally (no racoon eyes) but doesn't irritate my eyes at the same time. Love-hate, sigh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just like the regular Fiberwig mascara: expensive & unimpressive (to me). The only difference is the brush shape & probably some extra amount of lash extension fibers.

I bought this because I love tubing mascara. I wanted to test it at Sephora but each location I went to had an empty tester. Gah! I guess it's a popular product...? So I went ahead & bought it for $24 & it takes quite a bit of effort to build up on my lashes. In true Fiberwig fashion, it applies thinly & wet. With effort, this mascara does lengthen & build up...but it takes much work. At least the wet formula doesn't cause clumping, but it can cause lashes to stick together. More than anything, it paints lashes rather than build them up.

The brush is slightly curved & you can see the lengthening fibers on the bristles. Looks kinda scary but the end result is ok.

I like Clinique Power Lash (another tubing mascara) much better. I'd rather spend the $ on that one (actually Clinique only costs $15) & won't buy this mascara again. Yeah it's a decent mascara, but I'm not a big fan. The only thing I really like about this mascara is that it doesn't flake, smear or smudge, & it removes w/warm water.

The box says:
Beyond Mascara. It's Brush-On Fiber Extensions.
Dramatically lengthens, separates & conditions lashes.
Brush-On Fiber Extensions is a false lash formula applied like mascara that encapsulates lashes within a fiber-rich film.
-Dramatically long lashes