September 30, 2014 | 1987 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Angled Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now this brush was a surprise since on the Elf site kinda had it look smaller than it actually is. So when i got it i was a little put off but no biggie- I gave it a few tries and have found a job that this brush has done wonders for!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This brush is available in the Studio Eye brush collection on the elf website. I have also seen this brush at Target as well. Depending on your area this can be found where Elf products are sold. This brush will only cost you $3!! yes $3USD! Its def great price- you can wait for a sale online to get it half off sometimes but its def worth $3!
BRISTLES/PERFORMANCE- this brush since its a studio line brush is a flat matte black in color w/ black ferrule & black synthetic hair/bristles. The name of brush is imprinted in white writing. The studio brushes def look sleek & expensive. theyre great! Since its synthetic haired- CRUELTY FREE brush can be used for all products from powder, creams & liquids w/out ruining the bristles. THIS BRUSH IS SUPER SOFT! like all Elf Studio brushes. This brush is named well- Angled Contour Brush- this is a densely packed longer bristled brush with a angled top. This brush for me is a bit too big for precise blending but the angled top can easily fit into crease or the whole brush for all over blending. i have smaller eyes so it may fit others eye better. So i wasnt too impressed at first but then one day i decided to use this for concealer- yes! i use this brush everyday to blend out my cream & liquid concealers. i first place & blend out my thick creamy or thin liquid concealers w/ finger but this brush works FANTASTICALLY for blending out any concealer! WOW! i cant believe how this blends product so well- it helps my concealers look airbrushed & perfect- helps blend harsh lines into skin as well as helping avoid the product settling. This brush is def a great multi-purpose brush for so many different things. The brush has held up well through washing & use & travel. NO SHEDDING AT ALL! easy to wash & dries pretty quick! I have found so many different uses from concealing work, blending out eyeshadows, placing brow bone highlight, applying a wash all over lid, can def be a great face contouring brush since its can get small areas like nose & cheek bones. may be too small for some but the bristles are like those of the powder brush which are fantastic for stippling & blending!
overall- this brush is absolutely amazing! so glad i gave it a try since i was expecting it to be half the size it arrived to be but either way- i love this brush & plan to buy 2 more so i can use this for all of my different jobs! Give it a try for whatever you think may work! these Studio brushes last forever! great CRUELTY FREE quality for great price- highly suggest!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

This is pretty good! I use this for the general eyeshadow blending, after I've applied all of my shades and want a softer focus look. I also used it for a look recently that called for a very light application of a few highlight shades, and it worked very well for that. It's densely packed, looks nice and sleek, and I haven't had any shedding or scratching.

Overall I'm *very* impressed with the performance (and pricing!!) of E.L.F.'s Studio Line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It is great for applying highlighters on the brow/cheek. Great quality, I have washed it several times so far, and it has held up better than more expensive brushes. I was really shocked that such a high quality brush was only $3. A must have-you can pick one up at your local Target which has other E.L.F brushes as well. However, the selection could vary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I like this brush, but wish that it was slightly smaller so it fits my eye shape better. I prefer to use this with a blending shade to blur out harsh lines and for applying a highlight colour. The brush is soft, not scratchy and has just the right density for softening edges. A complaint is that it loses it's shape quite easily after washing, but to overcome that, I place a DIY brush guard over it to help keep it's shape after it dries (there are tutorials on YouTube for it).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by gorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

E.L.F. Studio Angled Contour Brush
Retail - $3
50% Off for $1.50

PROS
-Inexpensive
-Sleek
-Soft
-Functional/Great for contouring the nose

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

As with most of E.L.F.'s studio brushes, this one is great! However, the ferrule (metal piece that holds the brush together) often loses its grip, and the top of the brush becomes loose. Sometimes with these brushes, they fall apart entirely.But because of the price ($3 or $1.50 during their 50% off sales), I don't mind too much. I tend to buy duplicates of the brushes during their sale (so it's like getting 2 for 1), and that way I have a back up in case one breaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree w/ northernrainpour; this brush is the ideal brush for blending concealer under the eyes. I bought this brush nearly a year ago and have used it maybe twice. It is way too big for my smallish eyes. It does a great job blending, but I prefer smaller brushes. The shape is made for tapping on then blending in concealer; also cleaning up the outer corner of the eye. I'm going to buy a couple more just to have them on hand. My new Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this brush solely for contouring my nose. It is perfect for just that! It blends out the contour powder and applies a smooth line of highlighter right down the middle of my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I haven't used this for eyeshadow yet but I use it for applying highlighter on my cheekbone and it works great. It looks a little too big to use on my eyelid but perhaps it's supposed to be this way, I'm just used to smaller eye brushes. The bristles are really dense and quite soft. It seems like a smaller, angled version of the powder brush that everyone seems to love (including me). The design is really nice, doesn't look cheap at all. I'm glad I bought it and I would purchase another one in a second if I found some other use for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this brush for eyeshadow as it is too big for my taste. It is nice for blending my crease shade with the highlight though. What I really love this brush for it concealing! It's magic. I've been using MAC select moisture cover for the last few months and I've been "eh" about it. I bought this brush on a whim and wow does it improve the coverage! It blends concealer effortlessly with out sheering it out. I'll probably be buying another one of these brushes. For $3 you really can't beat it.