October 1, 2014 | 1528 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

Love this! I generally forget to use lip products because they are a hassle to reapply and take with you when they inevitably wear off. However, I love how this looks on my lips and how long it stays. It is fuss-free and leaves a beautiful matte lipstick/gloss appearance on the lips without drying or feeling sticky. Thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally, the Matte Creams dry to a budge-resistent, matte finish within 10 seconds of application; they'll come off with repetitive drinking and disappear very easily with any kind of oily food, as most lip products do, but they'll stick around through most wear quite well and won't bleed, even without a lip pencil. Overapplying will cause gumminess on the lips, so I would suggest no more than 2 light layers. I would also suggest, after it dries down, lightly smudging around the lips with your finger so blur the Cream into your natural skin--otherwise you risk leaving a very obvious ring of pigment around your lips. The formula is not 100% ideal for me, which is the only reason why I can't give it a full 5 lipsticks. But as for Stockholm the color itself: The official NYX swatch is way, way off from what the color looks like in real life. It's actually not as brown and more peach-toned. But, holy oyster crackers, I've finally found the perfect nude lip for me! There seems to be a common trend with warm-toned, pigment-graced lips reviewing this shade in particular--we haven't been able to find a great nude lip until now. If you have that kind of skin tone and particularly find yourself unwilling to sport the concealer lips that everybody else's HG nude lip gives you, give Stockholm a try. It isn't nude-nude on me, but very nude-toned MLBB (does that even make sense?! I'm sorry!). Although it's peach-toned, it still has a touch of fleshy rosiness to it that just dials my pigmented lips back a notch rather than take them out of the picture entirely. Try it with a good softly smudged black eyeliner and a fleshy nude blush (I recommend Tarte's Exposed). Insta-Bridget Bardot!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AmyE1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love, LOVE, with this stuff. What I cannot stress enough is that though it IS matte, it's a creamy matte, not a dry look, and I don't find it drying at all. I think that if you use a moisturizing treatment at night (I use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip) it eliminates the issue of dry lips during the day. In any case, I've found this color to be the perfect finish when I need to look "awake" in a hurry. I can use some BB cream, (I like garnier), mascara, and blush and throw this on my lips and feel finished. For $5.99 it's basically the deal of the century.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a nude for my very yellow NC30 skin tone for so long and I think I've found my holy grail. I also have the problem of having very very pigmented lips to the point where I'd almost given up hope finding a good nude or pink, but this nudes out my lips without making me look like a corpse and is a TRUE nude color, not pink or brown like a lot of nudes for medium tones claim to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I first thought about buying London, but it's tone is a little too brown based. So Stockholm is for fair/light skin tones. It has this perfect balance of natural pink with nude, and this is Bardot nude. I line my lips with Prestige lip liner in Silk and then lightly apply Stockholm. If I need a second layer then I wait 10-15 seconds for the first layer to set. It's beautiful soft focus matte. These do have lasting power, you just have to wait a bit to apply that second layer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

Oh my God. I've been neglecting to put on lipsticks for ages until I came across this product. I am Asian, NC30, with pigmented rosy-colored lips. Every color I try turns into a different color on my lips and I never feel like putting concealer on my lips. NYX Stockholms turns into an extremely gorgeous coral/peach color on my pigmented lips and is extremely flattering.

Everyone complains about the smell but I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first of these creams I have tried. I am not used to a matte finish but admittedly it did look very pretty and natural on. If you want to add moisture or shine, slick the NYX megashine gloss in clear over the top. This is basically a stain and lasts really well (for hours; through eating). It doesn't crumble on the lips, comes off clean. It is a bit drying but that is to be expected. Stockholm looked like a kind of brick red on my lips when I first put it on and faded to a subtle, natural looking slightly coral red. I don't usually do red or matte, which is why I didn't rank this too high, but it is pretty and those looking for a reddish lip might love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I am NC 25 with warm/ peachy undertones, long brunette hair and dark brown eyes and the colour Stockholm is so AMAZING!!! It's a very soft looking nude that makes my lips look so naturally "alive" in a very french way (you know how french women look good in an effortless way?). It is very difficult to describe the colour. It is a mixture of peachy, soft coral and dusty pink tones that are in perfect harmony. The texture is very unique. First, I wasn't sure if I liked it but after several days I think it is really nice and makes my lips look fuller not in a plumping way but by giving them a natural lumionous colour with a very soft almost powdery matt finish. It definitely makes the lines on my lips visible but I think that it's a kind of sexy effect (if you look at Angelina Jolie's lips you can often see that there are many visible lines on her lips that add dimension ). If you like this kind of look this lip cream is for you, if you are after a plumping and moisturizing effect, you may like to look somewhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Soft and creamy texture when applied
- Lasts longer than typical lipsticks, so you don't need to reapply as often
- Cute and compact packaging so you can take it anywhere
- Stockholm is a really pretty faded pink color that enhances while still looking natural; great for pairing with a smokey eye

Cons:
- Kind of drying, I feel uncomfortable in about half an hour so I need to bring a balm or gloss with me
- Butterscotch smell that maybe others like, but I don't

In comparison with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate, which is the only other matte stain I own, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream wins. The ColorStay is just too drying, and drives me crazy. I'm personally a bigger fan of typical lipsticks, but the Soft Matte Lip Cream is a good choice for when I don't have the opportunity to keep reapplying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by skylark

I always take forever to review products but this color is sooooo amazing I'm reviewing it same day of purchase!! On my lips its the perfect warm nude pink color. It strikes the perfect balance between the two colors, nude enough to make my lips look downplayed but warm enough to not make me look like a corpse. Since my skin's pretty tan now, it gives me that boho chic look that I love! The only downside is that after 10 minutes the lip cream turns into a stain which is pretty drying but I don't care I've been looking for this color forever!