November 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Coconut Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My haircolor fades fast anyway but I swear this strips it out, like, instantly. Not only that, it dries it out. I haven't been impressed with anything in the DE Coconut line (the body wash was drying as well), but I did like DE's Tea Tree Therapeutic Shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my hair feel like straw and oily at the same time.

I gave it one lippy because it is making a great body wash and works well for shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

This is my HG shampoo (the matching conditioner is also the best!). I have been trying natural shampoos and conditioners for awhile now and I have been disappointed with the results. I was about to give up and go back to regular sulfate shampoos and silicone conditioners but decided to try this, and I am so glad I did! Most natural hair care products either make my hair really dry, or give me a weird protein buildup that makes the texture of my hair absolutely awful. However, this product leaves my frizzy combo textured (fine, course, and some wave all into one!) silky smooth without feeling heavy or coated.

I think the price is pretty affordable because it suds up with just a small amount of product. The scent is also wonderful, if you like coconut tropical scents that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

I really like this shampoo. Finally a natural, cruelty free shampoo that makes my hair silky soft and smells amazing. I'm currently using it with the raspberry conditioner, 5 months in and I still love it. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

BAD. This has a sulfate it it! Arg! Sodium Coco Sulfate is Sodium Laureth Sulfate just diluted! Very deceiving company…I think the conditioners are wonderful but watch out for those hidden sulfates everyone...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by MelihaP

I use both the shampoo and the conditioner and I love them both to bits! I use heat protecting spray in my hair, hairspray and dry shampoo so after three days, my hair has quite a buildup in it. Even so, I only have to use the shampoo once (meaning I don't have to repeat after rinsing) and my hair is completely product free. The conditioner is also amazing. It feels like a good conditioner, as opposed to some conditioners that feel like water and do absolutely nothing for my tangled hair. I don't have to rave about the smell since so many already have...but I'm going to: it is FANTASTIC!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by teatimeknird

I wanted to like this so bad. It Smells AMAZING. That's why I gave it a lippie. My hair has been really soft lately from going no poo, but when I used this it made my hair a little less soft and definitely less manageable. Not much, but enough for me to appreciate my baking soda and vinegar when I switched back. It also broke me out. :( Most shampoos do, but they're usually the ones that have sulfates, and this didn't so I had high hopes but sadly was let down. A final con, I got HORRIBLE dandruff from this. My dandruff has always been an issue for me, but after I used this I felt like it was snowing from my head. SO so sad that this didnt work :( Hate that I have to give it such a low rating but it just didnt work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sarah4983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo. I have noticed, however, that once I get toward the end of the bottle, my hair starts to get dry and "straw-like". I start a new bottle, and POOF, back to soft silky hair. I'm not sure why this happens, but it works so well most of the time that I'm willing to just toss the little bit I have left toward the end and buy a new bottle.
I just had my hair professionally colored for the first time so I am not sure how it works for colored hair yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEST SHAMPOO EVER. I'm seriously smitten with this. I was previously using the pink sulfate-free bedhead shampoo, but I've started getting painful, scabby sore places on my scalp, so I decided to buy a more natural and moisturizing shampoo. After doing some research I thought this might be a good pick, it is sulfate free and includes coconut seed oil, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter. Plus it smells heavenly; I also use this alba pineapple facial cleanser in the shower, so the two together make me feel like i'm showering in tropical paradise :) But anyway on to the effectiveness of the shampoo itself - The first time I used it I was surprised by the creamy lather it produced, it felt very luxurious to shampoo with, and I was relieved to see that the next day my hair was thoroughly cleansed (I was concerned all those lovely oils might OVER moisturize, but no problems there). And finally, my scalp cleared up. So I pretty much couldn't be happier. The price is right too compared to what I paid for bedhead! I will enthusiastically repurchase when I run out, and just might try the conditioner sometime, too.
UPDATE: still loving this shampoo!! I have seen such an improvement in my hair since starting using it. I have even noticed this DETANGLES my hair. not as much as my following conditioner does of course, but when have you ever heard of a shampoo that makes your hair less tangly, immediately, with no silicones? One of my HG hair products, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Big fan of this shampoo, really moisturizes dry hair. Great on my thick, wavy Asian locks ;D. Use nickel size amounts and this shampoo will last months! This scent is heavenly too. #1 reason to buy - paraben free.