October 23, 2014 | 1911 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kirstenangeles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is really amazing. It is also very pigmented. My problem is that it claims to stay on 24/7, when it immediately smears. Even waiting after a while, it still smears. I really wish it stayed on. The pencil tip is very nice though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

BLACK, BLACK, BLACK! If you are looking for an opaque black pencil liner this is one. I own several of the UD 24/7 black pencils, Velvet, perversion, zero. All are various shades of black and I change as the occasion warrants. This puppy is VERY creamy very easy to apply and very black. HOWEVER, with that black, black creaminess there are some drawbacks. This formula will smudge over time or rub off despite the claims. It's not a total non budge formula. I do lay a layer of HD powder down or other pencil underneath my eye before I apply perversion. It helps with smudging. If I'm wearing my contacts and/or having one of my nasty allergy days I may go with one of the other pencils. I also keep a couple of the pointed ended cotton swabs in a plastic bag in my bag to clean up a smudge if it occurs and I do carry the pencil for touch ups. I'll make a suggestion don't wear this pencil if you are going to a wedding or another emotional event where tears will flow it will probably smudge :). If you are a put on once and forget it/don't want to bother type this most likely will be a fail for you. My favorite way to wear this....with a bare eye minimal color to let the liner be the statement.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started buying Urban Decay products. The salesgirl in Sephora told me that they are a great cosmetic line. I love the way this eyeliner applies so smoothly and effortlessly. The color is amazing too, it is a jetblack. It lasts all day and night with no flaking or smudging and I don't even use a primer with it. I only wish that the pencil was retractable but, I went and got a good NARS sharpener for only six dollars.I highly recommend this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by starletdust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The best pencil I've ever used! I've worn eyeliners on a daily basis since I was 13 and nothing comes close to this. It glides on soft and creamy in the blackest of blacks, the only down side is if you like to smudge your eyeliner because this thing does not budge, which is a mega bonus for me! It stays in a hot atmosphere and stays as dark as it gets, perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Addictedxx24

Such a great eyeliner! I've experimented with eyeliners and application of eyeliners throughout the years... I no longer do my waterline or liner under my eye (I literally dab the tiniest bit and smudge it around my lash line) but on my top lid it does an amazinggg job!!!!! I came from using the smashbox eyeliner- it had the sharpener in the cap which was my favorite detail about it- but it always smudged off easily on me, or would totally be removed if I needed a quick touch up with my lash curler. No problem for this eyeliner! Glides so smoothly and easily, always get the perfect shape/thickness I am going for!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very black but I suffer from sensitivity to this particular eyeliner if I use it in my waterline. I have to stick with Zero or a NYX pencil. If I need a black base for eyeshadow though, I can use it with no irritation. I have 3 Perversion pencils and I don't believe that I will need another for at least a year.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Jayyynall7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I definitely had higher expectations. I was really hoping for no smudges and actually a lasting look but it smudged just as much as $6 eyeliner from Walmart and faded only after a couple of hours

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Olivia891

Pros: Blackest black pencil I've ever tried. I actually like that it's soft and smooth which makes for better smudging and blending. It also doesn't slide off or budge for me once it sets which is great. I'm also a contact wearer and despite hearing about having issues with this formula from others I haven't had any so far.

Cons: Runs out so fast! Even though I've had mine for some time since I don't use it daily, it's probably down to the size of my index finger b/c of sharpening it so often.

I would says it goes too fast for the relatively high price, especially if used daily but it's such a lovely pencil and really worth it. I've already bought Zero to try next for when it runs out so I'll be comparing the two.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by knbruice

I have always loved this eye pencil since I first tried it a few years ago. It is the BLACKEST BLACK eye pencil I have ever seen or used. I love urban decays eye pencils because they stay on all day (I use urban decay primers as well.). They are soooo creamy, sometimes almost too creamy but they apply so nice. This liner stays put for the most part on my waterline but still smudges a tiny bit. The only reason I would not buy again is because I have very fair skin at the moment and it looks too stark and black on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG go-to daily eyeliner. I use this when tightlining and have the darkest, thickest-looking lashes with this method.

USE NOTES: I prime with UDPP in Eden, then apply shadows (usually UD Naked or LORAC Unzipped palettes). I tightline upper lashes with UD Perversion, then finish with Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies.

I usually don't use eyeliner above the upper lash or below the lower lash line; I mostly use shadow for lining in those areas. However if I'm going for a big smoky eye I will line with Perversion then use a smudging brush to blend it out. It is REALLY bold and I don't like the look of this liner unless it's smudged out.

Verdict:

I don't have any burning, stinging or watering.
Great wear, I get through an entire work day without reapplying.
No sliding or smudging.

Comments:

Many people have mentioned that the formula is too soft and because of that they experience a lot of smudging and have to reapply and resharpen their pencils too frequently. I have had none of those issues, in fact I get great wear out of my pencil and it has lasted me months. If you have purchased this pencil and don't like it, try tightlining with it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No