July 30, 2014 | 1492 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this powder a couple months ago and I really like it a lot. I have this and Studio Fix I'm an NW20 in the SF but in the Careblend the light is perfect almost translucent. I like how soft it makes my skin feel and it does keep my oil at bay. I rarely have to touch up when I use this powder. Lately I have been putting it over my Tarte BB which is awesome as well and my skin looks so well healthy and normal. I have a lot of redness and this is perfect to tone it down.

So far this has been good to my skin no breakouts what so ever. With the SF I haven't broken out either. So I'm happy because I really like these pressed powders. The Careblend really makes my skin feel super soft. My skin looks matte but not over matte if you know what I mean. I like that about this powder.

I have been using this with my 187 with great results and the puff when I'm out. The puff is well made as well. So all in all I will continue to use this as long as they make it because it really is nice to my skin. Not saying everyone will love it some do breakout as you read reviews but in my case I did not.I do use Retin A to stay that way so take it as you wish. This is also a good powder for people using a retinoid because it doesn't irritate the skin in my case at least.

Great product I will repurchase when needed and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aimsterdam

just bought this a few weeks ago and I love it so far! I bought this because I wanted a powder that comes with a mirror and a puff so I can do my makeup on the car when I'm running late. I have clear skin so I don't need heavy coverage and this powder perfectly evens out the little redness on my face. It gives a nice semi matte finish. It feels very light and soft on the face. one thing I need to point out is that people should STOP comparing this to the MAC BLOT POWDER. that powder is called a BLOT powder for a reason. It is meant to BLOT therefore it won't give any coverage like the careblend powder. I Own both. The care blend's main purpose is for those who want to set their foundation or for those like me who use it for a light coverage and it does a nice job doing so. I would purchase this again if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

I love love this powder. I feel like it helps to keep my skin moisturised and doesn't make it look dry. I tend to mix it up between this and my MAC MSF depending on what foundation I am wearing.
If I wear a more matte foundation, I use my Studio Careblend..and if I'm using a dewy foundation, I use my MSF.
I also like the velvety texture of this powder.
Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

*EDIT: I think Medium may be too dark/pink for me! It's not that I look orange with this on, but I notice that my face has more colour to it after I powder my face. I prefer a more yellow look so the red in my face is subdued. Next time I will be getting the Light Plus :/

**EDIT #2: The more I jump on to try other powders, the more I appreciate the Studio Careblend. Although other powders may have superb oil control, after a couple of hours the oils settle with the powder and starts looking very CAKEY. However, with this there's no cakeyness; I find this helps prevent foundation/BB cream from clumping together in a cakey mess. This is my HG, bumping this up to 5 lippies. May not have the best oil control out of them all, but it does what it is intended to be very well. Like I said, for a product that contains oil and is intended to be more moisturizing, the oil control is in fact very good.

Claims: "Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort."

I have had this since spring 2012; I have used it everyday since then and now I have made a small indentation in the product (now it's March 2013).

Packaging: sturdy, comes in a standard MAC black compact. Doesn't look cheap but not too particularly fancy; you wouldn't be embarrassed to pull this out in public for touch-ups. I don't have any real complaints; the velour puff is useless, but I don't like using sponges for powder anyway.

Colour: I have an NC15-20 skintone and the MAC SA matched me to Medium. I wouldn't say this shade would be ideal for people who actually have a medium skintone; might be a little ashy as it blends into my skin seamlessly. When I DO finally get to finish this pan, I will get Light Plus because apparently it had warmer undertones. Not that my face looks pink at all though, it doesn't make a huge difference on my face.

Coverage: this provides sheer coverage; not much. I don't really care for coverage in a setting powder because afterall, I only use it to set my foundation. If you want coverage, just go for powder foundation...

Finish: this is a demi-matte finish. When swatched on my hand, there is a noticeable natural "sheen" to it, just like skin. Nothing too garish, it does not have any shimmer particles in it! I tend to use face products that have a demi-matte/"natural" skin finish and this slightly mattifies my face without looking powdery. When used on a bare face, the silica in this makes my face much more soft-focussed and just... better. If you have relatively good skin, need a little oil control or is on the go, I think this would be a very good powder for you.

Longevity: on my combination skin, on MOST foundations this lasts for about 6 hours before my oil starts peeking through. Although good oil control really is something I do look for in a powder, I thought that this powder had very good oil control for something that is marketed as moisturizing. I use my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush (which is really a kabuki on a stick) to apply my powder, concentrating on my T-zone and the area beside my nose. I brush the excess powder onto the remaining parts of my face.

Overall: I think this is a very good powder, but it's not the most moisturizing or softest one I have found. There's better for cheap; a really good moisturizing and even silkier powder is Revlon's Nearly Naked. However, the oil control on this is fairly okay. I do need something that will work a little harder against my oilies so I might get the Blot Powder next. One thing I really like about this powder is that it won't make your face anymore cakey than the product underneath it. On bare faces, it provides a very fresh-looking, beautiful soft-focus but natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear approximately NC 20 in MAC depending on the season, and in this powder I got light-plus. The colour match was nice, but the powder was just ok. The texture did not have a higher end creamy texture, it was quite dry and if applied too liberally made my skin look flaky. As well I have slightly oily skin and this powder did not last me a whole work or school day, it lasted only about 4 hours.

I would say this powder has only the slightest coverage, and for the price I would not repurchase. It is quite similar to the pressed powder from NYC, which is extremely cheap in the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by greatup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a real pleasure to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

HG status for me. I just wish i bought more than one when i was in the U.S! (Because everyone knows that it costs your first born child to buy cosmetics here in Australia...)

This firmly beats every single powder i've ever used (including MAC studio fix and MAC oil blot) for several reasons:
- This actually has a little coverage so it's a step up from a normal finishing powder but does not replace a foundation. If i use a tinted moisteriser or light foundation, this over the top can blur my many imperfections.
- It NEVER gets cakey no matter how heavy handed you are.
- Makes your face look soft focused and reduces the look of pores
- Makes my dull skin look more radiant (compared to the oil blot powder which make me look a little ashy... and the studio fix where i look like a duck l'orange...)
- Does a decent job of oil control

I use this in light plus and it's the perfect colour for my NC20-25 skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kimanhhua

I purchased the colour Light Plus for my skin colour which I am usually NC25. I have used this mainly as a setting powder over foundation. On days where I prefer a natural look to my makeup I use this powder alone over my moisturiser using a powder brush and buff it into my skin. I like to top it off with makeup setting spray such as Skindinavia as this product does appear cakey and accentuate hairs on the face. The setting spray helps the powder meld into the skin making it appear more skin-like and I hardly use this powder without it.

I am very happy with the finish it provides, medium to heavy. I carry this compact with me for touch ups during the day as it is small, durable and provides decent oil control to the T-zone. However I would have to re-apply every 3-4 hours. I will purchase this powder again in the future, I have been using it for a year now and only have a small amount remaining.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

It pains me to write a negative review on this powder :s
I want to like it so badly, because it sounded like the perfect light coverage/low maintenance setting powder I was looking for. Too bad I break out from using this!

The finish is def not matte, more like satin, and even If I only use a bit, it does look obvious that im wearing powder. Also, My T-zone still gets oily relatively fast, so thats another disapointment.

The reason why I stopped using this though is the breakouts. Ive given it several tries, and I always have new bumps by the end of the day, which sucks because I wouldve used this powder up anyway, even if it did not look entirely natural and did not control oil that well.

I like the idea behind this powder and the packaging, but I cannot use this at all :s

EDIT: I'm trying to use it up to not waste any product, and i'm currently using it to set my undereye concealer....yikes! Makes it look a bit crepey and caked, even with a light layer and diff concealers under :s Does not help with creasing either....but i'm going to suck it up until i'm done with it :) Good Luck guys!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with Enydonus. This powder was HG status but made my face itch!! I don't know what MAC puts in their products but it can't be good. It would look great on but when I went to wash my face at night, my skin would be red and irritated. I tried it for a full week and then ran back to MAC to return this and the Studio Sculpt liquid fdtn.

I wish MAC would start using better ingredients..I've used a bunch of their products that were almost HG but my skin would react negatively after a few days of use.

I used this in Medium-Deep and it provided med coverage (when applied in layers).