November 26, 2014 | 1654 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by gheenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hav this in Medium Plus, and I am NC30 for reference. This pressed powder does an awesome job of setting foundation and concealer, and overall freshening up without piling on color and product over my existing makeup. Very lightly pigmented so it doesn't add cakey-ness to the face. Staying power is pretty good, it lasted me around 3-4 hours, whereas other finishing powders (loose and pressed) tend to disappear after an hour. The Careblend powder can sometimes look powdery when over-applied, but I pair it with the Mac Fix+ spray to get a more natural look.

Brush application works for best for me when I use this powder. I find that I tend to overapply and hit pan quite easily when I use a kabuki brush, so nowadays I use a fluffy powder brush instead and the product has lasted longer with no change in results. The mirror and puff are nice to have for touch-ups on the go too.

The talc ingredient does not bother me at all, and I actually find the formulation to be gentle. Didn't break me out at all, and no oxidation. (I oxidize easily in both MAC Select Liquid foundation and Revlon CS.)

I knocked off 1 star just because I don't like how it can sometimes be a bit powdery with overapplication, especially if I didn't moisturize enough. (for reference I have dry skin because of canadian weather. i welcome a bit of natural oil in my face if I can.)

This may not be for you if you are looking for a stand-alone pressed powder, as the color pay-off and coverage on this little to none. Also this has not blotted out any oil for me, but since I have very dry skin this is a big PRO for me. Great if used as a finishing powder, and awesome if combined with the Fix+ spray.

EDIT: I hit pan on this product in 6 weeks!!! and now I dont think this will last me til month 3. Why so little product? :( I still love it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEEEEE IT!! used to use mac studio fix powder colour nw45 but as of recently i started to notice how cakeyyyyyyy it looks and it used to bother me so much no matter how lightely i applied it.

anyways, during the summer ive tanned a bit so now im using colour nw47 studio fix fluid, recently got this powder in DEEP DARK. and its amazeeeeeeeeeeballs. i was worried bcos my skin is really oily, but bcos i use good primer (prep n prime spf 50) and i use the translucent finishing powder at the end, the oil is stil controlled well.

anyways really gives a nice flawless finish
so i would defffoooooooooooo reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this powder recently to be used at the end of the end of the day to add some coverage and it does a great job. I have the color in Light Plus and I am about an NC20/C3 in other MAC foundations.

I recommend using a blotting sheet before applying this powder as it can get clumpy on oily skin. The finish is fairly matte, but not as matte as Studio Fix. It has good staying powder and keeps the skin from looking oily for a few hours. I recommend this product if you need light tough ups throughout the day without heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite powders. It's much more convenient to use than my Coastal Scents Mineral Veil since it's pressed and I can easily take it with me anywhere. I use this over my Physicians Formula BB Cream and the result is flawless, glowing skin that is virtually effortless. I'm an NC 40-43 and the shade Medium Dark fits me quite well. Before I decided to try CareBlend, I was using MAC's Blot Powder but I like this one a lot better. This does contain Talc, which I was worried about at first but fortunately it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all. MAC's iconic sleek, black packaging is always attractive so that's a plus for this product as well. Overall, LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by thorner

This is my HG powder. It sets nicely with any foundation I use and it doesn't look cakey, doesn't sit in my pores and doesn't oxidize. Plus, a little goes a long way for me. That is a good thing because the only thing I don't like is that it seems there is such little product in the pan, even though I use it sparingly. It is also great on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would only buy it again is because I already bought it twice! Not because I finished it but because I bought it in medium plus and now that I think of it I bought my MSF natural in that colour as well but it's kinda too dark for me and I'm one who would rather be lighter than darker. It goes on nicely, compact is sleek n simple! But idk to me it looks off like almost greyish and no it's not "too light" idk I guess I haven't found the perfect powder for me yet. But it's really smooth and not so cakey on! I'm asian, 17 years old, dry to normal skin, NC20 :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

I needed a light powder for touch-ups. Bought this powder because of the good reviews here. I got it in the color light. It's got a lightly pinkish tone, but it's nothing major, as the powder itself is quite light.

What I like the most about it is how it's not cakey. Perhaps the name careblend desbribes well how easily this is blended into the skin. I normally blot the oil on my face first and then use my too faced kabuki brush to apply a light layer of it in the areas where my foundation has melted. It doesn't restore the coverage of my foundation, to be honest, but it does give a nice refreshed surface to my face.

This powder did not break me out as some of MAC's other powders did, which is a relief.

The down side of this powder is that it doesn't control oil very well. Nontheless, I'm still pretty happy with it and can't say too much bad things about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ambermae1

This product works great for me as a setting powder for liquid face and body foundation by MAC. I use the mac 134 brush but im sure it works well with any lightweight puffy brush. I use medium deep which is about 2-3 shades darker than foundation and it gives a great finished look.. super smooth. i wish it lasted longer and can appear cakey at times but overall is a great addition to my concealer and until i find something better, i cant live without it.

I rate product a 4.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this powder a couple months ago and I really like it a lot. I have this and Studio Fix I'm an NW20 in the SF but in the Careblend the light is perfect almost translucent. I like how soft it makes my skin feel and it does keep my oil at bay. I rarely have to touch up when I use this powder. Lately I have been putting it over my Tarte BB which is awesome as well and my skin looks so well healthy and normal. I have a lot of redness and this is perfect to tone it down.

So far this has been good to my skin no breakouts what so ever. With the SF I haven't broken out either. So I'm happy because I really like these pressed powders. The Careblend really makes my skin feel super soft. My skin looks matte but not over matte if you know what I mean. I like that about this powder.

I have been using this with my 187 with great results and the puff when I'm out. The puff is well made as well. So all in all I will continue to use this as long as they make it because it really is nice to my skin. Not saying everyone will love it some do breakout as you read reviews but in my case I did not.I do use Retin A to stay that way so take it as you wish. This is also a good powder for people using a retinoid because it doesn't irritate the skin in my case at least.

Great product I will repurchase when needed and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aimsterdam

just bought this a few weeks ago and I love it so far! I bought this because I wanted a powder that comes with a mirror and a puff so I can do my makeup on the car when I'm running late. I have clear skin so I don't need heavy coverage and this powder perfectly evens out the little redness on my face. It gives a nice semi matte finish. It feels very light and soft on the face. one thing I need to point out is that people should STOP comparing this to the MAC BLOT POWDER. that powder is called a BLOT powder for a reason. It is meant to BLOT therefore it won't give any coverage like the careblend powder. I Own both. The care blend's main purpose is for those who want to set their foundation or for those like me who use it for a light coverage and it does a nice job doing so. I would purchase this again if I ever run out.