September 23, 2014 | 1740 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by thorner

This is my HG powder. It sets nicely with any foundation I use and it doesn't look cakey, doesn't sit in my pores and doesn't oxidize. Plus, a little goes a long way for me. That is a good thing because the only thing I don't like is that it seems there is such little product in the pan, even though I use it sparingly. It is also great on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would only buy it again is because I already bought it twice! Not because I finished it but because I bought it in medium plus and now that I think of it I bought my MSF natural in that colour as well but it's kinda too dark for me and I'm one who would rather be lighter than darker. It goes on nicely, compact is sleek n simple! But idk to me it looks off like almost greyish and no it's not "too light" idk I guess I haven't found the perfect powder for me yet. But it's really smooth and not so cakey on! I'm asian, 17 years old, dry to normal skin, NC20 :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

I needed a light powder for touch-ups. Bought this powder because of the good reviews here. I got it in the color light. It's got a lightly pinkish tone, but it's nothing major, as the powder itself is quite light.

What I like the most about it is how it's not cakey. Perhaps the name careblend desbribes well how easily this is blended into the skin. I normally blot the oil on my face first and then use my too faced kabuki brush to apply a light layer of it in the areas where my foundation has melted. It doesn't restore the coverage of my foundation, to be honest, but it does give a nice refreshed surface to my face.

This powder did not break me out as some of MAC's other powders did, which is a relief.

The down side of this powder is that it doesn't control oil very well. Nontheless, I'm still pretty happy with it and can't say too much bad things about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ambermae1

This product works great for me as a setting powder for liquid face and body foundation by MAC. I use the mac 134 brush but im sure it works well with any lightweight puffy brush. I use medium deep which is about 2-3 shades darker than foundation and it gives a great finished look.. super smooth. i wish it lasted longer and can appear cakey at times but overall is a great addition to my concealer and until i find something better, i cant live without it.

I rate product a 4.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this powder a couple months ago and I really like it a lot. I have this and Studio Fix I'm an NW20 in the SF but in the Careblend the light is perfect almost translucent. I like how soft it makes my skin feel and it does keep my oil at bay. I rarely have to touch up when I use this powder. Lately I have been putting it over my Tarte BB which is awesome as well and my skin looks so well healthy and normal. I have a lot of redness and this is perfect to tone it down.

So far this has been good to my skin no breakouts what so ever. With the SF I haven't broken out either. So I'm happy because I really like these pressed powders. The Careblend really makes my skin feel super soft. My skin looks matte but not over matte if you know what I mean. I like that about this powder.

I have been using this with my 187 with great results and the puff when I'm out. The puff is well made as well. So all in all I will continue to use this as long as they make it because it really is nice to my skin. Not saying everyone will love it some do breakout as you read reviews but in my case I did not.I do use Retin A to stay that way so take it as you wish. This is also a good powder for people using a retinoid because it doesn't irritate the skin in my case at least.

Great product I will repurchase when needed and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aimsterdam

just bought this a few weeks ago and I love it so far! I bought this because I wanted a powder that comes with a mirror and a puff so I can do my makeup on the car when I'm running late. I have clear skin so I don't need heavy coverage and this powder perfectly evens out the little redness on my face. It gives a nice semi matte finish. It feels very light and soft on the face. one thing I need to point out is that people should STOP comparing this to the MAC BLOT POWDER. that powder is called a BLOT powder for a reason. It is meant to BLOT therefore it won't give any coverage like the careblend powder. I Own both. The care blend's main purpose is for those who want to set their foundation or for those like me who use it for a light coverage and it does a nice job doing so. I would purchase this again if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

I love love this powder. I feel like it helps to keep my skin moisturised and doesn't make it look dry. I tend to mix it up between this and my MAC MSF depending on what foundation I am wearing.
If I wear a more matte foundation, I use my Studio Careblend..and if I'm using a dewy foundation, I use my MSF.
I also like the velvety texture of this powder.
Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

*EDIT: I think Medium may be too dark/pink for me! It's not that I look orange with this on, but I notice that my face has more colour to it after I powder my face. I prefer a more yellow look so the red in my face is subdued. Next time I will be getting the Light Plus :/

**EDIT #2: The more I jump on to try other powders, the more I appreciate the Studio Careblend. Although other powders may have superb oil control, after a couple of hours the oils settle with the powder and starts looking very CAKEY. However, with this there's no cakeyness; I find this helps prevent foundation/BB cream from clumping together in a cakey mess. This is my HG, bumping this up to 5 lippies. May not have the best oil control out of them all, but it does what it is intended to be very well. Like I said, for a product that contains oil and is intended to be more moisturizing, the oil control is in fact very good.

Claims: "Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort."

I have had this since spring 2012; I have used it everyday since then and now I have made a small indentation in the product (now it's March 2013).

Packaging: sturdy, comes in a standard MAC black compact. Doesn't look cheap but not too particularly fancy; you wouldn't be embarrassed to pull this out in public for touch-ups. I don't have any real complaints; the velour puff is useless, but I don't like using sponges for powder anyway.

Colour: I have an NC15-20 skintone and the MAC SA matched me to Medium. I wouldn't say this shade would be ideal for people who actually have a medium skintone; might be a little ashy as it blends into my skin seamlessly. When I DO finally get to finish this pan, I will get Light Plus because apparently it had warmer undertones. Not that my face looks pink at all though, it doesn't make a huge difference on my face.

Coverage: this provides sheer coverage; not much. I don't really care for coverage in a setting powder because afterall, I only use it to set my foundation. If you want coverage, just go for powder foundation...

Finish: this is a demi-matte finish. When swatched on my hand, there is a noticeable natural "sheen" to it, just like skin. Nothing too garish, it does not have any shimmer particles in it! I tend to use face products that have a demi-matte/"natural" skin finish and this slightly mattifies my face without looking powdery. When used on a bare face, the silica in this makes my face much more soft-focussed and just... better. If you have relatively good skin, need a little oil control or is on the go, I think this would be a very good powder for you.

Longevity: on my combination skin, on MOST foundations this lasts for about 6 hours before my oil starts peeking through. Although good oil control really is something I do look for in a powder, I thought that this powder had very good oil control for something that is marketed as moisturizing. I use my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush (which is really a kabuki on a stick) to apply my powder, concentrating on my T-zone and the area beside my nose. I brush the excess powder onto the remaining parts of my face.

Overall: I think this is a very good powder, but it's not the most moisturizing or softest one I have found. There's better for cheap; a really good moisturizing and even silkier powder is Revlon's Nearly Naked. However, the oil control on this is fairly okay. I do need something that will work a little harder against my oilies so I might get the Blot Powder next. One thing I really like about this powder is that it won't make your face anymore cakey than the product underneath it. On bare faces, it provides a very fresh-looking, beautiful soft-focus but natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear approximately NC 20 in MAC depending on the season, and in this powder I got light-plus. The colour match was nice, but the powder was just ok. The texture did not have a higher end creamy texture, it was quite dry and if applied too liberally made my skin look flaky. As well I have slightly oily skin and this powder did not last me a whole work or school day, it lasted only about 4 hours.

I would say this powder has only the slightest coverage, and for the price I would not repurchase. It is quite similar to the pressed powder from NYC, which is extremely cheap in the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by greatup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a real pleasure to use.