April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Powder - Milani - Multitasker

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thoughts

Medium/light coverage for one layer. Reminds me of Almay TLC: most powders seem pretty similar to me, I haven't tried many powder foundations. I think if you used this product (like all products) with a terrible applicator (like the one it comes with) you aren't going to get the same results. I also have rosacea, large pores, scars and pretty reactive skin and it didn't aggravate anything.

Pros

- Definitely lives up to the name!: Performs very well as foundation, concealer or blot/touch up powder.
- Cheap!
- Most important point: Super fast and easy to use! Using a good quality powder foundation like this one cuts my makeup time in half!
- Doesn't break me out! I find all creams and liquids break me out.
- Buildable coverage. I can build it up to a concealer or put on a few layers and it doesn't look cakey! Amazing!
- Good quality: Feels great on the skin, fine powder, very lightweight and doesn't make my dry parts feel tight and gross.
- Doesn't fade

Cons

- Smells very talc-y. Kinda gross.
- Not the best for on the go: Lots of fallout when you dip your brush in and packaging is very bulky (plus the brush it comes with sucks)
- You'll probably get a bit shiny if you wear it all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being an oily girl, I need to use a powder foundation for summer. I've tried so many and found some real good gems however most have ingredients that break me out. The only one that I've found that doesn't cause skin issues was MAC Studio Fix powder but that has such poor oil control. I'm so greasy by 5pm. I switched to Clarins Everlasting powder and that was superior for oil control however it broke me out. I still have a special place in my heart for it but my skin hates it. So, recently picked up Milani Multi-tasker powder. So far, I really like it. I'm having a bad skin moment now so I'm not quite sure if this is the bugger that is causing it. I've been testing out a lot of new products lately so it could be anything. As for color choices, it doesn't come in a huge color range. However, I was lucky with the shade 04-Light Tan. The shades look very deceiving in the store. They all appear light and ashy looking. 04-Light Tan actually is a very close dupe for NC40 in MAC. 04-Light Tan is a warm toned shade and can work for ladies NC40-42ish range. The coverage is medium but can be built up to full depending on what brush or sponge you are using to apply it with. For a medium coverage, I use the Real Techniques Face Brush. For a full coverage or spot covering, I use a cosmetic triangle pad. Lastly, I have to say that I'm very impressed with the staying power of this powder. It stays on all day and even during exercising! So far, I like it but still researching to see if this is what is causing breakouts.
UPDATE: With daily use, this will promote breakouts. Back to Sudio Fix Powder until I find something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I hate to bring down the rating of this powder because it's not bad. As far as coverage goes, it provides very good coverage for a powder. Nothing crazy like mineral makeup or liquid foundation, but it has a buildable coverage that is fuller than other powder foundations I've used from the drugstore. I have used this to set my makeup and as a powder foundations on days where I don't feel like wearing liquid foundation. The color 02 light medium was a great color match for my NC20 skin, especially because it's so hard to find a good yellow toned powder in the drugstore.
I have 2 gripes about this powder. For one I have very oily skin and this powder breaks down as the day goes on. Although my face looks great and matte upon first application, after maybe 2 hours my face is a greaseball. In fact, sometimes I suspect my foundation wears better without this powder at all. I believe this is because this powder has a heavier coverage as opposed to a powder like Maybelline Stay Matte. The second reason I don't love this is because I have found that this powder broke me out a bit. I didn't always break out, but I noticed a few large breakouts on my cheeks especially after long days of sweating. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about break outs, but I am pretty sure this powder was the cause of my breakouts.
All in all, even without the breakouts I probably would not have repurchased. It looks lovely upon initial application, but I think I need a more mattifying powder. I would recommend this to someone with drier skin or someone who is looking for a powder foundation with decent coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this powder for the past 2 years now & I've definitely repurchased & I hope they never stop making it. Like another reviewer, I freaked out when I couldn't find it at Target anymore, & thought maybe it was discontinued, but I found it at Walgreens with the priced spiked up a bit, which is fine since my love for it is willing to pay a little more. There's a good amount of product & the packaging is beautiful!
I find it to be one of the smoothest powders I've tried from the drugstore, I can't compare it to anything high end, other than Clinique powders which aren't anywhere near as soft as these. There's absolutely no powdery-ness to this, it just feels so creamy and applies great with a powder brush for light coverage and w/ a sponge if you want it a little heavier.
BIG TIP: Apply this with a sponge or flat top brush for heavy powdery coverage, just go over your face w/ a setting spray & it looks SO FUH LAW LUSS, I can't tell you enough!!!! Thanks Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on Youtube)
I'm around an NC37-42 depending on the season. I made the mistake of getting "05 Tan" & it was a tad too dark/orange for me when it settled into my skin and oxidized. "04 Light Tan" was my best bet, but the Tan shade was excellent on the outer perimeter of my face & gave me just enough definition & matte bronzey-ness. Thank you Makeupalley reviewers for making me love this stuff!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was on the hunt for *the perfect* matte bronzer.

I saw this in Walgreens and the only colors were 06 medium tan and 07 deep tan.

I picked up 06 medium tan bc there was less red in it, and never looked back.

I had no idea this wasn't intended to be a bronzer lol, but it is amazzzing-- one of the best matte bronzers I've ever owned!

I am light skinned-- like an NC15-20. I'm very fair, and very yellow under toned. I blush peach not pink.

I have a very difficult skin tone to accommodate bc anything pink/red looks very artificial and anything too mud brown just looks dirty on my light skin. People with my complexion definitely have a hard time finding a bronzer.

The most natural bronzer I ever tried was Bobbi Brown in "natural"-- not too red or dark or dirty. I never got around to buying it bc honestly it's just too extravagant to me to spend that much on just bronzer.

This shade on the skin is quite possibly a dupe! It's the most natural match since I've tried that shade. I like this better than lorac, wayy better than NYC "sunny", mac, better than park ave princess.

I use this daily for contouring and it just looks so natural and so awesome. I'm so glad I found this, and so glad I didn't realize it *wasnt* bronzer LOL

This is def my HG matte bronzer. I hope they never stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder.

I use this in place of foundation and it works amazingly. I have a few minor acne scars and I don't like full coverage, but this powder with a bit of concealer underneath is enough for me. I'm on the oily, acne-prone side and this has not broken me out. I'm on my second compact as well. For shade reference, I'm around NC37-40 and I use 04 Light Tan. Definitely will consider repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Pixie410

Amazing powder. I went into sheer panic mode when my local Target stopped carrying it. But thank god, drugstore.com offers it in almost every shade. I use both 'light tan' and 'medium' with varying degrees of success. Both colors look amazing. The staying power and coverage is bar none the best. There is NO chalky residue, just a wonderful sheen of coverage that perks up my complexion, even on my worst sleep deprived days. I haven't found another powder that compares, not even the expensive beauty brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

First of all, thank you for all the honest people who have reviewed this product. I have finally found my holy grail powder.

Most powders do not last lang on my face but this lasted half day and started to lax about midday. I wore this with my E.L.F. HD Studio powder and it's a kickass combo. But alone it does wonder too. It makes my face smooth, lessens the appearance of pores, and covers minor blemishes.

The packaging is a little whimsical and for those people who like simple design, this might turn you off as the powder and the packaging has a bit of flowery and swirly engraving.

If you have skin like mine, I definitely recommend you this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best pressed powder I have ever used! I wish they carried it around where I live so I didn't have to travel 30 minutes to buy it but it's that good. Let me just say I work in the greasiest of all snack food factories and as part of my job I have to sanitize equipment in areas that reach well above 100 and this stuff holds up to the oil and sweat without settling into fine lines. No cakiness when I touch up during breaks. Great for me because I don't leave the house without a full face of makeup even though it's very impractical given my disgusting job.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by texasbernie

I have never posted a review of a product, but felt compelled to write one for the Milani Multitasker. I bought it in the light and it is great! Great Matte finish, not cakey. I just wish I would have found this sooner!