Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation

3.6

Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenylisopropyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Ureal, Methylparaben, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Citrate, Tristearin, Tocopherol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 1/20/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not the best foundation... but not the worst . I would not recommend this foundation for people with oily skin ( which I have).. it also made me break out a little bit so I immediately stopped using it.. On the flip side its super quick, super blendable, does not oxidize at all and if you get the right color it will match perfectly. I got this foundation from a friend who's mom is a Mary Kay consultant and she accidently got the wrong color so she gave it too me and the color was great. its also a little too sparkly for my taste.. I recommend this for people that have dry non acne prone skin. Oily skin people beware!

on 1/16/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was completely IN LOVE with the medium coverage foundation before they discontinued it and tried this. it's a little bit on the greasy side if you ask me and the colour is a little too light on my skin and the colour up from that was much to dark. I want my medium foundation back! It was so muh nicer and set nicely on my skin and fit my shade perfectly.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh, I was expecting something great, but must say this might be one of THE WORST foundations ever!! I have friends who love MK brand, so occasionally I will give things a try, but I think I'm finally finished with giving the benefit of the doubt.

The product makes my skin greasy, not luminous at all. It makes my pores appear larger, and exacerbates fine lines and imperfections. YUCK!

on 11/29/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is easy to apply, it's lightweight, gives great coverage, which can be added to with the Mary Kay mineral powder and is very resonably priced!

on 11/25/2012 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE This!!!!!! I am not much of a foundation kinda gal but this stuff is great when I feel like I need more coverage and it looks natural...I have received compliments when I wear it.....like, " you look great today" or "your face looks smooth"....I will definitely buy again and price is not bad.

on 9/23/2012 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Just bought this Foundation in Beige 2 and I am very impressed. Skin was moisturized w/o slick feel and no tightness. I will defintely be using this as my new Foundation. Has a beautiful look to it w/o the shne too. I would recommend this highly.

on 9/19/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Taking down a lippie because it broke me out. It's still a great foundation but I just can't tolerate cyclopentasiloxane in any form. Sad because I loved this finish and color match.

I don't want to even think about how much money I've spent on foundations over the past year.

For reference, my skin is: acne-prone, sensitive and aging (40 plus). I am sensitive to many of the popular 'cones in high concentrations. I am NW50 in Mac, with both red and yellow undertones. Sunscreen in foundation makes me look ashy and photographs horribly on me.

I have tried literally every foundation available in a brick and mortar store and a couple of mail-order mineral foundations. They all left me wanting.

Timewise Luminous in Bronze 8 is working for me right now. I love, love, love the shimmer on my dark skin. I actually like the richness of this color much better than the colors in Mary Kay's Medium-Coverage foundation (with that one, I had to mix two colors to get the (almost) right shade. I mixed Bronze 607 and 708) This one is a pretty flawless match.

It seems most of the complaints are about the staying power but I don't seem to have a problem with that. I set it in the morning with a loose powder and then use Mac Blot during the day. I blot a lot less than I do with say, a cream foundation. I don't wear primers because they break me out.

Cons: I wish this was a bigger tube and I wish they would have left out the cycolpentasiloxane on this. MK was one of the last companies to include that ingredient. It doesn't seem to be irritating my skin though and I haven't had any breakouts on the beginnings of under the skin bumps. I also wish this was available in stores but I order from Amazon.com so I don't have to go through a salesperson. I want to try the matte one also, just to do a comparison.

If you've tried everything else with no luck, give this a shot.

on 8/20/2012 5:07:00 PM

I said that I'd buy this again because when I ran out a few weeks ago, I just bought it again because I didn't know what else to buy.

I have dry skin, and its hard to get it under control. However, I thought this 'luminous' foundation would help with that. Wrong.

It feels looks alright when I first put it on.
It covers my uneven skin tone.
I'm 34 and have a few very fine lines by my eyes. I swear, this foundation makes it look worse. And by the end of the day, the dry skin that looks alright in the morning looks terrible. Even though my skin tone is uneven (a little redness), my skin actually looks younger when I wash the makeup off, and the little lines around my eyes are less noticeable.
I need to try something else but I don't know what.

By the way, I do NOT use the foundation brush the Mary Kay recommends. During my facial, the lady used the brush and it looked like a had a thick coat of shiny paint on my face....it was hideous. It's much better when applied with the fingers. :)

on 7/17/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Makes me glow and look fresh and new! Feels very light and blends so well into my skin! Everyone should wear it!

on 6/25/2012 6:31:00 PM

Being from the UK Ive never heard of the brand before, but since my friend was holding a mary kay party and I was in the market for a new foundation I thought why not!? I got matched up by the sales lady and I fit Ivory4 perfectly (neutral undertones).
I have normal skin which gets dry over the course of the day meaning make-up looks awful and no primer helps..and definitely not a powder!
so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this foundation to last a good 12 hours without turning my face into a flakey mess!
Infact my foundation looked perfect and the same as when I had applied it 12 hours earlier. This is definitely a first for me.

I would say its a light/medium coverage that it build-able and covers any redness easily without caking on. Although I do use a concealer anyway (mac studio finish nc20 matches this foundation shade perfectly) just to ensure any blemishes are covered completely.

The packaging is ok, its nice its in a tube which means no product will go to waste, but I do think screwing on the lid is a bit annoying. apart from that I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase!