Mary Kay TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation

3.6

Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenylisopropyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Ureal, Methylparaben, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Citrate, Tristearin, Tocopherol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 9/19/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Taking down a lippie because it broke me out. It's still a great foundation but I just can't tolerate cyclopentasiloxane in any form. Sad because I loved this finish and color match.

I don't want to even think about how much money I've spent on foundations over the past year.

For reference, my skin is: acne-prone, sensitive and aging (40 plus). I am sensitive to many of the popular 'cones in high concentrations. I am NW50 in Mac, with both red and yellow undertones. Sunscreen in foundation makes me look ashy and photographs horribly on me.

I have tried literally every foundation available in a brick and mortar store and a couple of mail-order mineral foundations. They all left me wanting.

Timewise Luminous in Bronze 8 is working for me right now. I love, love, love the shimmer on my dark skin. I actually like the richness of this color much better than the colors in Mary Kay's Medium-Coverage foundation (with that one, I had to mix two colors to get the (almost) right shade. I mixed Bronze 607 and 708) This one is a pretty flawless match.

It seems most of the complaints are about the staying power but I don't seem to have a problem with that. I set it in the morning with a loose powder and then use Mac Blot during the day. I blot a lot less than I do with say, a cream foundation. I don't wear primers because they break me out.

Cons: I wish this was a bigger tube and I wish they would have left out the cycolpentasiloxane on this. MK was one of the last companies to include that ingredient. It doesn't seem to be irritating my skin though and I haven't had any breakouts on the beginnings of under the skin bumps. I also wish this was available in stores but I order from Amazon.com so I don't have to go through a salesperson. I want to try the matte one also, just to do a comparison.

If you've tried everything else with no luck, give this a shot.

on 8/20/2012 5:07:00 PM

I said that I'd buy this again because when I ran out a few weeks ago, I just bought it again because I didn't know what else to buy.

I have dry skin, and its hard to get it under control. However, I thought this 'luminous' foundation would help with that. Wrong.

It feels looks alright when I first put it on.
It covers my uneven skin tone.
I'm 34 and have a few very fine lines by my eyes. I swear, this foundation makes it look worse. And by the end of the day, the dry skin that looks alright in the morning looks terrible. Even though my skin tone is uneven (a little redness), my skin actually looks younger when I wash the makeup off, and the little lines around my eyes are less noticeable.
I need to try something else but I don't know what.

By the way, I do NOT use the foundation brush the Mary Kay recommends. During my facial, the lady used the brush and it looked like a had a thick coat of shiny paint on my face....it was hideous. It's much better when applied with the fingers. :)

on 7/17/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Makes me glow and look fresh and new! Feels very light and blends so well into my skin! Everyone should wear it!

on 6/25/2012 6:31:00 PM

Being from the UK Ive never heard of the brand before, but since my friend was holding a mary kay party and I was in the market for a new foundation I thought why not!? I got matched up by the sales lady and I fit Ivory4 perfectly (neutral undertones).
I have normal skin which gets dry over the course of the day meaning make-up looks awful and no primer helps..and definitely not a powder!
so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this foundation to last a good 12 hours without turning my face into a flakey mess!
Infact my foundation looked perfect and the same as when I had applied it 12 hours earlier. This is definitely a first for me.

I would say its a light/medium coverage that it build-able and covers any redness easily without caking on. Although I do use a concealer anyway (mac studio finish nc20 matches this foundation shade perfectly) just to ensure any blemishes are covered completely.

The packaging is ok, its nice its in a tube which means no product will go to waste, but I do think screwing on the lid is a bit annoying. apart from that I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase!

on 4/7/2012 9:09:00 PM

I am a foundation slut. Sorry, it's true. I have tried everything. I didn't even give this a second look because having tried Merle Norman and being so disappointed, as well as, Avon, I didn't think this could compete with my current rotation of Ken, Scott Barnes, Chanel and Becca (my other fave). Honestly, I used this with and without the primer. I love it regardless. I have combo skin which tends to get dry around the eyes and I was worried about it settling in my pores. Nope! Color was spot-on and it has lasted all day! It hasn't oxidized on me (a lot of them do), it hasn't gotten spotty, or faded, or caked, or sunk in pores. It looks as fresh as when I first put it on. I really love this and will definitely be using this in the future. This is really one of the best foundations I have ever used.

on 3/31/2012 7:13:00 AM

I am 40 years old and have brown spots( sun damage) and redness from broken capillaries on my cheeks and nose. My skin is usually on the dryer side. I have been using all kinds of foundations such as CoverFX, Dermablend, Makeup Forever HD and I have to say this is the best foundation I have ever used to date. Covers my redness beautiful and had a little sheen to make me look less dry and young. If you don't like sheen, just pat some powder over it and now you are matte. Love this stuff!! I am Ivory 4 shade .

on 1/8/2012 7:12:00 PM

For people who want good coverage with a 'dewy' look. Not for people with oily skin IMO.

This is one of my favorite foundations ever. It goes on very smooth. Makes my skin soft and has good coverage without the super-thick makeupy look.

Perfect for ppl who experience dry skin, especially in the winter. I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing regularly before putting on any foundation.

I paired this with MK primer (which I love too).

Great for the price... also, it was nice having samples to try BEFORE committing to a color... so consultant is a +.

also... MANY shades to choose from =)

on 12/14/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation looks really nice on me when my skin is smooth and well-hydrated. It covers my redness and has a beautiful dewey look.

When I first started using this, my skin was dry and flaky. The foundation wouldn't stick (even using a primer beforehand and powder to set) and it made my skin look worse.

Now that my skin is under control, I like it a lot for covering color imperfections.

on 8/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I normally wear Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Beige 400 (sheered out with some face lotion to help match my skin better and to make it look more dewy). I decided to try the Luminous-Wear version so that I wouldn't have to keep adding a step to my makeup routine (which I don't do everyday if I don't have to). My MK consultant came over and tested two colors on me (Beige 800 and Bronze 1). She preferred the Bronze 1 on my summer skin (I'm naturally tan with olive-yellow Asian skin), but I thought it looked slightly too tan on me. I see it in the mirror. It's fairly sheer, so it might have worked, but I knew I wouldn't be this tan in the winter, so I went for Beige 800. That one ended up still being not the right color---maybe slightly too light on me. I like the dewiness it gives, but if you're looking for better coverage, this won't do much. It just gives a sheer wash of foundation to your face. For the price ($20), I expected a bit more. I wish I could find the right shade for my skin, but I either have to mix the two colors, or go back to using the Medium Coverage in Beige 400. If you're looking for something light, that gives you a dewy glow, this might be for you.

on 8/5/2011 12:27:00 PM

I have never tried Mary Kay foundations before, but after my positive experience with their concealer and reading the great reviews on the new line of TimeWise foundations, I thought I would give them a try. I purchased Luminous-Wear in Ivory 4 on eBay after doing a tonne of research trying to figure out what shade would work for me. Successfully Ivory 4 is a great match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15, Vichy Dermablend Opal, Rimmel 100, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.
Personally I found this foundation just didn't work for me in terms of coverage, finish, and longevity of wear. I found the coverage to be sheer to light and not buildable. The finish is dewy and extremely luminous, but not a good kind of luminous I like on my skin. I love the luminous and glowy finish Revlon PhotoReady delivers, but Mary Kay's luminosity was way too much for me. It almost looked like I used Benefit's High Beam all over my face! Additionally after only 2 hours of wear the foundation begins to break down, oxidize, and sink into every possible line and crease. I literally looked like a hot, greasy, and glow in the dark mess.
Sadly this foundation just didn't work for me despite multiple attempts using different moisturizers, primers, and setting powders.