April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Foundations - Mary Kay - TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by caiusmommy

For people who want good coverage with a 'dewy' look. Not for people with oily skin IMO.

This is one of my favorite foundations ever. It goes on very smooth. Makes my skin soft and has good coverage without the super-thick makeupy look.

Perfect for ppl who experience dry skin, especially in the winter. I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing regularly before putting on any foundation.

I paired this with MK primer (which I love too).

Great for the price... also, it was nice having samples to try BEFORE committing to a color... so consultant is a +.

also... MANY shades to choose from =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Prisscat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation looks really nice on me when my skin is smooth and well-hydrated. It covers my redness and has a beautiful dewey look.

When I first started using this, my skin was dry and flaky. The foundation wouldn't stick (even using a primer beforehand and powder to set) and it made my skin look worse.

Now that my skin is under control, I like it a lot for covering color imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally wear Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Beige 400 (sheered out with some face lotion to help match my skin better and to make it look more dewy). I decided to try the Luminous-Wear version so that I wouldn't have to keep adding a step to my makeup routine (which I don't do everyday if I don't have to). My MK consultant came over and tested two colors on me (Beige 800 and Bronze 1). She preferred the Bronze 1 on my summer skin (I'm naturally tan with olive-yellow Asian skin), but I thought it looked slightly too tan on me. I see it in the mirror. It's fairly sheer, so it might have worked, but I knew I wouldn't be this tan in the winter, so I went for Beige 800. That one ended up still being not the right color---maybe slightly too light on me. I like the dewiness it gives, but if you're looking for better coverage, this won't do much. It just gives a sheer wash of foundation to your face. For the price ($20), I expected a bit more. I wish I could find the right shade for my skin, but I either have to mix the two colors, or go back to using the Medium Coverage in Beige 400. If you're looking for something light, that gives you a dewy glow, this might be for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never tried Mary Kay foundations before, but after my positive experience with their concealer and reading the great reviews on the new line of TimeWise foundations, I thought I would give them a try. I purchased Luminous-Wear in Ivory 4 on eBay after doing a tonne of research trying to figure out what shade would work for me. Successfully Ivory 4 is a great match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15, Vichy Dermablend Opal, Rimmel 100, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.
Personally I found this foundation just didn't work for me in terms of coverage, finish, and longevity of wear. I found the coverage to be sheer to light and not buildable. The finish is dewy and extremely luminous, but not a good kind of luminous I like on my skin. I love the luminous and glowy finish Revlon PhotoReady delivers, but Mary Kay's luminosity was way too much for me. It almost looked like I used Benefit's High Beam all over my face! Additionally after only 2 hours of wear the foundation begins to break down, oxidize, and sink into every possible line and crease. I literally looked like a hot, greasy, and glow in the dark mess.
Sadly this foundation just didn't work for me despite multiple attempts using different moisturizers, primers, and setting powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sadiewoo

I am really loving this foundation. I am wearing Ivory 6 (NC25) and the coverage is excellent but looks natural - dewey (not greasy or full of sparkles).This wears well all day long even in this Texas heat. I also like the matte version, but my skin needs the extra moisture I get with this. I am so glad that Mary Kay came out with these new foundations and they are affordable.Get a sample and give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this and the matte version and really love both. It really is a"dewey" look if you don't like that, don't even bother but I think it makes my skin look beautiful, not greasy. I found I like the luminous for more of my evening out or weekend makeup and have been using the matte for everyday/work. I love everything about these - coverage, feel, application, shades, no breakouts (amazing feat for me). I actually have Beige 1 in Luminous and Ivory 6 in Matte and both work well for my NC20 skin. Would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Just tried this again and boy do I wish that I had the results as the other reviewers. This highlighted every dry flaky spot, settled into my fine lines and itched. I tried it over the Mary Kay primer the next time and the foundation did not last longer as I had hoped but wore in the heat very patchy where it stayed on and in the other spots it disappeared and congregated on my lower jaw line in a big clump--not pretty. Migrated to my eyebrows too. Not long lasting enough for the south during the summer. And even though there are a lot of colors, all of the ivories and 3 of the beiges(all the colors I tried) were peachy looking and obvious on my face. It certainly would help to have a MK rep try them on you directly or you will have to try several samples. I had hoped for better than the drugstore but this experience did not pan out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by juliermeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation after hearing positive things about it on MUA and seeing reviews on youtube, and were positively surprised by the colorrange. (i settled for ivory 6) At first, after applying the foundation in a light layer with a flat top foundation brush, the result seemed ok. Sure, in the daylight my face looked a bit greasy, but this was on a hot summerday so i blamed the weather.

The next time i wore it, i applied more for a fuller coverage, and let me just say; this foundation is not builadable at all - unless you want youre face to look sweaty. Turns out the weather wasnt the bad guy making my skin look bad, the foundation was.

I expected subtile shimmer in the foundation; instead i ended up looking like a glittery greaseball even though i have dry skin. The one zit i had was extremely noticeable after applying the foundation over the concealer - more noticeable than before applying anything. How thats even possible i dont know.

I clensed my face, used lotion and primer before applying the foundation, and settled it with finishing powder. Still this result.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using mineral foundation and have been wanting to find a great liquid foundation. I have been disappointed in the drugstore foundations color ranges. So I contacted my Mary Kay consultant to try some samples of this foundation. My skin is normal to dry, so I went with the Luminous-Wear over the Matte-Wear. I am impressed by the color selection available and that they actually skin toned colors. It seems like so many foundation these days are too orange or too pink. I matched well to the Beige 4. However, I was considering the Ivory 5. The coverage is medium, but is buidable. The finish is amazing! When it said "luminous" I expected it to be shimmery or too dewy. But it's not. Its a great foundation that simply makes your skin look amazing! It wears well. Does not feel cakey or mask-like. I can hardly feel it on. I am so glad I decided to purchase this foundation. I did purchase the foundation primer also and would suggest checking it out too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by makesmesway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I felt this to be the most natural looking Mary Kay foundation I have ever used. There are plenty of shades, two skin type options, and it appears to be very blend-able and lightweight. This is the first time I have ever made a decision to want to re-purchase a Mary Kay foundation. Best liquid foundation I have ever used period. Honestly the only reason why I am writing this review is to decrease the chance of Mary Kay replacing this foundation in the future!