St. Ives St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

10oz for six bucks! I just can't believe what a steal this is. As many of you know, Dr. Oz said this moisturizer is the best out there. I'm not a follower of him so I never paid much attention until I researched this product online. First of all, I'm someone with oily adult acne prone skin. I avoided all "anti-aging" products due to the idea that most will be too clogging and heavy for my skin type. With 40 around the corner, I was still using oil-free teen crap to help combat my skin. As time went on, my skin became oily and dehydrated because ingredients in these products were drying out my skin causing it to overproduce oil and acne. What worked in the past now is ruining my skin. The week before Xmas, I had 15 active zits =O. Today, I only have three. My foundations look amazing over this moisturizer. It is heavy but not greasy. you need to wait a few minutes for it to fully penetrate into the skin. It doesn't make my skin appear oily. I use a generous amount morning and night. It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts. It does have a scent but it is light and clean. The main key ingredients are hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolyzed elastin & safflower oil. The only downside is that the only store near me that sells this is Walmart and I hate that store!

on 12/26/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

All I have to say is that this product works. It helped my super dry skin. Before I had wrinkles and creases when I wear makeup and just look old. Now I look my age again a young but not old 25. Now when I wear foundation and powder no more ceasing. Also no more dry patches. It's winter and this is the first time I have had continuous moisturized skin even when I don't use this product my skin STAY smooth and moisturized. I have been using it for 6 months and it changed my life people compliment my skin a lot.I no longer need foundation just to walk out the door to do something simple. I now have the confidence that I use to have back when I was 16 and 18 before the stress came in my life and made me look old. I love st ives products the facial scub is a must. It's been six months that I've been using this product and still I haven't even touched what's in the tub.I been using what's in the top. you get a lot of product for 5 dollars and a little bit seriously go a long long way. Also I haven't had any breakouts from this. And I love the smell of this stuff. It make me thinkof the 90s for some reason.😕

on 12/23/2014 11:13:00 PM

I use this as my nightly moisturizer. It is fairly affordable it is six dollars for this huge jar of products. it is lightly scented and absorbs fairly quickly and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. it does not clog my pores.I am not sure if it will give long-term results but I'm fairly happy with it as a moisturizer for now.

on 12/17/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is absolutely amazing. This soaks in so fast and make my skin so moisturized! Will definitely be buying this again.

on 12/17/2014 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The list of positive things I could write about this moisturizer is endless. I LOVE IT!!! My skin is sooooo dry in the winter and I have spent too much trying to find something that actually works to get rid of my dry patches. I feel like I have tried it all... The other day I was shopping for a new face wash because my previous purchase gave me an allergic reaction. My boyfriend was with me and actually picked up this moisturizer and said "I feel like this is the only thing you haven't tried for your dry skin, and it smells much better than the Ponds lotion you use" hahaha. (He does not like the smell of the Ponds dry skin cream I used before). It was only 5 bucks so I got it.. and I LOOOOOVE it. Smells so nice and even though it is lightweight it completely moisturizes my poor dry skin. I also love that it didn't give me any type of reaction because I was cursed with really sensitive skin :( overall I am so in love and will continue to buy forever. My skin just loves this stuff, and it is so affordable. HIGHLY recommend.

Skin type: dry (winter is reallllly dry), occasional breakouts, medium skin tone.

on 12/10/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is one of the cheapest moisturizers for fine lines. The smell smells like plants its not bothersome at all. Its very lightweight and not that moisturizing and thats good for me because i have oily skin. It did make my skin feel firmer. I think the whole st ives line is really good and affordable. This also gives my skin a slight glow.

on 10/10/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Haven't noticed any wrinkle reduction. The tub packaging is also not very hygienic. Pass.

on 10/10/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this tub of goodness. Used it for years, actually. No bad smell, easy to apply the right amount, and effective. And that price...whooosh! Yes please.

Someone below mentioned how bad mineral oil is, and advised us to research. Well, I did that (actually that's my background - clinical research). And what I found was that the reality is quite different from the myths. Yes, do your own research - but do it properly. Look for studies, for journal reports. Not websites who really don't know of what they speak.

Mineral oil gets a very bad rap...for no real reason at all.

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go to moisturizer. I have tried super expensive brands and creams, but find this to be the best across the board. Unless you have super dry skin, this is perfect for everyone. My grandma, mom, and I all use it and the tub lasts forever. I have combination skin, but find that this really balances my skin well. When I use is consistently, I don't have dry spots or oily spots, just normal skin. It is does not clog pores, and actually helps heal any blemishes I have by moisturizing the skin around it and lessening the irritation. Love this!

on 8/30/2014 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I grew up when kids played outside all day, and I don't think my parents had even heard of something called sunscreen. As I've gotten older I've realized that my skin, especially on my chest area, is pretty sun-damaged.

After doing some research here on MUA I decide to pick up a tub of the St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I feel the product is a bit heavy for my face, so I only use it on my neck & chest area. I've only been using it twice a day for a few weeks, but WOW! The difference in the look & texture of my skin is remarkable. A few years ago I had a pre cancerous spot removed, and sometimes the skin around that area would become very flakey. Since I've been using this moisturizer, I've noticed this is becoming less of a problem.

I use a small amount so I'm pretty sure the jar will last a long time, but I already know that it's something I'll be using for a very long time. In fact I may even stockpile a few jars just in case it's ever discontinued.

Popular Moisturizers