St. Ives St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Love this stuff!! its working like a charm on my forehead lines, and gives my skin a beautiful glow after I use it. I decided to try it after I used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and was impressed with that. I like the easy to use jar it comes in (though I think it could use a sheet of plastic or something you rip off before using, because what's to stop someone from sticking their finger in it in the store?), and the smell is subtle but pleasant. Its not super thick or heavy, but it definitely has body and volume to it. A little dab will do ya - I'm still using product from the inside of the lid - so for the price, you're getting a fantastic amount of a great product.

on 7/12/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't start using this product until 8 weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! Initially I was concerned because I have oily skin that is far more oily during the summer. Now, I use this twice daily and I cannot go a day without it. It leaves my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. My skin looks supple and healthy. If you have not tried this moisturizer, you are certainly missing out on a great product!

on 7/8/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mositurizer is excellent for oily or normal skin. It is light and absorbs quickly. The price is so good if you do not object to using a big tub (I do not). I use it on my neck, above my upper lip and undereye area but not on my face because I am acne prone and use mositurizers only on selective areas that do not break out. Althoug the second ingredient is mineral oil, the cream is not a bit oily. The fragrance is mild, milky herbal that I did not find objectional. Many people would find this a highly useful and inexpensive product.

on 7/7/2014 10:36:00 PM

I just picked this up tonight to try. My teacher recommended it because it was found to be the best moisturizer, even better than the high-end stuff. (She also works at a department store in the beauty department for a high-end retailer). She told us about a study they did, which provided this cream as the most effective one. I'll write another review once I've tested it. Side note* look for body lotions with lanolin in it!!! The only one I could find in the drugstore was Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter, which you can get a HUGE bottle for under $5.00!!!

on 6/13/2014 11:23:00 AM

First off, the price is amazing... very very affordable at less than $4 a tube. I have the tube version but I know it comes in a tub version as well. I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. It really worked for her and made her skin feel SO soft. I was also drawn to the "collagen" claim as well lol. Unfortunately this did not work out so well for me. It's probably due to the mineral oil in it. Everytime i wore this, it broke me out! I have started using this as a body moisturizer and it seems to be good for that. I wouldn't repurchase this again. I do love the fresh scent though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For some reason this lotion keeps breaking me out. I first used it as an everyday moisturizer.. and it gave me some acne spots. Then i used it as a night time moisturizer and i put it on before i went to sleep.. in the morning i woke up and had white heads or small white pmples (not sure what they're called) everywhere i used it. Now i use it on my neck and it doesnt react there but it kind of sucks that i cant use it on my face. It smells nice, its not that thick and not overly heavy the skin but only negative is that it keeps giving me a reaction. Im sure it would work well for most people though.. maybe it just has an ingredient that my skin doesn't like.

on 6/7/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

When I used this for the first time, I thought this moisturizer was the reason for the current break outs and stopped using it right away. I gave it a another try and this is best thing ever. It didn't break me out but at first it didn't moisturize enough but when I changed my cleanser I had no problems with this.

on 6/1/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really was excited about this and had high hopes. When I first picked up this product, I smelled it and it does have a smell and I don't like to use things that have smell, but I thought, "Well, it has collagen-elastin, so I'll get over it." The smell does bother me that much, and no I can't get over it like I thought I could! It also felt greasy and heavy to me. Oh well.

This is by far my most essential beauty product! I have dry skin and this moisturizer seems to magically moisturize my skin and give it the prettiest texture and sheen. It is never slimy or sticky and the best part about it is how it looks under makeup - flawless. I have always struggled with finding a moisturizer that doesn't make my foundation look splotchy, and this is the best best best for everyday wear.
I put it on at least twice a day - at night and in the morning. It was recommended by Dr. Oz and it said to have all the benefits of every expensive high end collagen cream out there. I have a wrinkle on my forhead and it seems to have become less prominent since I've been wearing this stuff regularly. I can't say enough good things about it. We buy it in bulk and my husband has even started using it!
It does come in a tub, so if you are a germaphobe, that might be a problem for you. But this stuff has never made me break out and if anything, it helps heal my breakouts faster. It is the best face lotion in all the land and I will die if they ever discontinue it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say for having oily skin this does a great job of lightly moisturizing and doesn't make my skin more oily than usual. Very light with a nice fresh scent. I don't like the huge awkward tub it comes in so I transferred a smaller amount into a smaller container. Love it for nighttime.