July 29, 2014 | 1867 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LolaMathilde

Hi ladies! This is my first product review on makeupalley because it has not been until recently my skin has been breaking out horribly so I never really had the need to be on the search for products like this. It used to be the occasional spot somewhere in my tzone but recently numerous began to sprout on my cheeks of recent. Those that are gone have left scarring and those that are fresh are the same in nature which is ominous.. I believe this is the result of wearing make up to bed too often after big nights out. Anyway! I found the reviews on this stuff and got it for $50AUD at Woolworths. While this is pretty steep, it was well worth it. I have been using this product for four days and my existing pimples have shrunken almost to the point of disappearance, my open pores have tightened, scars have visibly reduced in redness, and my skin is radiant and glowing! I cleanse my face with a foaming cleanser beforehand and then apply about one pump's worth straight to my clean skin. I personally give tiny extra dabs to my spots and scarring. I use an exfoliating cleanser in the morning to be rid of the dead skin cells it left in its wake an voila! Follow up with toner and a moisturiser (spf15+) to avoid drying out (and having your fresh layer of skin seared by the sun). I have given the elixir four lippies because I haven't been using it long enough to judge the result of its compound effect. Nonetheless, a godsend for this newly fresh-faced girl! I really wish I could attach the before and after shot of the night before I used it and the first morning after. Astounding. Really. Xx

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This "moisturiser" that I feel is more of a serum/treatment claims more hydrated and smoother skin in 1 night and resurfaced skin after 7 nights. I don't know if this worked for me in 1 night or a week (I couldn't tell), however, in saying that, after over a month of continuous use, my skin is noticeably smoother! It is directed as "designed to be used alone", I am not sure why this is, but I followed that instruction and it seemed to do me well. Tiny bumps on my forehead has disappeared, and texture of my skin is much better. Packaging is great cos one pump is enough for the entire face, goes on sticky but smooths out dry. Possibly too drying as a lone moisturiser for most but my combination skin was able to take it. It contains 8-10% Glycolic Acid and so I must be diligent on high SPF during the day to avoid any dreaded sun spots/pigmentation. I will update after I finish the bottle :).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

I like this product more than most of Olay's stuff.

I felt a difference the first time I used it.

You can get this for about $10, so don't spend more on that unless you need it ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product almost two weeks ago. It cost $35 in Canada and was praying to all high hell that it would work and it has! I use it every night before bed along with my skin routine. This is the last thing I use before going to bed. It feels great on my skin and has a lovely silky feeling to it. I haven't had any burning issues, redness or dryness.

When I wake up in the morning it comes off easily when I wash my face and leave no residue behind. While the pricing is a bit steep for the size of the bottle as it is small, nonetheless it has done wonders for my face, neck and decolletage. My pores are smaller, my skin is brighter and that dull nasty look I was sporting is gone. My skin looks of that of 32 year old again.

I normally use one pump for my whole face and neck. I am hoping like someone said earlier that it will last like 10 months because I don't want to pay $35 bucks each month for it. Nonetheless if your face can handle AHA at 8-10% then I say try it. However if you are not sure, then I would recommend (as it is noted on just about every product) do a small spot check before applying it all over your face.

Moreover this treatment is only for the NIGHT time and you NEED sunscreen every morning if you are going to be using this. SP 20 or higher is recommend unless you want your skin to burn and become irritated in the sun.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product turned out to be too harsh for my sensitive redness-prone skin. It can exacerbate redness and cause allergic reaction. I applied it before going to bed a couple of times, once waking up with radiant smooth skin and the other time with my skin slightly irritated and a bit itching. In the course of the day the redness and itching gradually subsided and my skin was back to normal but honestly I think it is not worth the risk...I will use the rest of the bottle on my hands. However, I'm just being extra cautious. I honestly think it is a gem, but unfortunately not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by karenvira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne and PIH scars that i am waiting to fade, i bought this product because i was hoping it would help my PIH scars and help the skin turn over more quickly. The active ingredient is glycolic acid, which after much internet searching i found out it contained about 8-10% which is the norm for non prescription products, higher amounts are used in derm offices for chemical peels. Anyways, instead of using this products just once a day, i begain using it 2x a day to hopefully encourage more skin turnover since i cant afford to go get chemical peels done professionally. Using it twice a day has helped my skin slightly, the spots are lightening, and my skin is more glowing, however its still not enough since my skin is more damaged than the norm. Because of this, I purchased a higher concentration of glycolic acid for "at home peels" (about 30% which i will also slightly dilute) to use bimonthly, and in between those treatments i use this olay night elixir, and both together have helped clear up my skin and my uneven skin tone so much. Its not a miracle worker, but i think if you have only slightly uneven skin, or dull skin and just want it to glow it will be perfect. I will repurchase the product, even tho its not the best, its a pretty good quality

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by killrdolly33

I love this product. I initially bought it to control my acne but it doesn't really treat pimples but does prevent cystic ones from forming. My main reason for keeping it is that it makes my face glow. I wanted to make sure it was this product that was giving me that healthy glow so I stopped using it for three days and what a horrible three days; my skin looked dead and dull. I applied it back on the fourth day and my skin looked bright and amazing again. I paid $22 at my local grocery store and this was 10 months ago. It lasts a long time, you only need one pump but I sometimes use two pumps because I like applying it on my neck. Oh and the first month I used it I didn't see results, it was on the fifth week it started working, so don't give up! FYI I have acne on my cheeks along with scars on the cheeks and chin. I have an incredibly oily T-zone and dry patches where the acne is located. I will repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by skinjunkie08

with the mixed reviews i thought i might give this a try..i have combination skin which leans more on the oily side..a pimple on those time of the month..im am fair skinned..freckle prone :-) after my first week of use didn`t see much difference .might as well use ,since its an expensive drugstore brand, it after the second week a friend of mine noticed how smooth and dewy my skin looks..you know like i look fresh..and she asked me what i use..told her abt this olay stuff..btw i have the complete set..and just yesterday another friend said my skin would pass for a 28 y.o...im 35 :-) ...got some more compliments after that...will definitely use this again..and will send some to my girlfriends..PS..i tried using it on my neck..bad idea..my neck was red all over..so i`ll just stick this to my face..anyway all in all..nice product...effective..and worth the price..i just use this at night and my 1st bottle is still half full..been using this for 3mos now..need to use sunblock in the morning though..

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for my skin. I have been using it for only 4 nights, but I already see a difference. This has made my skin softer, smoother, and feel less dry. My skin appears to be looking clearer. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and normal everywhere else), but lately my skin has been on the drier side. The flakes that I had before using this are completely gone and I also notice that my tzone is a lot less oily. For around $25, this is a great nightly treatment. I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this nightly under night moisturizer (Estée Lauder) and saw no difference. Kept trying for about a month, zero change from just using the moisturizer. No results for my skin, period. Switched to Philosophy Miracle Worker serum, far superior product and actually feels good when applied. The Olay was a little sticky when applied.