April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mlopezcano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive purchased Pure darkest Brown, so im only reviewing for this exact shade...
My hair was light brown with hints of red, and has turn out brown (but a little darker than expected.)
I tried many dye products, and after reading the reviews of this product i was regretting the choice i made purchasing this product. I honestly though my hair was gonna fall out or something... but today i decided to try my luck and do it! ignoring the bad reviews and thinking about the positive ones. And im glad i have because my hair has turned out great, i dont have grey hairs so i can possibly say if its good for it or not for that matter....
BUT it hasnt damaged my hair, the conditioner is great, and the colour has turned out lovely (darker than expected but it lights up after a few washes.)

Best dye i tried yet!
No mess, accurate color, uniform, nice hair condition, and cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by joop2

I am pretty surprised at the negative reviews posted here. I've been using S.Mousse for two years now and never had a bad experience with it. Hair tone gets just as "sublime" as it says and feels silky. oh i wouldn't use the product to brighten my hair than it naturally is. If I dye my hair lighter than its natural color with many hair-dye-at-home products, most of the time my hair loses its shine and becomes like streaky. But this one just improves the tone of my hair and gives a brilliant shine on it. Love it. and it's hell easy to apply by myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Tartini

I've been dying my hair for years (including other mousse types) and I've never had a terrible result like this. Super super patchy :( Will never ever buy again. (Naively after the first pack came out patchy, I bought a second thinking somehow I hadn't been thorough. Even after doing it TWICE, it was still awful.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by MES

I used to color my hair at home religiously, but for the last two or three years I have been going to the salon. Moneys a bit tight so I decided to give at home hair color another try. I used shade 60, Pure Light Brown. It definitely isn't light brown, or anything close to the shade on the box. I starting shade was maybe one shade lighter than what was on the package, so this should have been in the safe zone. The shade is a medium to dark brown. I chose the Sublime Mousse specifically for this shade as some of the other types said light brown on the box, but were not really all that light. If you need a point of reference for what this shade will really turn out like, look at the box of Preference light brown. The product itself isn't terrible, I just think they need a more accurate representation of the shades. I like that the foam didn't drip, and nor did it have a strong ammonia smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by modegirl12

I love this product! I have thinning hair and it is a waste of money to have my hair professionally colored. I have been trying for awhile to find an at home product to apply myself. I was skeptical to try this because of the reviews. It was on sale at CVS and I had a coupon, so I took the chance. For me, the mousse method is perfect compared to the original gelish method. It did not stain my thinning scalp, skin(like around the ears) or hairline. I have a few noticable grey hairs right in the front hairline and on the temples. This product covered it nicely enough that the grey is not noticable. It was very simple to mix and apply as long as you follow the directions. The color(#50 pure medium brown) came out slightly darker than the box, but it actually matches closely to my original color. The coloring is consistent no matter where I applied the mousse first. Unlike the other regular at home brands, when I apply it to my grey areas and scalp the color never matches the rest of the hair and the scalp staining can be really annoying. The color I received was even and rich enough that it doesn't look like an obvious at home job. I would recommend this product if you are looking for a nice even color. The color, in my opinion, is not drastic, but you are buying a drugstore brand.
If they try to discontinue this product in the future, I will stock-up because I love it that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by chelseybun

Intense Hot Brown #56 has been discontinued and replaced by Hot Brown #565 is this the same colour, even L'oreal helpline has no idea???

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Niassa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just keep wondering why (WHY?) manufacturers provide misleading photos and colour swatches for hair dyes? Why not be honest?
Have just coloured my hair with Sublime Mousse in 700 (70) Pure Very Light Brown. Gorgeous hair colour on the packaging, exactly what I was after. My colour to that moment was just a tad darker with redder roots and ashier length, so I assumed this dye would just even out my colour. Swatches on the box say that this shade lightens brown and light brown hair. But no! I'm now two shades darker - level 6 or even 5 probably. Hope it will fade as other reviewers promised.
Product itself was easy to apply, however, it didn't foam up in my hair. Also, the salesgirl said one bottle would be enough for my hair (it's shoulder-blades long at the back and shoulder length in front) and I had just enough. I can't say my hair was well saturated, I was afraid there would still be dry patches. And most likely there were because now my hair looks like a bit highlighted here and there (which I don't mind). Post-colour balm was useless. I agree with other reviewers who said that their hair felt dry like straw. Same here, however, I have plenty of conditioners, so I just conditioned my hair with other products and it looks shiny and healthy though very dark to my liking. Waiting for it to fade.
PS Have seen youtube video where a blond girl used this shade with amazing results - she got exact colour as on the box. How?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This was SO easy to use. I've always had problems with dying my own hair and always had to have help, especially for the back of my head. This went on so easy and covered my hair so quickly, and it didn't get all matted and sticky like the regular bottle dyes do to my hair. I didn't take much notice at the time, but there was barely any horrible strong hair dye smell and now that my hair is dry I can't smell any residue either. It rinsed out really quick too. My hair feels soft and it's shiny, it is a TAD darker than the box colour but I think that's to be expected and it will fade a bit. I will definitely be using this again in the future.
UPDATE: Although I did like the process of this and at FIRST the colour came out great... it faded almost completely out after 3 washes! So much so that my hair was left different shades on either side of my head! My hair also now feels really really dry and brittle. I wanted to love this product because it was SO SO easy... but I just can't! Back to Nice'N'Easy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Danielle292

I love this, defiantly the best box hair dye i have used, and i have tried most of them! Its easy to use and gives an even colour. It doesn't have as much of an reddish/gingery undertone other dark down hair dyes seem to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by renneyg

After a not so good experience with the Garnier nourishing color mousse, i decided to give this a whirl. My initial impulse was to go for the dark blonde but alot of reviews talk of it being way too dark. That said i went for color 800 in Pure Blonde. FYI my hair was faded dark blonde with highlights tinted with Feria's P102. I left the color on for a good 30 mins, i was worried because my roots looked very warm, not red but very warm, this subsided a bit when i rinsed the color out. Even before applying the conditioner i was amazed at how silky my hair felt. After conditioner my hair felt great. No scalp irritation. Color itself is not the same as the box but very close to what i was after, medium blonde, warm at the roots and cooler on the ends. Being slightly warm at the roots gives it an almost iridescent hue which i think is quite flattering to my NC25-30 skin tone. What it does do is blend with your own hairs tones, which i wasnt expecting, so the color is more natural and not flat. Overall, im pretty pleased with result and will definately try it again.