November 24, 2014 | 1654 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My last coloring with Nutrisse looked good and was shiny for a very short time, everytime I washed my hair more and more color would come out to the point that my hair was orangy brown, however my hair always turns really red anytime I use Nutrisse, last color was light ash brown and by week 3 it looked pretty bad. So I did some research and was curious about foam haircolor, read about this one and saw on youtube a lot of positive reviews. Since I wanted to go back to the darker side of brown I chose pure light brown knowing that they run very dark, I got a beautifiul semi sweet chocolate brown type of color, no red, it covered all my orangy brown, the ends have a little bit left because I left the product for only 10-15 minutes on the ends, I wasn't sure if the ends were gonna soak up the color like they do with Nutrisse. Color came out the same from root to tip, I can see the parts were I missed on the roots in the crown area and behind my ears but that was my fault, I don't find foam color too user friendly but I like the fact that color comes out even, no more patches, uneven color. When I was rinsing my hair it didn't feel dried out or squeaky clean, the conditioner comes in a very generous sized tube, smells really good and turned my hair into silk, when I dried it it had no frizz and was mega shiny. The only negative is that I got a mad rash wherever this touched my skin, took a Benadryl and swelling diminished.
04/10 did root touch up and I was able to do it easier than the first time, noticed that the developer from this second box was 20V and the first one I used was 25V, application on the first one was 25 mins, second one 30 mins, so there are different products out there, this one with the 20V didn't give me any rashes, so far the color on the roots looks the same as the rest.
06/09 used it again in pure light brown but this time the roots got lighter and the ends didn't get too much color and came out a little dull, not sure what happened, I don't think I can use this product for roots, it's very difficult for me to apply it there like I do with regular cream or gel color

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jeae101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just dyed my hair with this hair dye! The reason why i wanted to dye my hair again is because my blonde roots were growing in and some of my blonde hair was showing through. The last time I died my hair was about 15 weeks ago at the salon, and it was so expensive ($150!), so i decided to try and colour my hair at home. The foam hair dye seemed as easy to apply as shampoo, so i decided to give it a try. I purchased the colour Pure Light Brown, shade 60. I would have to say that the colour on the box is a little bit lighter then what you will end up with, because my hair ended up being kind of a medium brown. But i love it! It was so easy and quick to apply and i didn't spill a drop, and i hardly got anything on my face, but what did washed away with water, which is good because I have school tomorrow haha. After i rinsed it out i used the conditioner it came with, which is very soothing and smoothing! This hair dye left my hair very soft and silky and it was just the colour I wanted. I will be re-purchasing! Good job L'Oreal! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Pure Darkest Brown shade for my medium brown hair with hints of red (dark brown roots growing in).

Pros:
* foam does not stain scalp and does not drip
* foam is easy to spread through hair (I have mid-back length hair)
* the conditioner smells very good and that along with the dye have left my hair the softest/silkiest it has ever been

Cons:
* my hair turned out much darker than I expected with only hints of brown, but mostly black and I only left it in for 10 minutes!
* the smell of ammonia is so strong - almost sickening
* the foam dries in your hair very quickly
* The packaging - once you pump the foam into your gloves, it is impossible to continue using the pump without the bottle slipping, sliding, and falling all over the place, thus creating a mess.

Overall, it is a pretty good hair dye, although the swatches aren't 100% accurate.

** Update:

After about 15 washes, my hair has faded. It is not so black anymore. It is finally the deep chocolate color that I was actually going for! My ends faded a little more, so they are almost back to the natural light brown that I started with, which isn't a huge problem for me because my colors are still blended and don't look like patches (knock on wood).

Another update: although I said I would not repurchase, today I ended up repurchasing. Who ever bought a box dye to correct frizzy, damaged hair? Well I did today because something about this dye just makes my hair so shiny and sleek!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mlopezcano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive purchased Pure darkest Brown, so im only reviewing for this exact shade...
My hair was light brown with hints of red, and has turn out brown (but a little darker than expected.)
I tried many dye products, and after reading the reviews of this product i was regretting the choice i made purchasing this product. I honestly though my hair was gonna fall out or something... but today i decided to try my luck and do it! ignoring the bad reviews and thinking about the positive ones. And im glad i have because my hair has turned out great, i dont have grey hairs so i can possibly say if its good for it or not for that matter....
BUT it hasnt damaged my hair, the conditioner is great, and the colour has turned out lovely (darker than expected but it lights up after a few washes.)

Best dye i tried yet!
No mess, accurate color, uniform, nice hair condition, and cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by joop2

I am pretty surprised at the negative reviews posted here. I've been using S.Mousse for two years now and never had a bad experience with it. Hair tone gets just as "sublime" as it says and feels silky. oh i wouldn't use the product to brighten my hair than it naturally is. If I dye my hair lighter than its natural color with many hair-dye-at-home products, most of the time my hair loses its shine and becomes like streaky. But this one just improves the tone of my hair and gives a brilliant shine on it. Love it. and it's hell easy to apply by myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Tartini

I've been dying my hair for years (including other mousse types) and I've never had a terrible result like this. Super super patchy :( Will never ever buy again. (Naively after the first pack came out patchy, I bought a second thinking somehow I hadn't been thorough. Even after doing it TWICE, it was still awful.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by MES

I used to color my hair at home religiously, but for the last two or three years I have been going to the salon. Moneys a bit tight so I decided to give at home hair color another try. I used shade 60, Pure Light Brown. It definitely isn't light brown, or anything close to the shade on the box. I starting shade was maybe one shade lighter than what was on the package, so this should have been in the safe zone. The shade is a medium to dark brown. I chose the Sublime Mousse specifically for this shade as some of the other types said light brown on the box, but were not really all that light. If you need a point of reference for what this shade will really turn out like, look at the box of Preference light brown. The product itself isn't terrible, I just think they need a more accurate representation of the shades. I like that the foam didn't drip, and nor did it have a strong ammonia smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by modegirl12

I love this product! I have thinning hair and it is a waste of money to have my hair professionally colored. I have been trying for awhile to find an at home product to apply myself. I was skeptical to try this because of the reviews. It was on sale at CVS and I had a coupon, so I took the chance. For me, the mousse method is perfect compared to the original gelish method. It did not stain my thinning scalp, skin(like around the ears) or hairline. I have a few noticable grey hairs right in the front hairline and on the temples. This product covered it nicely enough that the grey is not noticable. It was very simple to mix and apply as long as you follow the directions. The color(#50 pure medium brown) came out slightly darker than the box, but it actually matches closely to my original color. The coloring is consistent no matter where I applied the mousse first. Unlike the other regular at home brands, when I apply it to my grey areas and scalp the color never matches the rest of the hair and the scalp staining can be really annoying. The color I received was even and rich enough that it doesn't look like an obvious at home job. I would recommend this product if you are looking for a nice even color. The color, in my opinion, is not drastic, but you are buying a drugstore brand.
If they try to discontinue this product in the future, I will stock-up because I love it that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by chelseybun

Intense Hot Brown #56 has been discontinued and replaced by Hot Brown #565 is this the same colour, even L'oreal helpline has no idea???

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Niassa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just keep wondering why (WHY?) manufacturers provide misleading photos and colour swatches for hair dyes? Why not be honest?
Have just coloured my hair with Sublime Mousse in 700 (70) Pure Very Light Brown. Gorgeous hair colour on the packaging, exactly what I was after. My colour to that moment was just a tad darker with redder roots and ashier length, so I assumed this dye would just even out my colour. Swatches on the box say that this shade lightens brown and light brown hair. But no! I'm now two shades darker - level 6 or even 5 probably. Hope it will fade as other reviewers promised.
Product itself was easy to apply, however, it didn't foam up in my hair. Also, the salesgirl said one bottle would be enough for my hair (it's shoulder-blades long at the back and shoulder length in front) and I had just enough. I can't say my hair was well saturated, I was afraid there would still be dry patches. And most likely there were because now my hair looks like a bit highlighted here and there (which I don't mind). Post-colour balm was useless. I agree with other reviewers who said that their hair felt dry like straw. Same here, however, I have plenty of conditioners, so I just conditioned my hair with other products and it looks shiny and healthy though very dark to my liking. Waiting for it to fade.
PS Have seen youtube video where a blond girl used this shade with amazing results - she got exact colour as on the box. How?