April 16, 2014 | 1861 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by MennaK

Wow have I been cheated! I live somewhere where I don't have much access to a lot of makeup brands, so when I want to buy something I have to order it online, so I pay a LOT for something like this. This palette set me back about $17 which is quite a lot for something that originally cost $5. Anyway I didn't mind the cost, as I know how costly international shipping is, and I ordered it anyway. What a HUGE waste of money! This palette is absolute crap. I hate the pigmentation of the colors, I don't like the intensity of the shades, and not to mention the colossal amount of fall out. This palette was such a disappointment because I was so looking forward to try the wnw palettes and also because I loved the plum-ish colors. Too bad it's of such bad quality or else it would've been such a nice add to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wet N Wild has some of the best eyeshadows I have ever tried. This palette is no exception. I own the other to Color Icon Palette's even though this is the one I have always wanted the most, but for some reason I never picked it up or it was always sold out. I have brown/hazel eyes (more on the hazel side but they are small so they look darker to 98% of people) and purples/lilacs really look great on darker eyes. My favorite shade to use is the "highlight" shade on the right side. It is absolutely the most gorgeous pink/lilac shimmery color I have ever seen! Not only that but it is SUPER pigmented and goes on like butter. I paired it with Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo in "Inked in Pink" and I wore Urban Decay's "Fishnet" all over the lid which is beautiful...pop this on the inner corner and voila! the most gorgeous perfect look. All of the other colors are pigmented and unique and they all blend quite well. The more matte colors are definitely a bit more "chalky" but if you use a primer underneath it completely solves the problem. For4.99$ at Wal Mart this palette is such a good deal. Even if you only like 1 or 2 of the colors, it is well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by HeidiF69

I consider myself a WnW collector, so I was surprised I hadn't bought this one yet. I wanted a nice selection of purple shades since I normally wear neutrals. I really love this one! The first one reminds me of brule with a purple tint. My favorite is the eyelid shade on the right (second one down) it's a sparkly light wine shade that looks wonderful on my light brown eyes. I used the lid shade on the left and that in the crease, with the first shade on the inner corner. I also love how this has both blue toned purples on the left, and the more lilac toned ones on the right. The colors that seemed chalky when swatched on my hand actually turned out very nice on the lid after using primer. Give it a chance! At $4.99 you can't lose!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kittyfan4456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette yesterday and swatched it instantly once I got home. I was seriously disappointed with the eye shadows. Majority of them felt chalky- something I wasn't expecting from the palettes. My first 8 icon palette was comfort zone, and I was blown away by the texture and pigmentation of the shadows. However, this palette doesn't just involve chalky eye shadows, but surprise surprise, the eye shadows aren't pigmented...AT ALL. I for one usually wear neutral eye shadows and I felt like I needed to change up my style. Yet, (IN MY OPINION) the colours in this palette are too sheer for neutral eye shadow wearers like myself! Would I repurchase? In my opinion, I won't. However, I will use this palette up, since it's not hard to build up the colours.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

I bought this palette along with the other two, Blue Had Me At Hello and Comfort Zone, and I was so pumped to finally see them in stock at a Wal-Mart. Each palette was five dollars. While I enjoyed the other two palettes, this was really disappointing and also the one I was most excited to use because I love purple. Apart from the lilac shade, these colors look pretty interesting and not like any other purple eyeshadow I have. I was really pumped to try the two "Definer" shades as well as the third down on the right side; it looks like a really pretty, shimmery deep reddish brown color.

Unfortunately all of these colors really fell short. The two browbone colors are chalky and give no mentionable color payoff. The eyelid lilac color also has no notable pigmentation with one layer; I had to work with it for quite some time before I even saw an uneven light purple that didn't look nearly as majestic as it does in the pan. The other eyelid color just deposits reddish glitter. All four lower shades are extremely dry and the shimmery ones just leave you with a smear of uneven glitter.

In short, skip this palette and get the other two if they appeal to you. This one completely lacks the smooth, blendable texture that we've come to expect from the new WnW eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was hyped up so much on YouTube and I only felt like 2 of the shades where decent.
I found that they appeared to swatch insanely pigmented but when tried to use on the eyes, I found this product was extremely hard to pack on and very hard to blend, but most importantly was extremely chalky. So much fall out, and this product was so hyped up. I love wet n wild, I love their "walking on eggshells" and their eyeliner but this was a fail for me

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by barbiedolled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On a quest for some nice new purple shades to add to my collection, after seeing all the great reviews here on MUA and on YouTube, I picked up this Petal Pusher palette. I'm a huge fan of Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows (I own a few of their Color Icon trios) and think they are spectacular so I thought hey, can't go wrong with this buy! I picked this up from Walmart for $5, and was so excited to go home and try it out!

It was upon swatching that my excitement subsided. (I want to note that I swatched everything over Urban Decay's Original Primer Potion).

The two Browbone shades are extremely chalky and unpigmented. This shocked me, because of the trios that I own, the Browbone shades have always been nothing but velvety and pigmented for me. As for the Eyelid shades, the lighter of the two is no better than the Browbone shades...just completely chalky and the color does not transfer well at all. The burgundy-ish Eyelid shade is a little bit better: it has a bit more pigmentation than the former ones (not considerably, but it does), and at the very least it isn't as chalky. However it still lacks the sufficient amount of pigmentation needed to create a look easily. I feel that I would have to go over the color repeatedly on my lid just to get it to be the color it looks like in the packaging, which is disappointing because it really is a lovely shade.

The Crease shades are where it gets better. I swatched the purple Crease shade next to Urban Decay's Gravity and it is a PERFECT dupe. It is extremely pigmented and absolutely gorgeous - for me, it is the standout shade in this palette. LOVE. The shade next to it, the black, is the exact same as the black that comes in the Silent Treatment trio. Just wanted to throw that out there. It is a beautiful, pigmented shade of black with a subtle reddish glitter.

As for the Definer shades, they are just as pigmented and lovely as the Crease shades. The purple one (it actually looked kinda blue to me when I first looked at it, haha) is a lovely, I would say, light purple when swatched, and it has a gorgeous iridescence to it. The black next to it is just as well formulated: it is a deep black with silver glitter in it.

Overall, I was pretty let down.

The Browbone and Eyelid shades are just not that great Wet 'n Wild quality I've grown to love, I do not appreciate the chalkyness and lack of pigmentation therefore I know I will never use them. As far as the Crease shades go, I own Urban Decay's Gravity (which I mentioned is a great dupe for the purple Crease shade) and I also own the same sparkly black that comes in my Silent Treatment trio. There is no need for me to have these if I already have the same colors in my collection. The ONLY color that was new to me, and that was gorgeous in both pigmentation and shade, is the purple Definer shade. I am not planning to keep this palette for ONE shade that whilst gorgeous, I know I will not use all that often. I own Urban Decay's Blue Bus and have swatched them next to each other - it will give a similar look in both iridescence and tone, and whilst they may not be a perfect dupe for one another, it is more than good enough for a color I know I will not be reaching for all that often.

I would say that if you are just starting out your collection and do not have any colors like these, go for it. Even though you will only get use out of about half of this palette, I'd say that the half that you are going to be getting use of has some really lovely shades and the $5 price tag on it isn't too steep (mind you you're getting an Urban Decay dupe in this palette!) It's just that for me, personally, the lighter shades were a huge letdown and if I already have the colors that actually worked for me, I'd rather return this and get my $5 back. I think I'll be sticking to the Color Icon trios.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I probably should not have purchased this palette, purples just do not work well on me. I look like I've been punched. I can wear the occasional plum, but these were not for me.

I purchased the palette because one of the shades is a dupe for MAC beautymarked.

Colors aside, I feel like some of these don't apply the same as the other Wet "n" Wild Color Icon shadows. They can be a little streaky and uneven. They don't seem to have the same buttery texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by lydiafan77

I am so tired of buying purple eyeshadows and ending up throwing them out because they don't look good on me. I have and Olive skin tone. Almost Tan. Dark hair, dark eyes. These shadows I will buy for the rest of my life or until they are discontinued. All the colors in this pan look good on me, I have 4 diffferent eyeshadow applicators and brushes that I use to apply. I don't use the applicator that is in this pack.
So no more looking for my purple shade collection. Only 5 dollars. Almost bought a duo for 18 at Kohls, the American Beauty brand purples is 17.50, but didnt buy it. Going for this WnW instead, happily!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is that I don't feel that I use the colors enough. There are some nice colors in it, I just don't reach for them as much as my others. There are really only 2 colors that really stand out to me. The rest are unmemorable.