September 21, 2014 | 1006 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Such lovely collection of purples and pinks for spring and summer time :D

Price: $5 USD
Colours
Left Browbone: shimmery pinked white
Left Eyelid: shimmery pale blue-based pink
Left Crease: shimmery mid-tone violet
Left Definer: pearlescent medium blue-purple
Right Browbone: super light lilac with pink duochrome-like frost
Right Eyelid: rosy copper with golden shimmer
Right Crease: blackened burgundy-plum
Right Definer: blackened green with silvery/green sparkles
Pigmentation: light to medium
Texture: buttery and powdery
Wear time: 5-6 hours

The medium colours lack in pigm. department but if you have a thick base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Cottage Cheese or Lavender will do), the colours show up better.
For 5 bucks, you can't really complain ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

WHOAH, JUST WHOAH. Sorry about the other reviewers, but this palette is friggen amazing on my green eyes. ALL the colours come out soft and creamy on me, and highly pigmented, and actually last all day without creasing. If this was in a fancy packaging and sold at a department store, it could easily go for $50 with good marketing. I usually use only high end makeup, but theres no way i'm buying a high end palette or shelling out money when I can get something like THIS. It cost me $5 altogether with tax. DAMN GOOD BUY

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have all three palettes and this one is my favorite. I use this palette a lot when I'm going out at night. I follow tutorials on youtube as well as create my own looks. With primer, my eyes look as fabulous in the early morning hours then they did right after application. You can make a subtle lavendar day look and a vamp night look. The quality is typical of WnW, which in my opinion is the best of drugstore e/s. Good pigmentation, blendable, and while not quite as buttery as HE e/s they are not too dry or powdery either. If you like DS makeup and you like purple this is a no-brainer and will be a great addition to your collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought all three of the pallets in this collection. This one just didn't do it for me. Most of the lighter colors were chalky and hard to blend. The darker colors are heavily pigmented but cause a ton of all out. I think they should reformulate some of the eye shadows in this pallet to make it better. I would not repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette is not one that I reach for a lot, just because a lot of the colours are very dark and pigmented and being my age, my parents don't let me wear dark shadows.(you can understand that,right?) Like I said before,the colours are very richly pigmented except, sadly, the lavender colour on the left side! One of the best colours but I definitely need a primer AND and white base. It's a bit of a hassle but it's worth it given the colour you get in the end. GORGEOUS!! And that lavender-gold shade on the right side? Strange and beautiful at the same time!! Overall, a very good palette! If they were being discontinued (hopefully never) I WOULD DEFINITELY STOCK UP!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by MennaK

Wow have I been cheated! I live somewhere where I don't have much access to a lot of makeup brands, so when I want to buy something I have to order it online, so I pay a LOT for something like this. This palette set me back about $17 which is quite a lot for something that originally cost $5. Anyway I didn't mind the cost, as I know how costly international shipping is, and I ordered it anyway. What a HUGE waste of money! This palette is absolute crap. I hate the pigmentation of the colors, I don't like the intensity of the shades, and not to mention the colossal amount of fall out. This palette was such a disappointment because I was so looking forward to try the wnw palettes and also because I loved the plum-ish colors. Too bad it's of such bad quality or else it would've been such a nice add to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wet N Wild has some of the best eyeshadows I have ever tried. This palette is no exception. I own the other to Color Icon Palette's even though this is the one I have always wanted the most, but for some reason I never picked it up or it was always sold out. I have brown/hazel eyes (more on the hazel side but they are small so they look darker to 98% of people) and purples/lilacs really look great on darker eyes. My favorite shade to use is the "highlight" shade on the right side. It is absolutely the most gorgeous pink/lilac shimmery color I have ever seen! Not only that but it is SUPER pigmented and goes on like butter. I paired it with Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo in "Inked in Pink" and I wore Urban Decay's "Fishnet" all over the lid which is beautiful...pop this on the inner corner and voila! the most gorgeous perfect look. All of the other colors are pigmented and unique and they all blend quite well. The more matte colors are definitely a bit more "chalky" but if you use a primer underneath it completely solves the problem. For4.99$ at Wal Mart this palette is such a good deal. Even if you only like 1 or 2 of the colors, it is well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by HeidiF69

I consider myself a WnW collector, so I was surprised I hadn't bought this one yet. I wanted a nice selection of purple shades since I normally wear neutrals. I really love this one! The first one reminds me of brule with a purple tint. My favorite is the eyelid shade on the right (second one down) it's a sparkly light wine shade that looks wonderful on my light brown eyes. I used the lid shade on the left and that in the crease, with the first shade on the inner corner. I also love how this has both blue toned purples on the left, and the more lilac toned ones on the right. The colors that seemed chalky when swatched on my hand actually turned out very nice on the lid after using primer. Give it a chance! At $4.99 you can't lose!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kittyfan4456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette yesterday and swatched it instantly once I got home. I was seriously disappointed with the eye shadows. Majority of them felt chalky- something I wasn't expecting from the palettes. My first 8 icon palette was comfort zone, and I was blown away by the texture and pigmentation of the shadows. However, this palette doesn't just involve chalky eye shadows, but surprise surprise, the eye shadows aren't pigmented...AT ALL. I for one usually wear neutral eye shadows and I felt like I needed to change up my style. Yet, (IN MY OPINION) the colours in this palette are too sheer for neutral eye shadow wearers like myself! Would I repurchase? In my opinion, I won't. However, I will use this palette up, since it's not hard to build up the colours.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

I bought this palette along with the other two, Blue Had Me At Hello and Comfort Zone, and I was so pumped to finally see them in stock at a Wal-Mart. Each palette was five dollars. While I enjoyed the other two palettes, this was really disappointing and also the one I was most excited to use because I love purple. Apart from the lilac shade, these colors look pretty interesting and not like any other purple eyeshadow I have. I was really pumped to try the two "Definer" shades as well as the third down on the right side; it looks like a really pretty, shimmery deep reddish brown color.

Unfortunately all of these colors really fell short. The two browbone colors are chalky and give no mentionable color payoff. The eyelid lilac color also has no notable pigmentation with one layer; I had to work with it for quite some time before I even saw an uneven light purple that didn't look nearly as majestic as it does in the pan. The other eyelid color just deposits reddish glitter. All four lower shades are extremely dry and the shimmery ones just leave you with a smear of uneven glitter.

In short, skip this palette and get the other two if they appeal to you. This one completely lacks the smooth, blendable texture that we've come to expect from the new WnW eyeshadows.