April 18, 2014 | 1372 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mugdhap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad bottle but ,y shampoo was so watery! I would pump it out and it would just run throughout my fingers like water. I ended up having to use an awful lot of this for my thick below should length hair. I t left my hair feeling a little too squeaky clean but this was ameliorated by using the matching conditioner, which I love! In fact, I ended up throwing out the shampoo because it was just too painful to use (plus I hate the smell-kind of like a rancid pine tree) but I kept the conditioner because it makes my hair feel amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by north76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product!
strongly recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover0987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in search of a good sulfate free and healthy shampoo for my scalp, and I'm glad I picked this one up! The ingredients in it are good and no harsh things in it that will strip your hair or are not good for your scalp just really good :) This cleans my hair very thoroughly like if it did have sulfates, and creates a rich amazing lather which I love as well. It rinses out easily, but if you spend toooo much time under the shower rinsing it out your hair
can feel a little bit stripped but even like that my hair and scalp still feel great and not too dry! The packaging is great too, I love that it comes in a pump.

Overall I really do like this shampoo and it is worth the price :) I highly think anyone should try it out, especially if you are new to sulfate free shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by dancedance_003

I have used this shampoo for over a year and it's my favorite non-sulfate shampoo. It doesn't make my back breakout, which is the main reason why I switched to non-sulfate. Initially, I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't rinsing out clean. My hair still looked dirty, matted and felt oily. I eventually realized that I wasn't using enough product. I wash my hair every two days, so by the end of day two, my hair gets extremely oily, and I find that I have to wash my hair twice with this shampoo. I use a tiny bit for my first wash to break up the oils in my hair. Rinse. Then, I go back with more product on the second wash, and I find that I can get a really good lather using this method. It leaves my hair squeaky clean yet, doesn't dry out my scalp. I have medium Asian hair and this stuff doesn't weigh them down at all. However, my mom also tried this shampoo and it made her fine hair really limp and flat, so I wouldn't recommend this to finer hair types. The consistency is light and creamy and I personally like the scent. I'm still on my first bottle and almost halfway through with it, so it lasts a very long time for me. I found this at TJMaxx for $20 (32 ounces) which is way more cost efficient than buying 12 ounces at Ulta for $16. I love it so much that I already bought two backups. Overall, highly recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My wavy/curly color-treated hair is dry, and my scalp is dry and sensitive. This creamy shampoo lathers well and contains mild cleansers - the label says they're skin cleansers. I wash my hair twice a week and air dry. The shampoo doesn't irritate my scalp, as many shampoos do, or dry out my hair. It encourages the curl. My scalp is no longer itchy and my hair has shine and fullness. The only negative is the strong fragrance. I don't like it, but it doesn't seem to be causing me any problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Cleanses hair gently (I use it on my oily hair every day) without nasty sulfates. I bought the 1000ml product, and so far a little seems to go a long way, especially with occasional clarifying treatments. This is an excellent value product - look for it on strawberrynet.

*********UPDATED REVIEW***********

I violently hate this shampoo. I've had to go through my products one by one to figure out why my hair has been so nasty and it's this! The ends and lengths are so dry they constantly feel like they've been dipped in sauce (gross). It also doesn't clean my hair thoroughly - I have extremely fine hair, so it should be the easiest to clean. That so many other reviews are glowing makes me wonder - are they rotating products or have they just not used this long enough, or is my hair bizarre-o? I'd buy some cruddy Pantene before I use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 13each13um

Holy smokes I love this shampoo! It's sulfate free, paraben free, ph balanced, and vegan! (Not that I plan to eat it, lol.) Anyway, I have been looking for a sulfate free shampoo that doesn't leave my hair feeling gross/unwashed afterwards and this one really makes my hair and scalp feel clean after washing. And like another reviewer said, I swear my hair feels fuller and bouncier when blow drying it since I've started using it (about a month now). The only negative thing is the smell (kind of like public bathroom hand soap smell) and the price ($19.99 @ TJ Maxx... even more expensive online)! I also use the Intensive Hair Repair Masque with it (which smells a bit better... kind of like artificial cherry blossom scent) and I think the combination has made a real difference in my hair. Also, I like that it's not stripping my hair and scalp of necessary oils. Unfortunately I'm still not at the stage where I can skip a day without washing my hair, but I hope to eventually get there (as I feel that my hair may be starting to thin due to past terrible shampoos and lots of damage from various heating tools-- even though I use products before applying the heat). Anyway, I like it and hope to find it somewhere else for a bit less in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is very nice and gentle. It has an inoffensive smell and lathers quite well.

I use a large amount because I have thick curly hair and work it in well. I concentrate more on my scalp and it gets the build up off completely without the feeling of stripping everything away.

My hair is always soft and feels very healthy after I use this shampoo. It does make my hair more manageable.

DermOrganic is very nice about their samples, I'd recommend trying it to see how your hair responds as it is on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SAK582

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry colored hair that gets unruly with humidity. I liked the sound of this shampoo because it says PH balanced with no harsh chemicals that are found in standard shampoos. It does NOT say hypoallergenic, but I am trying it anyways because of the rest of the advertising. I have had good luck with some of the Argan oil leave-in serums making my hair soft. I have used this shampoo a few times so far with the argan leave-in rubbed sparingly through towel dried hair. So far it seems to work great. The real test for me is to see if it causes any contact dermatitis, flaking, etc that I normally experience with 50 million other shampoos on the market that I have tried. It usually takes several weeks for me to build up a reaction to a product. I will post an update in a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

NOOOOOOO….I wanted to like this shampoo. But how could I when it dried out my hair. UGH such as a disappointment, especially because this stuff does not come cheap. Not worth it for me. A lot of people found this product but for my hair type (very long colored naturally straight hair) it did not work.

Good news is you can try the trial sizes like I did beforeeee you spend the whole arms and leg lol.

Good Luck!