DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

4.2

Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.

on 10/20/2013 6:46:00 PM

I have a longer review under the DermOrganics Masque that includes my comments on the whole set. So far, I've cycled my dermorganic products in with other shampoo/conditioners, and avoided it for daily use after my hair dried out and suspected these products where contributing. Except for the oil, the products smell of cedarwood oil, which can be irritating, so I think if I use these products too much it tends dries my hair out. After cycling these products 'out' for a while, I decided, now that my hair is in stable condition, I'd try the entire set again, and WOW, I got the same first-time fabulous results!

I'm happy with my purchase overall, and my hair has been in good condition since introducing these products into my stable. Especially if I have product building up and damage, and my hair feels hard and I want a vavoom hit-the-reset-button on my hair. I wash thoroughly with this shampoo, followed with 30 minutes of the masque and a few drops of the the oil. My hair is full, lush (!), bouncy and full of movement and body.

on 10/17/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So not impressed. I had issues with pureology making my scalp pink & itchy & experienced the same with this product.. My hairdresser commented on my slightly irritated scalp & unlike other reviewers experiences, she was definitely not gushing about great my hair was when using the product. I got on close out at target for like $16 & that was still pretty pricey. I didn't like the fact it smelled like shaving cream! I also have concerns about the issue that reviewer zeusandcoco brought up about their animal cruelty policies. Feel this product is way over priced and just average at best.

on 9/22/2013 10:26:00 PM

I sought out this shampoo and the matching daily conditioner as a result of the reviews on MUA. I have thin hair and have been looking for a gentle but effective cleanser for my hair and scalp. Although the product is sulfate free, paraben free, vegan, these attributes were a bonus rather than a requirement for me. What I do look for is a rich lathering shampoo that cleans well without stripping. I was very pleased with the cleaning properties and will purchase it again IF I can find it at my nearby Winners. I paid $39.99 for a one litre bottle of this poo and a matching daily conditioner of the same size.

on 9/13/2013 8:53:00 PM

This is a creamy lathering shampoo that almost lives up to the raves. Together with the hair masque it does a beautiful job on my shoulder length hair, which is wavy and has started to go a little frizzy as I have gotten older. This makes my hair very full, soft, and shiny. No frizz.

The main downside for me is the fragrance. I totally agree that the scent is cherry cough syrup/ gas station rest room deodorizer/ odd. But it's just odd in a way that fails to enhance my shower experience -- not odd in a way that clings to my hair in a cloying cloud of toxic fumes for a day and a half. (Although I did look for "No pthalates" on the bottle and did not find it -- the fragrance can't possibly be organic.)

Anyway, by the time my hair dries, the scent has calmed down a lot. For which I am grateful, because my hair looks really good when I use it. When I don't use it, it's because I just can't face the fragrance.

on 9/3/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this shampoo for a while, just finishing up the 1 litre bottle and I'm hoarding a couple more just in case! I got this for $20 at Winners which I think is totally reasonable. I love that I'm using a truly natural product (skin deep rating was 2 or 3, can't recall) and so far my hair has been much less dry and I've had far fewer split ends than I used to. This cleans without stripping my hair. I have a tendency to frizz and this combined with Ojon's Dry Recovery conditioner seems to mostly keep my frizzies at bay. I think I'm going to go clean out my local Winners now as I haven't seen this product sold anywhere else in Canada!

on 8/28/2013 2:01:00 AM

This is great shampoo free of so many bad things! Parabens and gluten are the things I must not have in beauty products. This shampoo gently cleanses, not overly sudsy. I use it daily ,in the summer,with the conditioner. Works great for curly hair!

on 8/24/2013 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Maybe I got a bad bottle but ,y shampoo was so watery! I would pump it out and it would just run throughout my fingers like water. I ended up having to use an awful lot of this for my thick below should length hair. I t left my hair feeling a little too squeaky clean but this was ameliorated by using the matching conditioner, which I love! In fact, I ended up throwing out the shampoo because it was just too painful to use (plus I hate the smell-kind of like a rancid pine tree) but I kept the conditioner because it makes my hair feel amazing.

on 8/1/2013 9:01:00 AM

great product!
strongly recommend this

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up in search of a good sulfate free and healthy shampoo for my scalp, and I'm glad I picked this one up! The ingredients in it are good and no harsh things in it that will strip your hair or are not good for your scalp just really good :) This cleans my hair very thoroughly like if it did have sulfates, and creates a rich amazing lather which I love as well. It rinses out easily, but if you spend toooo much time under the shower rinsing it out your hair
can feel a little bit stripped but even like that my hair and scalp still feel great and not too dry! The packaging is great too, I love that it comes in a pump.

Overall I really do like this shampoo and it is worth the price :) I highly think anyone should try it out, especially if you are new to sulfate free shampoos.

I have used this shampoo for over a year and it's my favorite non-sulfate shampoo. It doesn't make my back breakout, which is the main reason why I switched to non-sulfate. Initially, I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't rinsing out clean. My hair still looked dirty, matted and felt oily. I eventually realized that I wasn't using enough product. I wash my hair every two days, so by the end of day two, my hair gets extremely oily, and I find that I have to wash my hair twice with this shampoo. I use a tiny bit for my first wash to break up the oils in my hair. Rinse. Then, I go back with more product on the second wash, and I find that I can get a really good lather using this method. It leaves my hair squeaky clean yet, doesn't dry out my scalp. I have medium Asian hair and this stuff doesn't weigh them down at all. However, my mom also tried this shampoo and it made her fine hair really limp and flat, so I wouldn't recommend this to finer hair types. The consistency is light and creamy and I personally like the scent. I'm still on my first bottle and almost halfway through with it, so it lasts a very long time for me. I found this at TJMaxx for $20 (32 ounces) which is way more cost efficient than buying 12 ounces at Ulta for $16. I love it so much that I already bought two backups. Overall, highly recommend!

Top Rated DermOrganic Products