December 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sought out this shampoo and the matching daily conditioner as a result of the reviews on MUA. I have thin hair and have been looking for a gentle but effective cleanser for my hair and scalp. Although the product is sulfate free, paraben free, vegan, these attributes were a bonus rather than a requirement for me. What I do look for is a rich lathering shampoo that cleans well without stripping. I was very pleased with the cleaning properties and will purchase it again IF I can find it at my nearby Winners. I paid $39.99 for a one litre bottle of this poo and a matching daily conditioner of the same size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a creamy lathering shampoo that almost lives up to the raves. Together with the hair masque it does a beautiful job on my shoulder length hair, which is wavy and has started to go a little frizzy as I have gotten older. This makes my hair very full, soft, and shiny. No frizz.

The main downside for me is the fragrance. I totally agree that the scent is cherry cough syrup/ gas station rest room deodorizer/ odd. But it's just odd in a way that fails to enhance my shower experience -- not odd in a way that clings to my hair in a cloying cloud of toxic fumes for a day and a half. (Although I did look for "No pthalates" on the bottle and did not find it -- the fragrance can't possibly be organic.)

Anyway, by the time my hair dries, the scent has calmed down a lot. For which I am grateful, because my hair looks really good when I use it. When I don't use it, it's because I just can't face the fragrance.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this shampoo for a while, just finishing up the 1 litre bottle and I'm hoarding a couple more just in case! I got this for $20 at Winners which I think is totally reasonable. I love that I'm using a truly natural product (skin deep rating was 2 or 3, can't recall) and so far my hair has been much less dry and I've had far fewer split ends than I used to. This cleans without stripping my hair. I have a tendency to frizz and this combined with Ojon's Dry Recovery conditioner seems to mostly keep my frizzies at bay. I think I'm going to go clean out my local Winners now as I haven't seen this product sold anywhere else in Canada!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by bameiboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great shampoo free of so many bad things! Parabens and gluten are the things I must not have in beauty products. This shampoo gently cleanses, not overly sudsy. I use it daily ,in the summer,with the conditioner. Works great for curly hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mugdhap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad bottle but ,y shampoo was so watery! I would pump it out and it would just run throughout my fingers like water. I ended up having to use an awful lot of this for my thick below should length hair. I t left my hair feeling a little too squeaky clean but this was ameliorated by using the matching conditioner, which I love! In fact, I ended up throwing out the shampoo because it was just too painful to use (plus I hate the smell-kind of like a rancid pine tree) but I kept the conditioner because it makes my hair feel amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by north76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product!
strongly recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover0987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in search of a good sulfate free and healthy shampoo for my scalp, and I'm glad I picked this one up! The ingredients in it are good and no harsh things in it that will strip your hair or are not good for your scalp just really good :) This cleans my hair very thoroughly like if it did have sulfates, and creates a rich amazing lather which I love as well. It rinses out easily, but if you spend toooo much time under the shower rinsing it out your hair
can feel a little bit stripped but even like that my hair and scalp still feel great and not too dry! The packaging is great too, I love that it comes in a pump.

Overall I really do like this shampoo and it is worth the price :) I highly think anyone should try it out, especially if you are new to sulfate free shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by dancedance_003

I have used this shampoo for over a year and it's my favorite non-sulfate shampoo. It doesn't make my back breakout, which is the main reason why I switched to non-sulfate. Initially, I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't rinsing out clean. My hair still looked dirty, matted and felt oily. I eventually realized that I wasn't using enough product. I wash my hair every two days, so by the end of day two, my hair gets extremely oily, and I find that I have to wash my hair twice with this shampoo. I use a tiny bit for my first wash to break up the oils in my hair. Rinse. Then, I go back with more product on the second wash, and I find that I can get a really good lather using this method. It leaves my hair squeaky clean yet, doesn't dry out my scalp. I have medium Asian hair and this stuff doesn't weigh them down at all. However, my mom also tried this shampoo and it made her fine hair really limp and flat, so I wouldn't recommend this to finer hair types. The consistency is light and creamy and I personally like the scent. I'm still on my first bottle and almost halfway through with it, so it lasts a very long time for me. I found this at TJMaxx for $20 (32 ounces) which is way more cost efficient than buying 12 ounces at Ulta for $16. I love it so much that I already bought two backups. Overall, highly recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is curly, short, and color-treated. I shampoo twice a week and let my hair air-dry. This creamy, thick shampoo lathers well and contains mild cleansers - the label says they're skin cleansers. Unfortunately, it has a very strong fragrance. The first time I used the shampoo it worked great and left my hair looking shiny and full with no scalp irritation. However, when i used the shampoo three days later my scalp became irritated and itchy the following day. I suspect the cause was the fragrance. If they just eliminated the fragrance this would be a perfect shampoo for those whose hair needs more conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Cleanses hair gently (I use it on my oily hair every day) without nasty sulfates. I bought the 1000ml product, and so far a little seems to go a long way, especially with occasional clarifying treatments. This is an excellent value product - look for it on strawberrynet.

*********UPDATED REVIEW***********

I violently hate this shampoo. I've had to go through my products one by one to figure out why my hair has been so nasty and it's this! The ends and lengths are so dry they constantly feel like they've been dipped in sauce (gross). It also doesn't clean my hair thoroughly - I have extremely fine hair, so it should be the easiest to clean. That so many other reviews are glowing makes me wonder - are they rotating products or have they just not used this long enough, or is my hair bizarre-o? I'd buy some cruddy Pantene before I use this again.