September 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Conditioner - DermOrganic - Masque Intensive Hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've run the gamut in hair products for my bleached blonde, processed hair. I used to keep it short because I had to. When you process your hair every month and want to keep it healthier, you must condition it regularly. Processing gives you split ends, that's a given. I was resigned to short haircuts. Six months after using the line of DermOrganics shampoo and the Masque, I now have a chin-length bob with layers growing in. That's how good this product has been for my hair. For the first time in years, I've been able to grow my hair and it's shiny, soft, manageable and I actually get compliments on how good it looks.
I went with the Masque instead of the conditioner, actually trying the conditioner first. I found the Masque to be more beneficial for my uses and what I do to my hair.
I have fine but thick processed hair. You can imagine over the years what damage the processing can to your hair. I do trim the ends constantly and maintain it. But one still needs to keep it nourished. Enter DermOrganics. The Masque is a thick, creamy conditioner that I put on after using their shampoo and leave on in the shower for about 5-10 minutes after combing it through my hair. It rinses out very easily and leaves my locks squeaky clean with absolutely no residue. When I blow-dry, I have absolutely no frizz, no dryness, nothing but shine, bounce and healthy looking hair. I am totally amazed by what this brand can do for my hair. I never would have imagined that I could grow my hair to a longer length, but here I am, writing this review after 6 months of using their products, with longer hair for the first time in years. That's a testimony to this product. I don't have to wash my hair every day, because it doesn't get greasy on a daily basis, and over-washing would dry it out. On the second day, I wet in down, comb the Masque through it again while I'm in the shower, and rinse it out. I'll do my blow-dryer and my hair looks the same shiny, bouncy way again. Just as if I've just washed it. I'm extremely happy with this stuff.
I purchased the mega-large bottle with the pump. I can get it at TJMaxx for a penny under 20 bucks, which I consider a bargain. At the rate I use it, it should last a good year, which is pretty cheap for a product that has worked miracles on a daily basis.
I like that it's all vegan, cruelty-free and free of sulfates too. Funny thing, my hairdresser commented on how healthy my hair was looking. She asked what I was using. When I told her, she dropped the subject. I don't think they carry this in salons, so she couldn't really talk about it. It's become my daily use conditioner now, I've stopped looking for anything else because I've found what works, and my hair is happy. This may not sound like much to someone else, but I can now blow-dry my hair upside down (I haven't down that in years) and I've actually bought a larger round brush to blow-dry it with. Now that's exciting to me! That's the improvement this Masque has done for my hair.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this masque as a conditioner. It has a light cherry scent that smells very good.

I use this literally from root to tip. I have an irritable scalp that seems to go between the spectrum of oily AND dry. I massage this into my scalp as well as my ends and wait a few minutes. I make sure to wash everything out and my scalp feels very balanced afterward. My hair always comes out soft and light, more manageable and generally feels healthier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair was thin, coloured, fried and dried. I use flat irons and hairspray and have seen some unhappy damage due to overuse. My hair is normally shiny, but has zero body.

I've not seen DermaOrganics in our stores before (Canada) so as per another reviewer, I tried Winners and they had the set, which included the giant sized bottle of Shampoo and Masque, and a smaller bottle of the Leave-in (oil), plus they sold a separate giant bottle of the conditioner. I paid under $50 for the box set, and under $20 for the conditioner. I tried them right away and OMG!

I washed with the shampoo and then put about 1 Tsp of the masque in my chin length hair. I covered with a plastic cap and applied heat from my blow dryer for about 3 minutes, then wrapped in a turban and let it sit for about 30 minutes. It took no time to rinse out - it was like my hair absorbed most of it. I applied about 6 drops of the Leave In then I just dried it very casually with the blow dryer. I cannot believe the amount of BODY that I have! My hair is actually bouncing. It's shinier, sleeker, glossier, and feels amazing.

I only hope that it doesn't build up, dry out, or gunk up my scalp, because that is usually what happens when I use a rich, moisturizing, or volumizing set. Right now my scalp feels very clean and maybe a little 'tight', so I'm going to keep using these products to see how it evolves. But right now I can say, wow!

Update: I am re-reviewing these products, as since using them (shampoo, conditioner, masque, leave-in) my hair has dried out terribly. However I also changed my hair colour and styling sprays, so I am eliminating culprits. I think the masque and leave in are probably great, but I'm not so sure about the shampoo/conditioner, which I've been using the mosts - I can distinctly smell cedarwood oil in the shampoo and conditioner, which could be very drying.

I'm reverting to Paul Brown and already seeing improvements, and then I will reintroduce the DermORganic and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, I'll be annoyed because it means I blew $70 on giant bottles of the 'poo, con', masque, and leave in!

UPDATE: about 5 months after purchase: I now use this set when I want to press the reset button on my hair. I don't like using it for everyday use, but I cycle all these products through with others that I use. Overall my hair has improved in condition and I don't have the same problems with dryness and damage. Today I wanted to try and duplicate the results I had the first time, and did the exact same process as noted above, and again - WOW. I have full, soft, bouncy, body and healthy shine. I posted a picture or two. No other product used, just my dryer and round brush. So, I'm happy with this purchase!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ajohan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It makes my hair soft and shiny. It washes out of my hair really well and doesn't weight it down. Plus it leaves my hair smelling nice. I would recommend this. The only problem is the price. My hair soaks up conditioner like a sponge which means I'm going through this faster than I had hoped. I will be buying the big bottle of this next time.

Update

Have been using this product for a few months now and I love it now more than ever. Just recently tried a new conditioner and I regret it so much. Yes, it make my hair feels soft and shiny (but no softer and shinier than with with the DermOrganic masque) except now my hair is heavy and it feels like my hair wants to stick together even though I washed it out really well. I believe it is the silicone in the new conditioner, though I can say for sure. Can you even have buildup after one wash? Because that is what it feels like.

I am so sorry for cheating on you, DermOrganic. It was a terrible choice. Please take me back.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by isabelll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have blond, typical scandinavian hair and let me say this.. I have NEVER had a conditioner that make my hair as soft and shiny as this whithougt weigting it down at all! and all frizz and flyaways that I used to have problem with is gone with this! The smell is also wonderfull! LOVELOVELOVE THIS!

BUY IT NOW

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I bought a sample size at TJMaxx and it made my hair silkier than it's ever felt. It also smells amazing! I plan to buy a huge bottle and use it whenever I shampoo. I usually only do once or twice a week, so it should last a long time. Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an average hair treatment. I did not notice anything special about it. L'oreal everstrong and eversleek deep conditioners work better for my very fine, dry hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my hair so silky, soft, and manageable. I use it with the matching shampoo and can honestly say this is one of the best masques I've tried. It's very moisturizing. I recommend it to anyone with dry, damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by hmagoun7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wash my hair every 3-4 days so I end up using this every time in conjunction with Suave's clarifying shampoo. I was hesitant at first to buy this product since I thought the price was a little steep but I caved in and have not regretted it. After shampooing I apply just a pump's worth to the lower length of my hair, spread the excess on the top of my head, and leave it in while I wash my body and shave, so usually about 5 minutes, before rinsing. It smells great and my hair is always so soft! Don't let the price discourage you - for the amount I use, it's going to last me months.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by zeusandcoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was originally using this as my twice-weekly conditioner, only running it through my hair for two minutes max each wash. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, you do need to let it soak into your hair a little longer, so I have to remember to wash my hair and put it on as soon as I get in the shower, then shave, wash my face, draw on the shower glass etc. while I'm waiting for it to work it's magic. But work it's magic it does, it leaves your hair silky and soft and smells great!
I use it in conjunction with Nature's Organics Neutralising/Normalising? shampoo (the green one), because unfortunately the Dermorganics Shampoo leaves my hair oily after day one (I usually last 3-4 days).

***Update- October 2013***
I recently asked DermOrganic on Facebook why their packaging doesn't feature the cruelty-free bunnies, or why they aren't featured on PETA or Choose Cruelty Free's databases (which costs nothing besides the time to sign a legal declaration that they do not test products or ingredients on animals or employ anyone else to do so); they simply stated 'their products aren't tested on animals' but failed to answer my question as to why they wouldn't sign the legal documents PETA and CCF provide stating so. Surprise surprise, they deleted my comment and the comments others made on the matter also. Shady. I've since binned all of the products I bought from them and will NOT be repurchasing until I see their name on one of the lists.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No