July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Finishing Kabuki

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy Batman I love this brush! It's so versatile! From applying liquid, mineral, and mousse like foundations to applying cream blush to using to set your face with powder - this brush does an amazing job!
Will definately be getting a few more of these as it's perfect when you're going away for a weekend and don't want to take 10 different face brushes with you.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this brush and will be buying a few more. i find it just perfect for my cream blushes. here's what i do: i lightly tap the center of brush onto the cream blush. then i softly swirl brush on my cheeks. the outside part of brush hairs perfectly help blend the cream blush onto the cheeks. i haven't encountered any hair fallout. it isn't an easy travel brush as the handle is bulky. i like the handle though- it looks pretty and stands well on my makeup counter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good brush in that it's eco friendly and cruelty free. I own quite a few Eco Tools brushes and they're all amazingly soft, so I was surprised to find that this wasn't as soft as I'd expected. It's still soft, but the tips of the bristles can be a bit prickly. This doesn't really fit the usual description of what a kabuki is as it's not dense enough, although it works great as a finishing brush. I was hoping this would be a cheaper and better alternative for my MAC 187 and although I don't mind the fact that it's not as dense as the 187, the pricklier bristles are not as nice on my face. I use this for my face powders, bronzers and blushes to ensure a light and subtle application. I do find that for blush and bronzer application, it's a bit too big for precise/targeted application and in this respect my 187 is better. Despite this, it's still a pretty decent brush and serves my purposes quite well although I would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ObsidianAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush! the only downside I can find is that it's not that travel friendly because it is a little bulky but other than that, this brush is amazing. I typically wear mineral foundation and this brush makes it so that the powder goes on evenly and it also doesn't cake my makeup. With this brush you can build up makeup to whatever coverage you want at the moment whether it be sheer or full. I also use this brush for bronzer and blush because those are ( in my opinion) the two processes of makeup that you can easily go overboard on; using the brush for blush and bronzer makes it so you can start out sheer and than build. Love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by kahoo58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a brush that works great for applying powder lightly and evenly. I got this at Bed Bath and Beyond for $7.00, an awesome deal. Bristles are soft on the skin, it has enough bristles too, not sparse like some other cheaper types of brushes like this one. So happy I found this brush, love that its short and squat to, fits in a small makeup bag so its great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

Once again, I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Ecotools. This is a gorgeous, unique looking short-handled duo-fiber brush with a head similar to the infamous MAC 187, with the difference being that the head on this brush is about 20% larger than the 187 and is made of two different types of synthetic fibers.

It's marketed as a finishing kabuki but my favorite way to use it is as a foundation brush to apply my MUFE F&B. I use it first to dot foundation all over my face and then to buff it all in so that it's blended. It blends the foundation both seamlessly, and equally as important for me, efficiently--it only takes me about 30 sec. to do my face because the brush is so big and effective (lol...that sounds kinda gross). It doesn't waste product either because the brush doesn't absorb much due to its more sparse, longer hairs at the top of the brush head, which cannot collect a lot of foundation. However, it still allows for effortless blending because the bottom of the brush is denser and the fibers there help to buff the product into your skin once it has been evenly distributed by the top fibers. It's also extremely reliable as it doesn't shed one bit and can be washed very easily. On top of all this, I think it's also much more soft than the 187 and much, much cheaper. Win win, all the way. Definitely an HG item for me!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush to apply blush and it does so beautifully! It's bristles are soft and the price is right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: soft, dense, doesn't take too long to dry, very little to no shedding

Cons: gives powder products too light of an application

Comments: I love using this to apply liquid foundation - the results are flawless. The bristles aren't so soft that it makes blending or stippling difficult to do. For powder products, it gives a very light application. I didn't find it took very long to dry. It also looks so cute!

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

I've been using this brush for a month and I think I have a pretty good idea of what to say about it. I haven't been using it for powder, although I did once and it put on just the right amount, so for you mineral foundation users, this is a pretty good brush for that. Now, it looks like the MAC 187 right? I think it does, although I can't compare the two because I don't have the 187, but I really like using this brush for liquid foundation. It gives me a beautiful airbrushed look, plus it's quick and easy to do since the brush is a lot bigger than the 187. The bristles are very soft, it doesn't shed whenever I wash it, and it's still as soft as the day I first bought it. Sounds pretty good right, but why did I rate it 4/5? I find it a PITA to clean. Maybe it's the foundation I'm using, (atm, I'm using the Revlon Photoready in Shell) but no matter how effective I try to clean it, the bristles are kind of stained. Not a huge deal, but I would like if it didn't stain. Also, drying takes at least a full day since the brush hairs are so dense, and it holds a lot of moisture. The way it's built kind of makes me angry since I tried cleaning it with the brush facing down so the water wouldn't seep in the brush and loosen the glue, thus making it shed. But what always happened was that the bristles would bend in awkward angles, so then I have to rewash it again. No biggie, but I finally had to make it sit at a slanted angle in order for it to dry. Sure the bristles on the side are a bit bent, but you can always reshape it back to it's original position.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush to apply my MAC SFM poder and i love it. Does a brillient job looks very air brushed and i will be buying from their collection more now.