October 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jhorne84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, it goes on well and lasts all day, even stays on overnight if I don't take it off! However is pretty expensive. I have found that its great if you have normal to dry skin but if you tend to have oily skin if doesn't stay put very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by nguoithutu

Le Stylo does last for along time. However, it does not stand up as waterproof as it is described. On the other hand, it smudges like CRAZZYYY...

After dinner with my boyfriend's family, I went to wash my hands. To my horror, this eyeliner was all over the bottoms of my eyes. Thanks for the dark setting of the restaurant, I saved my self from a public embarrassment. And it was only 2 or 3 hours after I put on my make-up.

I would definitely recommend to set these eyeliners with similar eyeshadow. The reason I bought and may buy them again is that I have no luck or skill with any pencil sharpener so my normal pencils all were just broken off. Lancome Le Stylo pencil only need to get twisted up, but don't over twist them since you cannot twist them back in. Recommend to get them from Ebay, they're much cheaper there. If you find any good eyeliner and you have no trouble with sharpening them, don't waste your money on these pencils.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by llMyStiQuEll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I started reading Makeupalley, I bought this. I bought two actually, in cafe and noir, thinking expensive products meant good quality. I was so wrong. This eyeliner ALWAYS ends up below my eyes somehow, even when I only apply it to my upper lashline. I was new to makeup then and I thought that this was how my eyes were and that all eyeliners would do that to me. Nope, it was just this one. Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by afcgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite eyeliner. Yes it is expensive but it is so worth it. I always buy it in Cafe, it is the perfect dark brown color. It looks almost black but it is a little softer which is good for my age. It stays on all day long, no smudges. I have tried many other brands and always come back to Le Stylo in Cafe! Only bad part it is sold out a lot!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by dokibaesil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never in my life spent as much money on an eyeliner as I did on this one. Every eyeliner that I've tried, though, would melt in the outer corner of my eye no matter the brand. But when I got this eyeliner- it didn't melt at all making this product the greatest eyeliner I've ever used. It goes on so smoothly and lasts such a long time. But I have two problems with this product:
1) It's 24 USD.
2) It only lasted my THREE WEEKS

24 bucks for three weeks?? I used it everytime I went out/went to school and three weeks later- gone.
Unbelievable.
I wasn't and still am not planning on spending 24 bucks every 3-4 weeks like I have a bunch of money, which I don't, on an eyeliner no matter how amazing it is.

I'll be sticking with my MAC PowerPoint Eye Pencil thank you very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hapababe

The most money I've ever spent on an eyeliner...& it didn't stay put! I don't see how this can be called "waterproof", it smudged not too long after I applied it. I have not been using it, I'm sticking to my Revlon Colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by oyano

Trying to find a new eyeliner, and having liked past Lancome products I thought I would give this eyeliner a try as well. I liked how it glides on and how you don't have to sharpen the eyeliner. However, "waterproof long lasting", wasn't what I got. I found it always smudging throughout the day. Even after informing the sales person of my oily/combinations skin she still guaranteed that it was a "excellent product and stays on great throughout the day". For a third of that price I found other products that did so much better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This glides on incredibly gently, without a trace of pulling, tugging, or catching on the skin. The color is rich, velvety, and super pigmented. Unfortunately, it smudges terribly- upper lids, lower lids, and rims. As much as I wanted to use this I could not. If you are looking for a precise line that does not travel this is the not the right product at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Lancome crayon kohl in decades past, and always wound up with the waxy dark colors sliding down my undereye area. I was convinced by a salesgirl to try this one, and I did. It is very good for the upper lid; I can smoosh it into the lashline and blur it. On the lower lid, I use it with one of my highly rated Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. So I give it a 4 overall. It is a good eyeliner which I prefer in this pen form for the color "noir" which basically asks for drama. The price is decent, and thus far there has been no breakage. I like the smudger on the opposite end.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the very best Eyeliners in Black (Noir) that I have ever used (and I have used many at my age! ;) ) Stays on well on the waterlines (upper & lower) and is a dream to apply. I don't use it anywhere else on my eye so can't comment for use on outer lining. It lasts very well as I generally only apply once and it's the first wind up liner (as in not a pencil) I've ever used - that's a bonus as I never need to sharpen it. It is also a definite dark Black in colour.

Having said all that, as someone else here said, the lid on the liner end has split which is a negative and the smudger (which I never use) has come loose and pulls right off - which is something I did not expect from a Brand that is quite pricey. So I will deduct 1 Lippy for this reason. I wish I could give it 4.5 though as it is such a great liner. I treat my products with care and so think this should not happen as you are paying for a reasonably expensive item.

Overall I think this product is excellent and easy to use/apply. I will be buying again when I run out. Oh and also need to mention that it seems to be lasting a very long time, perhaps that is because you use all of the product rather than wasting it as you do when you sharpen a pencil liner - so, that's another bonus then! :)